Chapter Twelve

Hey sorry for the delay, not one of my best but I struggled with this one, I think I have too many books on the go at once lol. I just wanted to thank everyone for reading and thank you to all my new fans (you know who you are) I appreciate all of your support and kindness x x x x

*****************************************

Abby stood back and watched her friends sigh with relief at finally having some creature comforts at hand; even Jacob seemed more relaxed for now at least. It would be a lot easier for them to make plans with the council at their disposal and Abby knew it wouldn’t be too long before they were put into action. The whole group was rowdy from the moment they had stepped inside the castle, nobody had questioned their arrival.

"Keep them in hand" Bastian whispered as he vanished from sight.

Abby laughed as Eva began talking a mile a minute and asking question after question. Abby could understand because the council very rarely allowed people in the castle and it was very overwhelming. Abby could imagine Eva running around the castle and finding all of its secrets, a task which Abby herself would have enjoyed if she didn’t have so many things to do. Zane had been reunited with Dillon and they were so engrossed in their conversation they didn’t stop to wait for the others.

Dillon still needed to be questioned fully about his capture and Abby felt he was a key piece to the puzzle. Abby only hoped for Zane’s sake that Dillon was telling the truth, it wasn’t easy for him to make friends and he seemed comfortable in Dillon’s presence.

"I am so going for a bath" Leah shouted.

"Me too" Calli agreed.

"Kitchen for me" Aiden cried.

"I don’t think so" Eva said grabbing Aiden by the collar "I want a tour now!"

Aiden rolled his eyes but followed anyway. Jazz and Eddie stood aside looking uncomfortable and both Marcus and Julius were watching Abby closely knowing that she was hiding something from them when suddenly there was a ruckus coming from outside.

Abby heard one of the guards cry out the others immediately had their guards up and went to go outside but Abby held up her hand to stop them.

"It's only Magda" Abby sighed knowing that the old witch would cause trouble eventually.

Julius muttered something about feeling sorry for the guards before he turned and stalked off shaking his head. Abby turned to the others.

"Why don’t you all go and get settled in I'll handle this"

The group gladly agreed not wanting to deal with Magda. Abby huffed and headed outside. Two guards lay on the ground; their hearts were beating so they were only knocked out. Magda stood in front of another guard threatening him, the guard in all his glory actually looked quite scared.

"Magda" Abby shouted "What are you doing?"

"I won’t let them take me" her shrill voice cried.

Abby held both of her hands out and motioned for the guard to step back which he did with a grateful look on his face.

"We were only trying to escort her in to the castle" the guard said quietly.

"It's okay I will take it from here"

Abby watched as the guard dragged the two unconscious guards back to the castle, when they were gone Abby turned to Magda who was still glaring in the direction they had left.

"Magda what the hell are you doing?"

"Stupid imbeciles, I told them I am staying out here and they tried to force me in side. I will not step foot in that place do you hear me"