Chapter Ten

Sorry for the delay guys but my son is sick and he's only four bless him. So this chapter may not be what you expected and I'm sorry for that but I promise as soon as my son is well I will do much better, thank you for all your support and great comments x x x x

Jarrod paced the small cave looking back at his prey every few seconds; his heart raced at the sight of her, the woman from his dreams. Jarrod had been sent out on his first mission and already it had been compromised.

The Creator had given him a small army to lead to defeat the group of rebels who had caused him so much grief. Jarrod knew that the small group sent a little fear in to The Creators heart. The urgency with how this mission was to be dealt let Jarrod know that this was no normal group of rebels. Jarrod had heard rumors of a small group that had been attacking Demons with force; they were wise, swift and cunning.

Jarrod thought back to his conversation with The Creator.

“It is time you fulfill your destiny” The Creator began. “You have reached the end of your training and now you must prove yourself worthy of taking my place”

Jarrod had kept his expression neutral although inside his heart was singing with joy, this was what he had been born for, the evil that ran through his veins had been begging Jarrod to take what was his and now it was being handed to him on a silver platter. Jarrod didn’t care about the mission; he would full fill his duties and take his place as ruler no matter the cost.

“There is a group of rebels that I need you to disperse of, you will track Julius he will lead you straight to them”

Jarrod knew that The Creator had purposefully let the vampire escape knowing that it would be the only way to reach the others. Jarrod however felt this mission was beneath him but held his tongue, it sounded too easy.

“Do not underestimate them, they have powerful magic and no matter what you see and what you hear it is all a trick. I have told you of your brother, the traitor and how he ran to the enemy because he was too weak; they must all be punished before you may rightfully claim what is yours.”

“Of course Master” Jarrod nodded “I am prepared, no one shall escape me”

The Creator nodded his head satisfied with Jarrod’s reply, waving his hand in dismissal.

Jarrod had assembled his army and left within the hour, tracking Julius had been easy at first but they had lost him just before they came to the area they were in now. Setting up camp Jarrod had decided to scout the area alone despite the protests of his men.

Jarrod had scoffed at them; his power had filled within his veins before he let loose his fury at those who dared to question him. Jarrod was now glad that he had chose to go on his own. He had not travelled far when he felt something tugging on his senses, it called to him so strongly Jarrod could not resist the pull and when he saw her swimming in the lake he knew straight away it was the woman from his dreams.

Jarrod was still unsure if it was a form of trickery; he was certain somehow they had gotten into his mind and made a picture image of the one good thing in his life. Watching her bathe had nearly stopped Jarrod’s heart and he knew he could not simply walk away. He had not intended to hit her as hard as he had, but there could be no opportunity for escape until Jarrod knew the truth. Jarrod knew time was running short and he would have to return soon, his heart grew heavy at the thought of this beautiful creature being part of the rebel band, anger coursed through Jarrod’s veins and he stalked to the crumpled body before kicking it swiftly eliciting a groan.

“Wake up” Jarrod growled at the prone form.

Abby felt a sharp pain in her ribs, letting out a groan Abby moved to try and alleviate the discomfort feeling as though she had been kicked hard. It was then Abby recalled being attacked and her eyes swiftly flew open the same time as she jumped up and took a fighting stance.