Chapter 27: Code Black

Kim Hyejin's POV

Ahh. Summer school, I hate them. But today, I will thank it because it will make me focus on it other than me mourning for the death of my quick relationship with him. But nothing still beats my hatred for school work, I just hate doing this. You have normal school, then you have summer school?

I glared at nothing while twirling a pencil on my fingers, letting it dance around my fingers. We just returned from the Philippines yesterday, I can still feel the jet lag. The pain in my neck, my back, and my bloody legs.

Sluggishly, I looked at the black-haired man in front of me. His hair turning brown when it makes contact with the blazing sunshine from the windows. I sighed knowing that I still haven't moved on. Boy, I'm glad that his back is facing me, he won't realize that I was staring at him.

He doesn't try to talk to me anymore, it looks like he finally realizes that I don't want to talk to him yet. Even though I didn't want to, I still crave for him. I missed him even though a day has only passed.

I shooked my head to make me wake up from imagination to reality. I should really stop thinking about him if he's the reason why I'm hurting.

Glancing at my teacher, I raised my hand. She noticed me and asked me why. "May I go to the loo?" I asked and she just nodded, continuing her lesson. I stood up and started walking. Making sure I didn't make contact with Jungkook.

I sighed in relief after getting out of the classroom. Man, being in the same room as him is getting intoxicating. Maybe I did needed a break from him. I walked around, cutting classes and found myself at the gym. I walked to the closet room and sat down in a corner.

Grabbing both my phone and my earphones, I put the buds in my ears and connected them to my phone. I closed my eyes as the tune started to enter my ears. I didn't realize that I have fallen asleep.

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Six minutes...

It has been six minutes since Hyejin left the room. The teacher doesn't seem to realize because she was preoccupied with teaching us the lesson. My feet tapped on the ground impatiently.

What the hell is taking Hyejin too long?

Maybe she's just taking a dump? Why am I so worried about her for? Didn't she just admit that she was my enemy a day ago? But why do I feel like she is not really my enemy?

I yawned for the second time. This is really boring, everyone is so quiet. Damn, I hate summer school more than regular school, to be honest.

I haven't told anyone about Hyejin. It's because I knew that they would do something to Hyejin if I ever told them about it. I can't really risk her being hurt by my own friends. I put both of my hands on my face in frustration.

Distracted by the buzzing on my pocket, I took my phone from my pocket and secretly opened it. It was a message from Jimin. We had different classrooms because he was two years older than me.

Jimin: Our lessons are boring, how about yours?

Me: Just the same. Want to skip?

Jimin: I can't think of an excuse.

Me: It looks like Hyejin is already skipping, it's been ten minutes since she left the classroom to go to the restroom.

Jimin: She's lucky, let's just do the same thing.

Me: What do you mean?

Jimin: You go tell your teacher that you're going to the loo, I will do the same.

Me: How about V Hyung?

Jimin: Nah, he's already sleeping.

Me: He's fucking brave!

Jimin: He was lucky, the fucking teacher is blind xD.

Me: Lol, let's do it now.

Jimin: G.

I turned my phone off and raised my hand for the teacher to notice. When she noticed me raising my hand, I asked her to go to the restroom, luckily, she accepted it. Why are teachers so dumb today?

I walked to the restroom to meet Jimin there. When I saw him walking towards me, I chuckled while giving him a high five.

"Can't believe that happened," he said, laughing his ass off. I agreed with him.

"C'mon, let's find Hyejin and skip together."

"By the way," he started when we were already walking to find her. I didn't speak to let him continue. "What happened between you two? Taehyung told me when Hyejin changed rooms with her. Did you two fought or something?"

I froze, I didn't know what to say. But I just said, "yeah, something like that." He seems to understand, so he didn't say anything else.

The speaker suddenly started, making the both of us stop walking to hear the announcement. "May I have your attention, please? CODE BLACK. This is not a
drill, the school is now under CODE BLACK. Please lock all doors, keep students inside the classrooms, quiet and out of sight with your lights turned off until CODE GREEN is announced. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

Then the announcer repeated the whole sentence, the lights suddenly turned off. Jimin and I walked inside a maintenance room. My hands suddenly felt cold, Hyejin is still out there.

"Jungkook? Do you still remember what code black means?" Jimin whispered while sitting down on the ground.

I looked at him worriedly because Hyejin was still out there. "It means that there is an intruder here," I said, my voice terrified. Not for my life but for Kim Hyejin.

Where are you?!

Kim Seokjin's POV

I laughed at Yoongi who had an annoyed face. We told him that he was changing because of Hyejin. Well, he is changing because of her. He became more open, he was not that cold anymore.

My phone suddenly ringed, so I picked it up. It was Jungkook, isn't he supposed to be at school? Why is he calling me?

"Hel—"

"Hyung! I need you here desperately, there is a code black here in school. An intruder got in and Hyejin is out there somewhere because she was skipping. Please, Hyung, find her for me!" I was cut off by his worried tone.

My happy expression turned worried. "W-what?! Okay, the four of us are coming there right now!" The three were confused at how I said that sentence. Jungkook hang-up, not after saying the words. "Please find her."

I told the others of Hyejin's condition and as well as Jungkook's. They all were surprised and worried about hearing it.

"Then let's go!" Yoongi said, grabbing a pistol from a drawer and walking out of the house. I took a deep breath in, trying to calm myself down.

Hang in there, we're coming.

Kim Hyejin's POV

I woke up to the dark gym. What the hell? Did they turn the lights off or something?

Standing up from my recent position, I turned the music off my phone. I opened the door quietly and looked at the hallway. It was dark as hell! Thank god, it was still morning, that was the only light source.

What did the hell happen? Did they announce something? I didn't hear it because I was sleeping. I walked around cautiously, hoping there weren't any surprises.

But I spoke too soon.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the infamous Phoenix."