The Danger of Mercy

"You know I really don't like this forest..." You sighed silently attaching a piece of wire to a bush.

"Yea might as well get use to it though. I mean we've already survived a day in this forest and we'll most likely have to stay out here for a few more days anyways...even longer if our traps don't work." Kurai commented attaching some wires to a tree branch a few feet from where you were.

"Yea yea I know." You sighed glancing towards the tree Razan was in. You could faintly make out his out line in the early morning light as he silently watched the surrounding area for any other squads.

Deciding to leave him alone you looked back to Kurai who was rummaging around in his weapons pouch.

"Looks like this will be the last trap we set for today. I don't have many trip wires left...and we already used most of my paper bombs for the other traps..."Kurai quietly murmured closing his weapons pouch.

"We could use some of my trip wires. I still have plenty left and I have about nine paper bombs left too." You offered getting ready to open up your weapons pouch.

"No it's fine. We shouldn't use up all of our supplies so early on in the exams. We have to make them last." Kurai explained placing a hand on his hip with a small grin.

"Plus I think six traps is good enough for now."

Nodding at this you glanced towards Razan who silently jumped down from his lookout. He landed beside Kurai so you made your way over to the two of them, being careful to avoid the trip wires you just helped set up.

"The coast is clear. I haven't seen or heard anyone for over an hour. Is everything ready with you guys?" Razan questioned as you came to stand beside him and Kurai.

"Yea we just finished up with the last trap." You grinned glancing towards the sky that was beginning to lighten up as the sun rose farther into the sky.

"So now what? What's our plan of action?" You added looking back to Kurai and Razan.

"Well we could wait around for someone to stumble into one of our traps or we could lead them into our traps. Personally, I'd rather lead a team into our traps instead of setting around." Razan commented glancing around at the surrounding trees.

"And I don't think it's a good idea to stay in the same place for too long. We don't know what the majority of other teams are capable of and for all we know there could be some sensory ninjas among them. So us staying in the same place would make it easy for ninja like that to find us."

You slowly nodded thinking over Razan's words as you looked back up towards the sky. What he said was the truth. None of you really knew what the other teams were capable of and there very well could be sensory ninja or really good tracking ninja out there. Moving around could also cause you to run into more teams though.

It was a hard decision to make but between all of your options you'd rather go with Razan's idea of leading a team into your traps. It was risky but to you it was better than setting around and waiting for something to happen. So with that in mind you looked back towards Razan.

"Okay, I agree with you. I think we should go with your plan."

Razan nodded at this while turning to Kurai who had been quietly thinking thus far.

"What about you? Do you agree or not?"

Kurai sighed at this, scratching his cheek in thought as he turned his gaze to the surrounding forest.

"It's not a bad plan...just risky but I think it could work...We'll just have to come up with a believe way to lead a team into our traps." Kurai quietly murmured glancing back to you and Razan.