Chapter Nine

At last it's here, sorry it's so short. Just to let you know Abby has been published on Lulu so if anybody's interseted check it out. Thanks again to everyone who is reading, I love all of your support and comments :)

********************************************

Abby woke in the middle of the night not knowing what had happened, the last thing her brain registered was standing in front of the meeting and then her mind went blank. Blinking her eyelids repeatedly it wasn’t long before Abby’s body registered the warmth of another beside her.

Abby turned slowly and was greeted with the sight of Marcus’s back. Marcus must have brought her to his tent after she had passed out. Abby had taken to spending her nights with Marcus; unable to sleep she had found comfort at his side. Marcus was a true friend and though the rest of the group believed something else was happening Abby knew that they had nothing romantic between them Marcus had always behaved as a gentleman towards Abby.

Abby thought back to her conversation with Selena and knew within her heart that her friend was right. Abby had noticed that while he hadn’t made his intentions clear that it was obvious that Marcus had developed true feelings towards her and it was time Abby made a choice.

Abby had noticed the glances Marcus gave her when he thought she wasn’t looking, they way his eyes softened around her. Abby knew without a doubt that her heart belonged to Jarrod and it always would, but Abby had changed not just species but her personality too and it was becoming harder for her to deny the feelings that were creeping up on her.

Just as Abby began to explore her feelings Marcus turned over on to his back, the sheet covering him slipped down to reveal a hard and bare muscled chest. Abby felt a little hitch in her heart, Marcus had always worn clothes when they had lain together. Her eyes roamed the plain of his torso, tanned in color and well sculpted.

Abby felt her breathing become labored as her eyes travelled lower, her mouth began to salivate and without thought her fangs descended. Her body unconsciously loomed over his.

“My what big teeth you have”

Abby’s eyes widened in shock at Marcus’s words, yet still her eyes focused on his flesh. It took a moment for his words to register before Abby moved her gaze to Marcus’s face and beamed at him.

“All the better for eating you my dear” Abby replied.

They stared at each other for a moment before laughing out loud. Abby lay her head down on her hands which were resting on Marcus’s chest as his arms encircled her. They gazed into each other’s eyes both trying to understand what was happening between them.

“My heart belongs to Jarrod” Abby whispered.

Marcus leaned his head up towards Abby so that their noses were touching.

“I know” Marcus breathed.

Before Abby knew what was happening Marcus heaved her up further into his arms and placed his lips against hers. His lips felt soft and warm to Abby, inviting. Abby felt a rush of pleasure as Marcus tried to deepen the kiss; she opened her mouth slightly and let her fangs graze Marcus’s lip causing him to groan. Abby retracted her fangs as soon as Marcus’s tongue shot into her mouth. Abby realized how right this felt and immediately pulled away.

“I’m sorry Marcus; I shouldn’t have let you do that”

“Yes you should, I think we both know this was going to happen.” Marcus sat up and held Abby’s hands. “The question is what we do about it; Abby surely you know how I feel about you. You are the bravest, loyal and beautiful person I have ever met. You deserve to be happy and if that’s not me I won’t stand in your way. No matter what you decide I will always be fighting by your side”