Chapter Seven

Finally I am back, I hope you enjoy this chapter as we finally find out what happened to Jarrod. Thank you everyone for your patience, enjoy XXX

Jarrod woke slowly; stretching his arms above his head he relished the feel of the black satin sheets as they slid down his chest revealing well toned muscles. Jarrod gazed around his room with pride; Jarrod was pleased with his choice of sheer black carpet that he had chose for his flooring. The dark oak furniture complimented his room perfectly.

Jarrod sank back into his soft bed with a smile remembering the dream he had had, the same perfect dream he had every night. Jarrod had no idea how his dreams had started, he had been having them ever since he could remember, and Jarrod hadn’t told a soul about his recurring dream, not wanting to be laughed out of the mountains.

A loud banging from the other side of Jarrod’s door roused him. “Get up” a voice roared as it continued banging. Jarrod laughed out loud at the caller’s impatience, it was always the same routine. “Stop laughing you little whelp and get up”

“Alright, alright, keep your hair on” Jarrod’s reply was met with silence “Oh, wait” he continued “You don’t have any”

Another vicious bang on the door was his callers reply. Jarrod laughed once more as he rose from his bed and searched for his training gear. Swooping it up from the chair where he had unconsciously thrown it the night before Jarrod dressed in haste.

Jarrod paused in front of the mirror to admire himself; he wore black fitted pants, his black shirt stretched across his bulging muscles, and the top two buttons open to reveal a smooth hard chest. Jarrod ran his hands through his midnight black hair, his eyes showing his heritage shone with dark black flecks flitting through them. Jarrod gave himself a cheeky wink. “God I’m handsome”

Moving to the chest that lay at the bottom of his bed Jarrod searched for his weapon of choice for the day’s training. Moving aside his bow and sword Jarrod picked up his long hunting knife, the blade shone like a diamond. Happy with his choice Jarrod left his room heading for the entrance where he knew his trainer would be waiting for him.

Jarrod strode down the hallway as if he owned it; he ignored the dirty looks the guards gave him. Jarrod knew that they were full of jealousy, they wanted something that they could never obtain, they wanted what Jarrod had, power.

Jarrod could smell his mentor before he reached him, for some reason his trainer omitted a sour smell; it was unpleasant to Jarrod’s senses. Jarrod could see the mans silhouette, the moonlight gleaming off his head.

“Took your time” his mentor spat.

Jarrod grinned placing his hand on the man’s shoulder, knowing the man was repulsed by his touch. His mentor threw Jarrod’s hand off with a growl and began heading into the forest. “Move” he growled.

Jarrod knew it wasn’t wise to rile him up, but the man was to tense,however he was the best at what he did. If Jarrod could have chosen anyone to train him he would have been his choice. For such a big man he moved without a sound, Jarrod tried to emulate his movements, to track your prey you must not be seen or heard. Jarrod was led into the middle of the forest without a word, Jarrod’s thoughts wandered to the prey they had recently tracked.

Jarrod had learnt to track every animal in the forest and he was beginning to get bored with the same training over and over again, Jarrod yearned for something fresh and exciting. Jarrod stopped as his mentor turned to face him, his eyes hard as stone.

“Tonight you will track something more than an animal”

Jarrod could feel his heart begin to race; he was finally in the last stages of his training. For three months Jarrod had been learning how to track, once his training was complete Jarrod would finally be able to take the position that he had been born to take.