Chapter Fifteen

Yeah, another chapter, not to sure about this one, I think I wrote it wrong lol. Never mind.

Abby stood impatiently waiting for the other guards to arm themselves, she could have been there and back by now. Bastien approached from nowhere as he was inclined to do.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like me to notify your friends? I'm sure they would still want to be by your side."

"No we can manage"

Bastiens eyes seemed to search Abby's for a moment before he nodded and left. Abby had decided not to tell the others, they would find out soon enough but they needed a rest, it had been well earned.

"Abby"

Abby turned at the sound of her father's voice, she was truly grateful that he was back where he belonged, they had a lot to discuss but they never seemed to have the chance.

"How about a bit of a father/daughter mission?"

Abby thought for a moment a smile crept on her face.

"Sure if you can keep up old man."

"Old" Julius spluttered "I'll have you know I'm the...."

"Yeah we know The First Vampire" Abby rolled her eyes" Come on then let's see what you've got"

Julius strode out without looking back "Let's do it" he replied.

Abby was desperate to get her mind off her earlier altercation with Zane, she vowed to herself she would make it up to him when she got back. There was nothing like a battle to put a spring back in your step.

The guards marched ahead with Abby and Julius at the rear, as they passed Magdas caravan Abby's eyes were drawn to the door. Magda stood there, her gaze caught Abby's and for a moment Abby almost stumbled. For a fleeting moment there was such sorrow and regret in those eyes, not like Magda at all.

Abby was about to approach when Julius spoke. "Let's see who gets there first"

Before Abby could respond he was off, using his vampirism speed. Abby glanced back to see Magda no longer standing there, with a sigh she sped after her father.

They reached the village by the border within a few minutes, Julius beating her by a few seconds. Already the Demons were reacking havoc through the village, luckily this was no human village and those capable fought back.

Without another word the two raced off knowing the guards wouldn't be far behind. Abby unsheathed her sword as she ran, a Demon had a young man pinned to the ground and was about to go in for the kill when Abby jumped on its back. Abby's presence was barely registered by the Demon before she brought her sword under its black scales and straight into his heart.

Abby leapt off just as the Demon fell to the ground. The man gave her a grateful smile before running off to help protect his friends. There weren't as many Demons as Abby thought, looking around she quickly counted fifteen Demons in total, it seemed strange to her that they would send a troop so small to a village so close to the castle, they should have known they would be outnumbered.

Without another thought Abby joined her father in battle taking the attention away from the innocent villagers'. They stood back to back battling any creature that came there way. They had killed another five Demons between them by the time the guards had arrived.

Another ten minutes and the battle had been won at the cost of no lives except those of the Demons. Abby stood staring at the bodies lain around them as Julius cleaned his sword.

"Why were they here?" she asked.

Julius cocked his head. "Getting bolder, they were probably trying to see what are defenses were"

"I don't think so"

"What makes you say that?"

"I'm not sure, it just seems odd that they would send a small group of lesser Demons so close to the border, they had to know they would be slaughtered."

"Nobody knows the way His mind thinks Abby, he probably knows were here by now"

It still didn't sit right with Abby something was definitely wrong with this.

"They couldn't get through the border if they tried."

"They did before."

"Yes they did, but it would be impossible now."

"Can you handle this?" Abby asked gesturing to the slain bodies. "I'm going to head back"

Julius gave her a confused look before nodding his ascent. Abby didn't hesitate but headed straight back to the castle. Her mind drifted to Magda, had she known something?

Abby put all her strength into her run and was back within moments, immediately she knew something was wrong as the smell of blood hit her senses. Abby tried to hold back her fangs but it was no use the smell was far too sweet.

Cautiously she headed toward the castle; the first thing she noticed was the two guards outside. They lay on their backs, a pool of blood surrounded both from the gaping holes in their chests. Abby halted at the sight of the men, their hearts vacant from their bodies, there had been no struggle they hadn't even put up a fight.

Abby turned to the left and noticed Magdas caravan. Her heart began to pound as she noticed the open door, the blood trail that led up the steps. Abby approached slowly her sword raised and ready.

At the last second Abby dropped to her knees, the sword dropped from her hands. Magda lay in a pool of bright red blood, her hand clasped to her neck that had been partially torn away. Abby crawled inside and lifted Magdas head.

Her eyes were glazed over, the blood pumping from her neck. It was then Abby realized that Magda was alive, but barely, a few more seconds and she would be gone. Abby panicked and did the only thing she could think of and bit into Magda attempting to drain her of her last drop of blood. Abby didn't even know if she could be turned but she had to try.

Just as she drained the last drop that would allow the transition Abby was yanked away with such force and thrown through the wall. Struggling to rise up Abby noticed all of her friends sorrounding her with a shocked look on their faces.

A wailing sound pierced her ears and she noticed Selena and Bastien standing over Magdas body. Abby strained but could hear no heartbeat, she was too late, Magda was gone.

Abby stood, angry that Bastien had taken the chance to save Magda from her. She was ready to unleash hell until certain words stopped her.

"What did you do?"

 Abby turned to look at her friends, their eyes widening, her fangs out, eyes red and Magdas blood pouring from her chin. Abby halted; did they think she did this?

"I was trying to save her?" she whispered.

"By ripping her throat out?" Selenas shouted harshly "How could you? We trusted you, we believed in you."

Abby couldn't believe this was happening, surely they couldn't believe that she would harm any of them in any way.

"I didn't"

"We saw you Abby, drinking from her"

Abby turned to Bastien "I was trying to save her, why won't you believe me?"

"Zane told us about the vision you had Abby, why didn't you come to us? Why didn't you tell us your anger and thirst were taking over?"

Abby looked at Bastien in shock, they really did think she was capable, one bad day and she was a murderer. Abby refused to look at Zane who called her name softly.

"I'll leave" Abby stated knowing she was no longer wanted.

"I don't think so. Guards seize her and take her to the dungeons."

Somewhere in the back of her mind Abby heard Leah and Calli crying, her day had gone from bad to worse and she had lost everyone she loved.