Chapter 17: We're Done

Alex's POV

It's Monday and Jayden is acting weird. He's being distant and barely talking to anyone. He doesn't want my hugs or kisses and seems out of it. "Do you guys know what's wrong with Jayden" I asked the crew. They all looked at each other like they were having a secret conversation with their eyes. "Ok I say it, do you know today's date?" Erika asked. "January 16th, why?" I asked.

"Today is the day that Jayden's dad left him and his mom. His parents got a divorce and Jayden hasn't seen him since" Mehgan said. "I thought Jayden hated his dad" I said. "He does but he blames himself for him leaving and he often thinks about when he got jumped and how his dad reacted" Nick said.

"That's why he's being so distant. I'll talk to him later" I said. "I don't think you should. Maybe wait till tomorrow just because to be safe" Justin said. "It's ok I know what to do" I said before leaving.
(Time Skip) after school

I'm going to Jayden's house to cheer him up. I make my way to his room and I hear his sad playlist is playing. When Jayden gets in sad or depressed mood he plays his sad playlist and right now he's listening to Listen Before I Go by Billie Eilish. I immediately open the door and I see him sitting against the headboard with his plain black hoodie with tears in his eyes.

"Hey bubba are you feeling any better?" I asked. "Not really" he said. "I know what today is and I want you to know that it wasn't your fault" I said. "I appreciate what you're trying to do Alex but you can't help how I feel" he said standing up. "I could if you just talked to me instead of being closed off as usual" I said.

                  Jayden's POV

Did he really just say that? If he wants to go there well then let's go there. "If I don't want to talk about it then I don't have to talk about it. Just give me my space" I said walking downstairs. He follows and says "Why do you have to be so damn stubborn?" Alex said. "Why do you have to be so pushy? Why can't you just let me be alone?" I ask.

"Because somethings wrong and you won't let me help you. I'm trying to be a good boyfriend but you're making it difficult as usual" he said. "How am I making difficult, because I don't want to talk about my past right now. If you wanna "be a good boyfriend" then you will just let me sulk today and talk to me tomorrow" I said. "You make it so hard to love you sometimes" he said.

That really hurt my feelings that I barely have. "If I'm so hard to love then maybe you should get the hell out of my house" I exclaimed. "Are you serious right now?" He asked. "I'm deadass, bye Alex" I said pushing him towards the door. "You're being ridiculous" he said putting his shoes on. "Well I'm sorry I'm ridiculous and hard to love maybe if I could be the person you love if you just gave me some damn space" I said.

He left and I go back to my room and start crying. I haven't cried this many times this year than I have since I was 7. I just keep running away the people I love because I'm just a fuck up. I wonder if me and Alex are going to be ok after this. We've had some being arguments but never this bad. I don't know if we're meant for each other.

I went to sleep with tears streaming down my face wondering how tomorrow is going to be.
(Time Skip) next day

I walked into the school by myself and met the rest of the crew who were all confused why I was the last one to show up. "What's wrong with you and Alex, you didn't come together?" Erika asked. "Why don't you ask him" I said. "Jayden I didn't mean it last night I was just mad" Alex said.

"I don't give a fuck how mad you are, you don't say shit like that unless you truly feel like that way!" I yelled. "I wouldn't have said that if you weren't being so stubborn!" he yelled back. "If I'm so stubborn and so hard to love then maybe we don't need to be together!" I exclaimed. All the crew members gasped with their eyes widened.

"What are you trying to say Jayden?" Alex asked in a low tone. "I'm saying that we're over, goodbye Alex" I said in the same low tone. I couldn't stand being in that building after everything that just happened so I left. I walked home with a million things on my mind.

One things for sure, I'm not thinking about my dad anymore.