Chapter 25: The Truth

Jeon Jungkook's POV

The eight of us are now on our way to the bar. The sun has already set, so it was nighttime now, the perfect time to be at a bar. I heard that this 'Prisma' bar is famous for making cocktails. I haven't drunk one since I mostly drink beer or soju but I would like to welcome a different beverage.

I was wearing casual clothes with some slacks on. I looked over at Hyejin, who was wearing a crop top but I had to give her my blazer because I knew it's going to be cold and also because I don't want other people looking at her.

We were both walking hand in hand. She was looking at the front, thinking about something really deep. I even had to warn her of people that was almost going to hit her since she looked like she was pretty occupied.

I wonder what's going on in her head. I can't ask her because I knew she's just going to shook her head and ignore my questions about what she was thinking. This was the only problem in our relationship, she had too many secrets.

Sometimes, I just wish she's wasn't this secrecy. Hyejin's very mysterious and it's driving me crazy but I will do anything just for her. It's because I love her.

"Watch out," I muttered to her again when some foreigner almost collided with her again. Hyejin looked very surprised and quickly move out of the American's way and then sighed.

"Sorry, I'm okay," she said, knowing that I would ask if she was okay again. I just nodded and she seems to smile, relieved that I wouldn't push her from her zone.

We all arrived at the bar. It was a nice bar, I liked the interior and people were filling the place up. Some were locals, most are foreigners from different countries. This seems to be a famous bar.

We went to the bar itself and got some drinks. I settled in with a casual margarita and Hyejin got a cosmopolitan. The music was pumping in the vicinity, people dancing. Even the people in the pool were dancing.

"This is the best bar I have ever been in!" I heard Hyejin shouted because of the loud music. I laughed at her enthusiasm and she started speaking with the others as well.

It's nice to see that she's starting to open up more to us. When she first got here, she was this little mystery that we can't risk letting go of. But seeing that this mystery is nothing to be worried about—at least that's what the others think, I still think she's hiding something.

I still remember that conversation I had with Yoongi Hyung. Despite my little hate towards him, I was able to speak with him about Hyejin.

"Hyung, can I talk with you for a moment?" Yoongi's head rose to meet my eyes. He was reading a book but he put the bookmark in and closed it, waiting for me to speak my matter.

I sat down on the single couch in front of him. Thankfully, Hyejin went out this day. "This is a matter about Hyejin."

His eyebrow arched in confusion. "What about her?" It was still clear that he was not a fan of her at this moment.

"I think she's hiding something—something dangerous for the seven of us," I said, trying not to stutter because I was not used to talking about Hyejin like this. He leaned on the couch, seems to be rather interested in what I was chattering about. He let me speak again.

"Don't you think she's a bit suspicious? She's too fidgety to us, especially to me." I looked down to my closed fists on both of my knees. I tried to calm myself down.

"Well, everyone does—except for Taehyung who just sees her as a friend. I do think, myself, that she's hiding something fishy, that's why I don't like her that much." Yoongi hyung was not stupid. He doesn't become friends with people right away, he has to know them first to even consider them as a friend, he was afraid to get betrayed again.

"Do you remember the Phoenix masked girl when we came back to get our stuff? D-don't you think that's her?" Yoongi tilted his head to the other side.

"No, I never thought of that, do you think it's her?" I shrugged, helpless. I thanked him for the short chat and stood up to get to the door that someone was knocking.

That was Hyejin's birthday. When I saw her crying, I instantly forgot about that conversation but thinking about suspicious behaviour made me remember it.

"Hey, you okay? You're spacing out," Hyejin says, waving a hand in front of my face. I smiled and told her I was okay, but my smile was forced. She seems to notice this because the corner of her lip twitches down.

"You want some fresh air? Let's walk around the beach, the others will stay here for a while." I nodded and put my empty glass on the bar counter and walked outside with her. The others already knew because Hyejin told them.

We were holding hands as we walked on the white sand. I stayed quiet, not knowing what to talk about this time.

Should I just tell her? But what if it goes wrong? What if she is what I have been thinking about? Will she point a gun at me again?

"W-why?" My voice seemed lifeless but I still managed to stutter. I stopped walking to a rather less populated area. She looked at me confused.

I let go of my hold of her hand, hurting me a little bit. It hurts to be out of her touch. With my little courage left, I looked at her straight in the eyes, furrowing my brows.

"Why didn't you kill me?" She widened her eyes, her hands shaking. I can hear her shackling breaths.

I remained to look at her, even if it bothers me. She looked down and sighed.

"You knew?" She was not shaking anymore, it was more like—she was displeased that I have finally found out.

"Why didn't you killed me when you had chances to?" I pushed again. I saw her twitch from my tone.

A tear escaped from her eyes but her face was stoic. A blank expression was enough to make me crazy. I just wanted to hug her but my mind was telling me not to.

"I can't kill you knowing that I have to lose someone I love again," she said, her voice shaking but she managed.

I stiffened. Dismayed that she had ideas of killing me, but happy as well that she loves me too.

"I had to kill you, you killed the only person left that cares for me. But when I finally met you, I just couldn't. I fell in love with you because I was stupid," she cried.

I was confused, who did I kill? As far as I have known, I hadn't killed anyone because I was trying to focus on my school.

"Who? Who did I kill?"

"My sister! Kim Aera, Wonho told me you killed her!" She screamed at me, pushing me away when I tried to get closer to her.

Wonho? So she is one of them. Did she betray them? Or did she betrayed us?

"Please, just go away. I can't face you now that you know. Know that I won't kill you anymore because I can't. Just stay away from me."

"You know I can't," I whispered. I knew she heard that because her face said so. I couldn't handle the pain she was feeling right now.

"Then try to," she said and looked down. She grabbed my hand, she was still shaking. I felt her put something inside my palm, so I looked at it.

It was the ring. I looked up at her in surprise. "You promised me you won't take it off!"

She didn't say anything and grabbed something from her back. I heard a gun cocking and before I could even react she was pointing a pistol at me.

How did she even manage to get away from security from the airport?

What's worse, it was my gun. I was shocked, I couldn't move from my position, if I dared to move, she might pull the trigger and kill me.

She did take my gun...

But she lowered it and sighed. Flipping it, so that the handle was now facing me. When I didn't move to grab it, she took my other hand and made me hold it.

"It's for your own good," she said and kissed me one last time. She walked past me, leaving me shocked and confused.

That was her last words she ever spoke to me that day.