Chapter 28: Saved

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I bit my nails, worried about where Hyejin is. I just couldn't get out there, I don't have a weapon to arm myself. So does Jimin, we're both not armed with anything.

The only thing I could do is beg God that Hyejin is still safe. Jimin was staring at nothing, Hyejin was like his own sister, so he absolutely cares for her but knowing that he can't do anything, he freezes.

"Hyejin will be alright," I said to him. He looked up surprised but he laughed humourlessly for a bit.

"I should be comforting you, not the other way around." I chuckled with no humour too. My phone suddenly rang, so I answered it before the intruder could hear my ringtone.

"Hey, it's Hoseok, we're almost there." I let out a sigh of relief but I got serious again.

"Hurry!"

Kim Hyejin's POV

I looked at the two masked people. The masks were familiar because they were the mask Jieun and I made together for the members of our group. What the hell is Wonho thinking?!

"What are you doing here?" I said firmly, the didn't flinch from my voice. They used to, they don't care anymore?

"You don't scare us anymore, you traitor!" The girl shouted and pointed a gun at me. I widened my eyes and put both my hands in front of me like it was going to stop a bullet or something. "We were sent to kill you and Jeon Jungkook."

I glared at them, though the other girl was quiet but she was also pointing a gun at me. "You can't kill me, you're not Hawk!"

The girl scoffed and walked closer, the other one looked at her. What is she doing? Is she new to our group? "Hawk sent us to kill you because he doesn't have time for a traitor like you!"

"You think that provoke me? Hell I care, he doesn't always have time for me," I said, wincing at my own words. Instead of feeling bad, the girl laughed like a maniac.

"Because you were not enough! Maybe that's why he liked your sister more than you, it sucks that-" a loud bang from a gun stopped her speaking. Suddenly, she was on the floor, lying in her own pool of blood.

I watched in surprise as I looked at the other girl who hid her gun away. She looked at me and put her mask on her head. It was Jieun! She was using someone else's mask.

"J-Jieun?!" She quickly pulled me away from the scene and we both hid in a maintenance room.

"Hyejin?!" Since Jieun was shaken from what happened earlier, she quickly draws her gun at the speaker, her mask falling back to her face from her sharp movement.

Jungkook and Jimin were very startled looking at the both of us. Jimin pointed at Jieun who was pointing the gun at them. "W-who the hell are you?!" He screamed.

I sighed and quickly stopped Jieun. Jimin was confused but Jungkook was somewhat relieved. Before I could even react, he quickly pulled me into a hug.

"I thought something has happened to you, thank god, you're safe." I blushed a bit, so I hid my face with both of my hands.

"Thank god, she's gone," I heard Jieun mutter. I pulled away from Jungkook's grip and face her. She looked at me while taking her mask off. "It was true, Hawk did send her to kill you. I decided to come along but I used a different mask, I knew you would go mental if I used my own."

I chuckled but Jimin was taking this seriously. "H-hold on a minute! Gidalyeo! Jungkook isn't Hawk the leader of that group we have been targeting?!" He said like he was going crazy from all of the confusion.

Jieun sighed and looked at me. "I have to tell you the real truth, they are not the enemy." She pointed at Jungkook and Jimin.

I furrowed my brows but before I could even say anything the speaker suddenly made a noise.

"May I have your attention, please? CODE GREEN. Return to the regular schedule. GODE GREEN. Thank you students and staff for your cooperation." Jieun sighed again and looked at me.

"I'll come to your house-or rather, their house. I will tell you everything," she said and quickly fled away from the room. My brows furrowed even more, but before I could overthink, I felt Jungkook nudge me.

I looked up at him, he was smiling. His smile always melted my heart. "Do you want to get away from this place?" His voice was gentle. I nodded and stood up. Jimin was still confused about what the fuck is happening right now.

The three of us quietly walked out of the school and two cars were waiting for us. Yoongi walked out of the car and looked at us. A relieved expression on his face.

"Get in before you get caught," he said and walked back into the car. We all got in. I inhaled a great amount of air, happy that I was saved but I was still thinking of what Jieun said.

The real truth? They were not the enemy? What the hell is she talking about? Is it regarding about Wonho?

Jungkook held my head and pushed it to his shoulder gently. I didn't squirm from his hold, I was glad that he's not ignoring me anymore-well, I was the one actually ignoring him.

When we got home, I saw 99 sitting on the front porch with her anonymous mask on. The others quickly recognized the mask and Namjoon pointed an M16 gun at her. I quickly stood between them, stopping Namjoon to fire a single bullet.

99 put her mask off and walked to us. She smiled awkwardly at men who were looking at her in surprise. "Thank you for stopping them," Jieun said, relieved. I rolled my eyes while smirking at her.

"What the hell is happening right now?" Yoongi said.

"Hey, guys. We were dismissed earl-" Taehyung stopped when he saw what was happening. "What the hell?"