Chapter Nineteen

A long wait I know, I am actually trying to re-write Abby at the moment. This chapter is dedicated to Faithharris1610, thank you for all the lovely comments and messages x x x x

The room exploded in chaos as Zane entered, questions were being thrown left, right and centre. His immediate thought was to reassure everyone but the thought of Bastien stopped him. Was it safer if the killer thought he was off the hook? Would they become bolder and make an attempt on another of their group or was Magda their only target?

However Zane felt he knew he had to abide by Bastien's rules, he held all the power where Abby was concerned and he couldn't afford to lose any visitation with her. He hated to lie to his friends, especially Calli but he knew in the end they would understand, after all Abby had become family to them all.

It took a good two hours before everyone finally left and Zane headed back to the solace of his room. There wasn't one member of their group that believed Abby was responsible for Magda, however they believed Zane when he told them that the evidence that pointed towards Abby was so overwhelming that they had no choice but to await a trial.

They believed justice would be served but Zane had his doubts, he knew there were those on the council who didn't trust them, who believed them to be nothing more than a group of out of control adolescents.

There were far too many factors to take in to account, Abby's growing powers for one. This new prophecy threw a lot of doubt in the equation, Zane knew the council would become nervous of them both now . No, Zane thought, there would be no trial, one way or another he would make sure that Abby was far from here before anyone even thought to check.

Julius gazed at his daughter with a heavy heart, he blamed himself for all of the mess, if he hadn't fell in love then he wouldn't have given the Creator any hold on him. He had gained a daughter who was stronger than he could ever be, she has taken to her supernatural form like a duck to water, she was a fierce warrior and loyal to the end, and yet here she was locked in a cage like a common criminal.

"How is she?" Abby asked.

"Mourning her loss, she has a hell of a temper."

"What did she do?"

"Threw me out of her room with barely a flick of her hands."

Abby winced "Sorry that ones on me"

Julius sighed" No it's not, I should have known that He was capable of reaching someone here. The town was merely a distraction so they could stay hidden while carrying out there mission. "

Abby stood and faced her father with anger in her eyes.

" What's the point of being immortal and having this gift if we can't save the ones we love, I tried, she was barely there but I still thought it would work"

"Abby you don't understand, Magda wasn't just a simple human she was the greatest Seer of all times, nobody could have saved her at that point. What you did was admirable but it has consequences."

" You mean being locked up here like a dog!" Abby fumed, Julie's took a step back as her eyes begin to glow with pure rage.

"Calm down now" Julius demanded he didn't want the counsel to have any other reasons for keeping Abby here longer than needed.

"I have lost a friend, taken another's birthright and your telling me not to be angry! "

"You heard!"