The Truth

After Naruto left, you found yourself glancing around the infirmary room once more. As you did this, you noticed a small bedside table on the left side of the infirmary bed.

'Why didn't I notice this before?' You thought as your eyes trailed over the objects on the nightstand. There was a vase with your favorite flowers in it along with several other various flowers laying beside it. The flowers seemed fairly fresh which means they hadn't been there too long.

As you observed the flowers a small smile formed. You didn't know who had brought them but you liked to think that it was your friends and family who did. Reaching out, your fingers gently traced the stem of one of the flowers. As you did this a knock sounded on the infirmary door.

"Come in." You murmured, looking up to the door to see Kakashi.

"Hey Kakashi." You smiled a little confused that he was already here. 'Naruto couldn't have gotten to him that fast, he only left about 5 minutes ago... maybe Kakashi was already on his way here.' You concluded as the silver haired male gave you a half wave as he began walking towards you.

"I'm glad to see you're awake."

Nodding, you gave the flowers one last look as you pulled your hand away from the one that you were previously touching.

"Your friends brought those for you." Kakashi commented as he looked at the flowers.

"I was going to bring some for you but I changed my mind."

Giving Kakashi an odd look at this, you watched as he lifted up one of his arms to reveal a small rectangular box.

"I thought you might appreciate this more." He shrugged with his characteristic close eyed smile.

Now throughly intrigued, you eagerly accepted the box as he handed it to you. 'I wonder what it is?' You thought slowly opening the box to reveal all of your favorite flavors of mochi. Growing excited at this, you turned towards the silver haired male by your bedside and pulled him in for a hug.

"Aw thank you! You're the best!"

Stunned, Kakashi froze at the unexpected action as his eye widened in surprise. His eye then softened as your words sunk in.

Slowly Kakashi raised on of his arms and his hand gently rested against your back as he began to hug you back—much to your surprise

Slowly Kakashi raised on of his arms and his hand gently rested against your back as he began to hug you back—much to your surprise. The hug was short lived though as the door to the room swung open to reveal a rather exasperated looking Naruto.

Quickly stepping back from you, Kakashi awkwardly cleared his throat as he calmly looked towards his student.

"Hello Naruto."

"Huh? Kakashi-sensei? Ohhh this was where you went." Nature paused as his scratched the back of his neck with grin.

"That explains why none of my clones could find you."