Chapter Eight

Hmm not the best but we will go with it for now. I just wanted to thank everybody who has read Abby and voted for it in the Watty awards, thank you for your support. Sorry about this chapter, I think I got a little bit lost with this one X

*****

“Wait!” Marcus cried, grabbing tightly on to Abby’s arm before she could run off.

“Marcus” Abby said patiently “Please say your not about to tell me I can’t go and find my father”

“No, of course not, but you need to make sure this isn’t a trap first. He’s been gone six months Abby, you haven’t been able to connect mentally with both Julius and Jarrod and just like that he’s calling you to him?” Marcus shook his head “I just want you to be safe, I want us all to be safe.”

Abby looked guiltily at the ground.

“What?” Marcus asked.

“He told me not to come to him, he would come to us” Abby sighed.

Marcus sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “Look, we have a lot going on here with our new guests, why don’t we meet Julius half way. We can tell everybody to pack up and be ready to move if they need to”

“Okay”

Marcus could see the frustration in Abby’s eyes as he reached out his hand to delicately trace the outline of her jaw with his finger. Her skin was soft and cold and sent shivers down his arm.

“He won’t get the best of us again Abby, I promise”

Abby knew that they all had a reason to hate The Creator now, he had taken part of their family and had made Abby what she was. The Creator’s army was growing faster than they could kill them, it was important they find away to stop them.

Abby lifted her hand to hold Marcus’s warm one and nodded. Abby sent a mental message to her father telling him they would meet him the following day away from camp. Julius immediately responded telling Abby that he would be there, it was a relief to Abby to hear the familiar voice in her mind, and she could both hear and feel the happiness in Julius’s voice that they would soon be reunited again.

“Come on, let’s check on the others, we’ll gather everyone and let them know the plan.” Marcus gently pulled Abby’s hand with a smile. Abby obliged and followed still holding Marcus’s hand, lapping up the comfort it brought her.

The pack were walking the perimeter, prowling like the predators they were. They silently nodded their agreement to join the meeting that Abby was holding in ten minutes. They found Jazz and Eddie sitting around the camp fire.

“You did a good job today” Marcus praised them.

“It’s not down to us that the Demons are stupid” Eddie replied.

Abby laughed “Well if it wasn’t for you two we would have to carry a handful of cats around with us and I don’t think they would be able to be as evasive as you are”

“Got a point” Jazz added.

“Meeting in ten” Marcus added.

The boys saluted their ascent. Marcus and Abby headed toward the tent where Selena was treating Dillon. Abby knew Selena would be heartened by the news that Julius had escaped. When they entered the tent Dillon was fast asleep and Selena sat quietly at his side. Abby motioned with her head and they all stepped outside.

“Is everything all right?” Selena asked.

Abby nodded “We have a meeting in a few minutes; I just wanted to let you know I have news.”