Chapter Eighteen

Yeah two chapters up, I'm going away for a few days so hopefully I will be able to get this book finished when I get back. Thanks to everyone for reading, I appreciate all of your comments and votes.

Selena sat locked up in her room, just when she felt things were falling in to place, her mother had gone and died on her. They had never had the best of relationships but she was still her mother and  the most powerful Seer that Selena had ever known.

And now her legacy was gone, ripped away from her like her mother.  All she could feel now was anger, an anger she was finding hard to control. Her magic was leaking from her pores in waves causing destruction to whatever it touched.

Her room lay in tatters, vases smashed, clothes shredded and torn. The bed concave, destroyed beyond repair. She sat on the windowsill, surrounded by broken glass, looking into the night. Selena lifted her hand as her magic swirled around her like a sand storm.

Her mind was in turmoil, unsure how to deal with the events. Julius had tried to comfort her, but her anger had been so great he had literally been thrown out of the room with a force of a hurricane. She knew if she could just think clearly she could come up with a way to get Magda's essence back.

The picture of Abby with her fangs buried into her mother's neck would not leave her mind, the girl she had come to grow fond of, she was spirited, loyal a powerful being whom she had grown to love.

Selena knew in her heart that Abby could no longer be responsible for her mother's death than she was, but her head was fighting a battle she did not have the energy to win.

Jacob sat comforting Leah and the others, more than anything he felt bitter, more time taking them away from their search for Jarrod. 

"For gods sake Marcus will you sit down, you're wearing a whole in the carpet." Aiden snapped.

Marcus just shot him a death glare and continued his pacing, guilt eating away at him as Abby's personal guard he should have been there by her side.

"Look" Jacob began "We all feel guilty okay, it's shitty what happened but we have to deal with this. No more what ifs, we find who did this and move on, we don't have a choice."

"I don't think Selena would see it that way" Eva snapped.

Jacob was about to tell her what he thought about that comment when there was a knock on the door. They all looked at each other as if expecting the worst. The door opened and a head popped round, a sigh of relief filled the room. It was only Dillon, he looked nervous.

"Sorry to bother you, i just woke up, I was looking for Zane"

Jacob strode over and dragged Dillon through the door, no one protested as he held him by his collar.

"Just woke up! Are you kidding me right now, you know he could be the one, I mean we know nothing about him, he could have been sent here as a spy."

Dillon choked and sputtered his face turning an angry red, he managed to shove Jacob off him, giving him a dirty look.

" I have no idea what you're talking about, I am  definitely no spy" he spat "I spent months with those things, you don't even want to know what they did to me."

"That's enough Jacob" Calli said softly "Selena gave him a sleeping potion to help heal his wounds."

Jacob held his hands up and took a step back.

"Apologize Jacob"

Jacob turned to Leah. "I'm not apologising to someone we barely know"

Calli ignored him and turned to Dillon who looked angry and uncomfortable.

"Zane has gone to find out what is happening with Abby"

"Thanks" he whispered.

"You're more than welcome to wait with us if you want"

Dillon looked cautiously at Jacob "Sure"

"Yeah wait for your traitorous friend"

"Hey" Calli shouted "Thats enough, at least Zane is out there trying to do something, what are you doing Jacob sitting here pining for your traitorous brother."

Jacob sucked in a breath before turning to leave.

"That was harsh Calli"

"I know I'm sorry, I'm just sick of everyone getting on Zane's case"

Zane was escorted to Abby's cell, she sat staring into space hunched up on the corner of her bed. She had changed so much since he had first met her, even sitting as she was Zane could feel the power radiating from her.

"Did you enjoy the show?"

Abby finally looked up at him, the guards walked away from her cell, giving him a confused look.

"I could feel you the whole time, except it wasn't like last time, I couldn't see what you were seeing"

"So were even more of a freak than what I thought"

"Finally, she speaks"

"What do you want me to say Zane? I feel wrong, you were right to have told about me, I think something is wrong with me"

Zane sat outside the cell, his back resting against part of the wall, he didn't chance leaning on the bars, they were obviously made of something special if they were to keep someone as powerful as Abby in.

"Or your learning to control it"

Abby snorted.

"Talk to me, how did you do it"

"I dont know I just thought about you and there I was, it was cool."

Zane laughed, "I bet it was. So at least you know no one thinks you're a murderer now"

Abby shifted slightly. "What about the others?"

Shaking his head he replied "You shouldn't have to ask that"

"Selena?"

"I dont know Abby, its gotta be hard for her, she'll come around"

"I feel her you know"

"Who? Magda"

"Yeah, I didn't at first it was more like a rush of power. The longer I have been sitting here the more I can feel, its like shes a part of me now, it's hard to explain."

"Try and maybe we can figure a way out of this"

Abby sighed. "It's like when I close my eyes and think about her, I imagine her essence running through my veins, it's almost as if she speaks to me"

"That's good Abby, we'll work it out, we will find a way to put things right again, and then maybes we can work together and see what were made of"

Abby laughed. " I already know what you're made of Zane, me"

"Ahh my Maker I am so proud"

Zane stood as if to leave.

"She knew" Abby whispered.

"What?"

"Just before I left for the battle, I saw her Zane she was just standing there staring. She looked so sad. I think she saw what was going to happen."

"Harsh, I don't think i would like to see my own death"

"I'm going to find them Zane and I'm going to tear their throats out, just like they did to Magda."