Chapter Two

Well, hello again. Sorry about the delay, I know where I'm going with this book, but the first few chapters have proved to be a challenge. I'm sorry if this doesn't live up to the rest of the book, but never mind. I just wanted to thank everybody who has read Abby and has continued with this one, your support has been amazing, thank you all :)

*************

Abby led the group down the hillside with stealth and speed. Crouching down low Abby halted at the edge of the town, the group immediately following her lead. Four Demons passed by, three lesser Demons and a Skin Walker as Abby had come to call them.

For a moment Abby feared the witches spell had not worked, the Skin Walker stopped right in front of where the group waited. His black eyes scanned the area around him, stopping on Abby. Tension rent the air as Abby waited him out, he cocked his head to the right, taking a few steps forward before a scuffle broke out between two of the lesser Demons, regaining his attention.

With a roar he separated the two and ran a blade up through the chest of one of them. The other three Demons grunted before turning away and carrying on. The Walker looked back once more before spitting and kicking on the fallen Demon, muttering about their in adequacy's.

Once they were out of earshot Marcus turned to Abby.

"Well, one down already"

Abby smirked at him "Yeah but there's about twenty left"

"Piece of cake" Reid interrupted. Jake gave him a high five and a wide grin.

"Let's do this" Jake had taken to fighting the Demons with ease.

Abby motioned the group steadily forward through the sleepy town. They darted through back alleys, keeping a watch for their enemies. They halted a few feet from their destination.

The building was wide, but not as tall as some of the others only one story high, a smaller target to protect. Abby could make out at least twenty heartbeats, the actual outside of the building was guarded by the lesser Demons, making their job to get inside a little easier.

Abby turned to the group, nodding at Jazz and Eddie. The two shifters nodded and left the way they had came, skirting back around the building. Abby sent a silent message to Selena and Calli, so they would know to withdraw the spell from them.

They waited for the duo to do their job, as shifters they had become essential to the group. Abby still wondered why the brothers had decided to join them. The boys didn't mix well, especially with the wolves, it was a superiority issue. However they listened to Abby, and they seemed to enjoy their role's, acting as decoy's. Abby found it truly amazing what those boys could change in to, as a rule they were capable of turning into any animal they had ever encountered.

The screeching down the street let Abby know they had arrived. The Demons immediately picked up their scent, at first they thought it wasn't going to work. The Demons seemed reluctant to leave their post, whatever they were guarding was important.

Abby and Marcus looked at each other, Abby shook her head, she had faith in the boys. Abby could see the sparkle in the Demon's eyes, the excitement. Sure enough one by one the Demons were drawn away leaving the building on the outside unguarded.

"Pathetic" Jacob spat "Demons running around after cats"

Abby chuckled, of all things, the lesser Demons weakness was cats, they were a delicacy for them, a one they could not resist. Abby knew the boys would take the Demons on a merry chase, giving them the opening they needed.

"Straight in, straight out" Abby clarified

The group nodded their assent as they headed for the building. Running across the street they made it to the door without incident. Abby leaned close, she could feel the Demons within.

"Reid, Jake and Seth take the right, there's four lessor's down the hall, take them out. Leah, Aiden and Jacob you take the left, there's three more down that side. Marcus your with me"

Slowly opening the door they headed in, the group split without a word. Abby indicated to the back with her head, Marcus nodded. Together they eased forward along a corridor. Coming to a junction Abby checked both way's, at the end of each corridor was a door. To the right Abby could sense three skin walkers, to the left there was one skin walker and one lesser demon.

Abby chose the left first, Abby and Marcus both stood at either side of the door, their swords drawn. Nodding her head Marcus lightly tapped on the door. When there was no response he tapped again. The skin walker snapped the door open with a growl, his eyes scanning the corridor, with a shrug he turned to enter the room, Before he could get any further Abby swing her sword out, slicing right through the neck. The body dropped to the floor with a thud as they charged in the room and took out the other Demon within seconds.

"Abby" A cry formed in Abby's mind. "it's Leah, we need to move now"

Easing themselves out of the room, they gently closed the door. Abby really wanted to take out the other three, but right now she sensed the panic in Leah's voice. Backtracking they headed back to the front door, then veered to the left. There was only one room, the door was open. Cautiously they stepped in to see the bodies of Demons on the floor. there was no sign of the others.

"Look" Marcus whispered.

At the far corner of the room was a book shelf, looking closely you could see the light spilling from the side. Abby approached quietly, Marcus eased himself in and then abruptly stopped.

"What" Abby hissed "What is it?"

Pushing her way past Marcus, Abby saw the whole group had convened here. The whole room was white, the floors and the ceiling, to the right lay a table and on it were instruments of torture. But the main focus was the two bodies strung up on the wall.

Abby's heart raced as she took in one familiar face, the chains binding him so tightly his skin had rubbed off.

"What are you waiting for?" Abby snapped.

The others raced to the other male figure chained to the wall and released him, Reid scooped him up in his arms. Abby tore the chains from the wall with ease, the body falling limply in her arms. His whole body was covered in cuts, blood stained every surface of his body.

"I'll take him" Marcus offered.

Abby shook her head "We have to go. Selena's spell is weakening"

"What about the others" Jacob snapped "We can take them"

"No" Abby replied "Now move"

Abby could see the reluctance in Jacob's eyes, he wanted to take his grief and anger out at every possible opportunity. Without another word the group retreated. Abby stopped at the door looking back, more than anything she wanted to finish the job, but they had to get back to the convoy and be away from there before they realised their prisoners had gone. The Lesser Demons were on there way back, the boys had done there job.

Following behind Abby held her burden close to her chest, he was light, Abby could feel his bones through his torn clothes. They reached the convoy just as the cover spell broke. No one spoke as Abby went to the back of the truck and placed her bounty in side.

The looks of shock and horror said it all. "Time to leave " Abby snapped before climbing in the back.

Abby sat beside him and gently stroked his hair away from his forehead. Abby had mixed feelings about finding him again, he had betrayed her after all.

His eyes slowly fluttered open at Abby's touch, his gaze wavered before focusing on her's. His eyes widened in shock.

"Hello Zane"