Chapter 14: Noticed

Kim Hyejin's POV

It has been officially two weeks since I started living with BTS, and two weeks since I have last talked with Jungkook. He ignores me at home and even at school. I bet my favourite gun that all of his fangirls are happy that he's ignoring me.

It hurts, it does but I just don't understand why it hurts. I tried to ignore the feeling but it just doesn't make sense, I can't understand my feelings.

With this on my mind, I can't seem to focus on my mission. There's this time when I accidentally applied powdered pepper instead of the poison I was supposed to use for Jungkook's meal, he ended up sneezing and didn't even manage to eat a piece from it.

We've been very distant, I'm not used to it but I'm trying to. I'm just so used to him being so... so goofy towards me. Like he has been the friend I never had other than 99.

I only talked to the other six except him. I even had talked with Yoongi even if he hates me. And when you thought it couldn't get any worse, he doesn't even want to look at me. I feel so bummed out about this.

Why did we have to be enemies? Why did he have to be included in a mafia where my partner absolutely loathes? Those questions always fill my head and distract me from whatever I do.

I sighed as I started thinking about those things again. I sighed again as I realized I have been reading the same paragraph of my text book for the fifth time. My gaze automatically looked in front of me where Jungkook is. He's very focused, very focused on ignoring me.

About me living with them, only Jieun knows about it. No one else from my group, even Wonho knows nothing about it because he doesn't have the time to visit me once in a while, only Jieun.

She told me it was very risky but if it was a part of my plan, then I should continue it. I also told her about him 'finding' out I was going to assassinate him, I wasn't literally sure but I was sure his eyes looked up at that night.

The bell rang, waking me up from my pondering. I stood up quickly and grabbed my things, so I can leave this classroom rather quickly. Jungkook, of course, didn't care about that and neither did I.

I don't want him to think that I'm very affected because of his little ignorance. I can ignore him too if I want.

I put my things in my locker and waited for Jieun by my classroom door. When she arrived, she greeted me with a wide smile. She clapped like she was excited about something.

"Do you know what date is tomorrow?" She giggled in exhilaration. My face was painted with confusion as I looked at her and shrugged.

Jieun gasped and looked at me with evident exasperation. "I can't believe you would forget about the day you were born," she muttered lowly because she knows that I hate people knowing my birthday.

My confused expression was changed to irritation. I really hate talking about my birthday, it's when my mom introduced me to the world and left me when I turned 17. And I'm turning 18, she couldn't wait for another year?

"I would like it to stay that way, me forgetting about it. I hate celebrating it," I spat with toxicity. Jieun's irritated face didn't change when I said that. We started walking to the cafeteria.

"Everyone love birthday parties!" She exclaimed.

"And I don't," I disagreed. We sat at a table after buying food for the both of us. Jieun was still disappointed at my stubbornness, but I didn't care, I still hate birthdays because I have no one I love to celebrate them with.

I then suddenly heard Jieun sighed. "Okay fine, I won't annoy you with your birthday again." She touched my hand and looked at me sincerely and smiled. "It's your life, you live it with how you want."

I smiled at her but she was still frowning. It looks like she really wants to celebrate my birthday. If I ever accept it, it will the first birthday I will celebrate with someone else. But I don't want to, I don't want it to happen again. People I used to cherish leaving me.

School ended shortly because teachers had an all-faculty meeting. I was walking home with myself until someone hanged their arm on my shoulders. In my instinct, I grabbed the person's arm and put it on their back with force, this is going to be painful for them.

"H-hey! Hyejin, it's me, Jimin!" Jimin's familiar voice made me loosen my grip on his arm. He stood up rubbing his shoulder, laughing. "Damn, you sure have a grip for a girl like you."

"Well, she's not who you expected," Jungkook said in a cold manner and looked at me. I felt butterflies in my stomach. This is the first time he looked at me within the two weeks he's been ignoring me. Even though it's not like before, I didn't care.

He finally noticed me.

I didn't look away from him, but he did. He started walking again and Jimin, Taehyung, and I followed.

"Why is he like that to you?" Taehyung whispered to my ear. I sighed and shrugged and looked at him with a sad expression.

I looked back at the ground while walking. I have been wondering. Why is Jungkook not saying anything about what he saw? I mean, because of that, he should have said about it with his members. Was he pitying me because if he tells them, they would kick me out or even worse-kill me?

I mean, why would he care now that he hates my guts for my attempt to kill him? Why did he have to kill my sister? If he didn't then this would never happen. I would never have met him and I would never have this feeling.