Vexation

As you waited for the oncoming attack you felt a sudden force yank you off your feet. You gasped in shock at the feeling of being momentarily air born as you flew backwards. Your moment of flight abruptly ended though as gravity began to take action. Within moments you roughly landed back on the ground.

Inhaling sharply from the impact you lifted your eyes to the person who had pulled you out of the way. This person was Sasuke. He was a few feet in front of you in a defensive stance with a kunai knife in each hand.

His focus was trained on the enemy ninja who was being held in a headlock by Sumire-sensei.

'Oh good Sumire-sensei's okay. That must mean Kakashi-sensei's okay too then.' You thought relieved that neither of them were actually hurt.

"Are you alright Kurai and (YN)?" Sumire-sensei asked capturing your attention as she tightened her arm around the ninja's neck until he passed out.

"Yea. I'm okay. Thank you, I would have been a goner if it wasn't for you and Sasuke." You said while Kurai only nodded as he slowly stood up.

"No need to thank me. Sasuke was the one who did most of the work. If he yanked you back a moment later then...well let's just say it wouldn't have ended well for you." Sumire-sensei said as she gave a nod of approval to the dark haired male.

Sasuke simply ignored the action and turned around so that he was now facing you.

"Thank you." You softly said as you stood up in front of the dark haired male. Now standing you finally noticed the unpleasant expression on Sasuke's face. He held a barely noticeable frown accompanied with a glare as he stared down at you.

You crunched your brows in puzzlement as you continued to stare back at the dark haired male

'Did I say something wrong?' You wondered before becoming further confused as Sasuke walked past you without a word. Frowning at this you turned your attention to Kakashi-sensei who had begun talking.

"Right. Sorry we didn't get involved sooner. I didn't mean for any of you to get hurt. I was just trying to figure out what these ninja were after." Kakashi-sensei said sounding apologetic as he looked over all of you. He then proceeded to carry the two limp ninja in his arms towards a tree.

"From what I gathered it seems these ninja weren't targeting us." Kakashi-sensei said as he gestured his head towards everyone except Tazuna.

"They mainly seemed to just be targeting you, the master bridge builder." Kakashi-sensei added glancing to Tazuna who suddenly looked very uncomfortable.

"When you put in your request you asked for standard protection. You didn't say anything about there being ninja after you." Kakashi-sensei continued on as he sat the enemy ninja down by a tree.

"If we would of know that there were ninja after you, this mission would have been ranked as a B-mission or higher so as to provide more qualified individuals to protect you." Sumire-sensei piped up as she brought the third enemy ninja over to the tree. She then began to tie all of the ninjas to the tree while Kakashi-sensei stood back up.