misunderstandings | wilbur

wilbur x reader | she/her
request - none
short summary - in a fit of rage, sadness, and misunderstanding, wilbur left y/n unexpectedly without a trace. then he sees her at vidcon for the first time in 4 months and realizes not only does he miss her, he needs her.
hi also special credit/shoutout to aepstefana for helping me a lot with this chapter <3 she's amazing go follow her on ig too, i love her a lot :)
-
y/n pov.
i watched his streams when i could. and his youtube videos. just to remind myself hes okay and well, even if hes okay and well without me. i thought he would come back. i guess i was wrong. i part of me still thinks he will come back. but most of me has accepted that he is gone. he doesn't need me anymore. that he's moved on.

the first time he raised his voice was understandable. it wasn't at me or for a stupid reason. he was upset and i comforted him. i never thought it would be me he was mad at.

then the second time he did yell at me. but it was only for leaving my stuff everywhere. he normally wouldnt yell at me for something like that but i get it. hes been having some stressful times lately. and he even apologized the next day for yelling.

then the third threw me off. he came home from the office and i asked him how he was, and everything but he just yelled at me to shut up and went to our room. i decided not to push it any further and leave it alone. this time he didnt apologize. and i didnt even do anything this time.

the forth time was worse. i had gone on his streams occasionally in the past and everyone was asking if we were okay since i hadnt been on a stream in a while. he told chat to stop asking, it seemed like he was implying there was a problem. i shouldnt of pressed him about it. i should of left it alone. but my anxiety ridden self was worried there was a problem. so when his stream ended and he got home i asked him about it. he pushed it off, not answering anything i was asking him. i got nervous. was there a problem? did he not love me? he got angry, after i asked again, he yelled. at me. it was sudden and i was confused. why was he so angry? i tried my best not to cry. and i didn't yell back. he stormed off to our shared bedroom so i slept on the couch.

the next morning i woke up. he was gone. i called him multiple times. left him a million texts. i was hurt and confused. i had no clue where he could of gone. and he took the spare key to the office. but he hadnt taken everything. i checked his closet. he left some of his old clothes. and i noticed he left my favorite sweatshirt of his. i ended up calling his good friend phil, hoping he'd give me something.

(phil)
hey y/n whats up!

phil- have you heard anything from wilbur in the past 12 hours?

(phil)
uhh no, why is there a problem?

yes- well he... is gone. and he isnt answering my calls. i mean we got in a fight last night but he took some stuff and left. you dont have to disclose anything he doesnt want me to know just please let me know hes okay.

(phil)
please y/n, dont let him know i told you anything. but just know he is okay. well like physically, not too sure hes mentally okay at the moment.

oh.. okay. thanks phil and if you talk to him ever. just tell him i still love him.

(phil)
of course.

bye phil.

(phil)
bye y/n.

back to now, i still havent heard anything from him. i assume we're broken up. and everyone else did too. i'm just so lost without him.

wilburs pov

i shouldnt of left. i miss her so much. the only thing i had heard from her was when phil called me the day of me leaving.