Chapter Five

Hey guys, just bear with me on this one. I am blissfully unaware where I am heading with this book so I am taking it one chapter at a time. Anyways I hope you like it and thank you to everyone who has read it and thanks to my new fans. This one is dedicated to @Nessa181 for my cover, what do you think?

**************************************

"Don't be such a baby"

Magda's voice interrupted Abby's keening. Abby raised her head from her brothers chest, which Abby now realized had stilled; Zane's heart no longer beat. Abby looked at Zane’s face, he looked so peaceful; it was the first time Abby had saw him look relaxed. Abby could still feel the warmth from his skin seeping in to her own cold fingers. Sniffing Abby wiped her face, smearing her blood across her checks even more.

“You knew that would happen didn't you?" Abby asked.

Magda nodded. “It is a rare gift you posses, to take the memories of those you drain, that is why you must not do it too often, those memories will eat you alive if you let them. I couldn’t tell you, some things you have to learn on your own”

“Do you think it will work?” Abby asked.

Magda watched Abby for a moment, deciding to tell her some of what she knew. “He will rise again”

Abby breathed a sigh of relief. “He doesn’t know where the others are”

“So, does that mean you shouldn’t have given him the chance?”

Abby shook her head. “No, I’m glad I did it. He shouldn’t be punished for his father’s sins, no matter what happens”

Magda nodded her head with respect, knowing all along that Abby would make the right choice. Magda knew Zane would awaken different but her visions would not show her how.

Abby moved to the basin and cleaned herself up, twice in two days was not good for her body, and she would have to replace the blood she had lost. As if reading her mind Magda handed her a blood bag. Abby was surprised that she had been able to stop with Zane, her first live subject. Abby thought her connection to Zane had stopped her from killing him completely, she only wondered if it would be the same if she had to do it again.

Abby stood straight, her time of mourning over. “What do we know of the new guy?” she asked Magda.

Magda shrugged. “Don’t know, I was too busy trying to save your brother’s life”

Abby sighed, knowing this meant she had to find out for herself. Abby glanced once more at Zane before leaving the tent, there was no doubt in her mind that Abby would be aware the second he woke. Abby strode with purpose to Selena’s sanctuary.

Lifting the entrance Abby slipped in. Selena stood at the end of the cot with both Aiden and Jazz. The boy lay still, his arms were bandaged up. He was breathing normally and his heart rate was good. “Do we know who he is?” Abby asked.

The trio’s attention turned to Abby, their faces grim. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Were not sure” Selena replied. “He will be fine but were a bit puzzled over what species he is”

“What do you mean?”

“He has traces of both elemental and shape shifter in him”

Abby walked to the side of the cot and took in the face of the boy. He was about their age, handsome in a rough kind of way. His dark blond was ruffled and a bit too long; he had a slight amount of stubble on his chin. His nose was long and aristocratic, it suited his features perfectly.

Abby shrugged. “So he’s a bit of both, what does it matter?”

“Of course it matters” Jazz snapped.