Chapter Thirteen

• Dedicated to To all my fans

Hey guys I know it's short but I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. I want to thank everyone for their kind words and patience with me, my brain is still a bit muddled so I hope this is okay x x

Jarrod paced the area were his prey had departed, he could sense the use of a portal and it had not been too long since it had been used. A smirk was plastered on his face, he knew the group was smart and they had to be receiving help from someone who had a lot of power. A picture of Abby flashed through his mind, Jarrod could not deny that she was a beautiful creature and that he felt drawn to her. He knew he had to stay focused on the mission and he knew without a doubt he would see her again.

Jarrod ordered his minions to set camp for the night there would be no use in travelling when he had no idea where he was travelling too. He watched the demons with disgust as they simply threw themselves to the ground, they were primitive beings that Jarrod felt were of no use to him. The Creator had not allowed Jarrod to use the skin walkers instead he gave him twenty of his big hulking black minions.

Moving to the nearest tree Jarrod sank down and closed his eyes knowing that no one would be foolish enough to attack the large group. Jarrod had not given himself the chance to replay his meeting with Abby and now he let those memories come forward into his mind as he relived every second spent with the temptress.

Jarrod relished the moment when their lips had touched, the soft sweet taste of her lips, Jarrod had not wanted to stop that mind blowing kiss but not knowing of their past together and only his life now had crushed the thought.

Jarrod sank back to reality knowing it was useless trying to understand what he felt for Abby, in the end it would no longer matter. Jarrod stretched his muscular arms and looked across at the demons, night had fallen and those who weren't on watch lay slumped on the ground their big chests rat tiling with every breath they took indicating their slumber.

Jarrod decided to walk the perimeter, he didn't fully trust those at his back and he knew that Razor was expecting him to fail and Razor had a lot of influence within the ranks. Jarrod circled the grounds barely glancing at the guards when he stopped abruptly.

He casually turned into the woods and began to whistle to himself as he walked, Jarrod kept walking until he reached a clearing placing himself on the ground with his back to a tree as he waited.

A set of hands came from around the tree and were gently placed across Jarrod's eyes. Jarrod grabbed the right arm at the same time pushing himself off the ground and bringing the culprit around and on to the ground, they landed with a thump as Jarrod straddled them his hands pinning theirs above their heads.

Jarrod stared down at the raven haired beauty; her long dark hair fanned her head. Skin so soft and clear, high cheek bones and full red lips. The sight that captured him was her eyes, her blue pupils shone brightly but where the whites of her eyes should have been a bright orange red color flared with intensity revealing the fire demon within.

The girl lay unmoving for a moment before she began moving her lower body, her thighs rubbed against Jarrod's. Without hesitation Jarrod's head swept down taking the girls lip in a brutal and punishing kiss, making her moan into his mouth with satisfaction. Jarrod slowly released her hands and ran his hands down against the length of her body enjoying the feel of her soft curves. The girl ran her hands through Jarrod’s hair and clutched tightly causing Jarrod slight pain.

Passion soon overtook the pair as they began to claw at each other’s clothes in haste. As they both lay naked and panting Jarrod began to kiss down the girl’s neck, just as he reached her collarbone an image of Abby unconsciously popped into his mind. Jarrod tried to throw the image away and concentrate on the beauty before him but it was no good and Jarrod felt his lust and passion leave him as quickly as it came. Jarrod rose swiftly and walked to the nearest tree slamming it with his palm in anger with such force it began to split.

“What’s wrong?”

Jarrod ran his hands through his hair before turning back to the fire Demon. “Nothing, I have a lot on my mind Keira”

Keira stood and slowly walked towards Jarrod swinging her hips slightly as she went. Jarrod almost groaned at the sight, Kiera raised her hand and gently ran it down the side of Jarrod’s face.

“I know that’s why I came”

Jarrod knocked her hand away; he held back his wince as a flash of pain darted through her eyes. Jarrod had been acquainted with Keira for only three months but they had become close to one another. Keira had only been in her skin for four and a half months, unlike most Demons Keira had found it hard to adjust and was drawn to Jarrod immediately; both were lost souls yearning for something not within their reach.

Jarrod stalked back to his clothes and began to dress as Keira just stood and watched, waiting for his explanation that she knew would come. Keira knew that Jarrod’s position within The Creators army was important to him and that he would do anything to gain what he longed for; Keira had decided long ago that she would help him fulfill his dreams at any cost.

“I saw her” Jarrod said.

Keira was stunned, without question she knew who Jarrod referred too; he had told her about the girl in his dreams but had sworn her to secrecy.

“You mean in your dreams?”

Jarrod shook his head. “No, she was here she is part of the rebel group, she’s real Keira.”

Keira felt a flame of jealousy rise up within her; Jarrod had come to mean a lot to her in the short time they had known one another, there had been no competition against a dream but now Keira knew that she would lose Jarrod. Keira had been pulled from her dimension unwillingly by The Creator and drafted into his army, most Demons were grateful for the opportunity to be wearing skin and to reek the havoc they were born to do. Keira had always known she was different, of course there was evil flowing through her veins and she relished a fight but she would not willingly seek one out. Jarrod had understood Keira from the moment he met her and had promised that once he took his rightful place he would set Keira free. Keira knew that Jarrod would keep his word but that this might also mean that she would lose what connection they had.

“You spoke to her?” Keira asked.

“Yes. Keira I felt like I had known her a lifetime. She told me that we were once part of the same life, that The Creator had taken me from them and molded me into what I am”

“We both know that He does what he wants’ Jarrod, we know he is capable of that. The question is does it change who you are now?”

Jarrod shook his head. “No. I still intend to fulfill my mission. I am who I am now there’s no changing that”

Keira swiftly moved to Jarrod’s side.

“We will work this out together, I asked The Creator for permission to join your army and he granted it. I’m here to fight by your side”

Jarrod took Keira’s hand and squeezed lightly, he was grateful that he would have someone that he could trust by his side. Jarrod knew Keira felt more for him than he did her but he had made the girl a promise and he intended to keep it, if everything went according to plan they would both be free of The Creators reign.

“She took a portal not far from here, I have no idea where she went and I have a feeling that she will be the key to destroying the rebels”

Keira laughed. “Don’t worry my prince, all you have to do is wait and be ready. I promise that if what she says is true she will come to you, I have a feeling that she won’t be letting you go that easy”

Jarrod smiled and softly kissed her lips. “We wait together”