Chapter 2: The Grand Tour

One was puffing soon after Five treating her like a child. She scoffed and asked if Five was ever going to show them around the place. Five had stopped laughing and grinned as she assumed a comfortable position at the table with her tea and plate of treats. She waved her hand in a beckoning motion with a book floating in from the other room along with some reading glasses.

"Well, I'd love to show you guys around our home, but I think for your first adventure it could be here. Besides, I was hoping you'd explore yourself, while I finish my tea and book."

Three lighted up with glee as she loudly acclaimed, "I call the biggest room!"

Three ran around to the one family/living room and looked about hurried to see a set of spiral stairs in the middle of a trunk going up and down. She dashed upwards with Four hot on her trail yelling in profanities about slowing down and waiting up.

One and Two looked at them chuckling at their childish behavior as Five turned to her book and began to read. One and Two looked at her and calmly walked to the living room and looked at the stairs and thought where to go first. As One determined where to go first, Two examined the room to see it had a couple of sofas, a few bookshelves, and a nice wide window behind the main sofa as a coffee table sat in front of it. There were laps, plants, and small tables here and there where it was needed.

One looked at Two, groaned and then said snootily, "Well, I don't know about you Two, but I'm going to go down first."

One grabbed a hold of the railing as the stairs shook just the slightest bit from the landing. It shakes a bit more as Three and Four came rushing down it. They crashed onto the landing. One shrieked and the others laughed at her face. She growled in anger and shot out a quick zap to their butts. They did what she did just moments ago from the shock. One continued her decent with the three following behind.

At the bottom Four said, "I can't see shit down here."

Two replied with, "Is there a light switch or something down here?"

One groaned and said, "You guys are so lame. Don't you know who I am?"

One opened her palm in the darkness and a small blue ball of electricity appeared and lit up the basement area. She let it lift into the room and hit the ceiling of the room. It spread across the ceiling once it hit it lighting up the lights down there showing that the switches were to the right of the stairs about a foot away from them. The group scattered throughout the room to better inspect it.

The room had an orange theme to it mixing in rustic colors. There were cobwebs though in the corners, which made Two flinch away because he had a deathly fear of spiders. To the left of the stairs was a dresser and matching closet, next to them though was a door that led into a cellar or storage room of sorts. The shelves in the small room were lined with herbs, foods, and drinks. In the middle there was low standing, round table with four chairs to match it. Outside of it there was an L-shaped book case and small deepened pool for bathes. The loft bed was neatly made and covered in a light layer of dust, so was the desk underneath it that was attached to the bottom with a chair to go with.

One stared at it in boredom with a zoned out face before quickly saying, "I'm out of here, see you all later."

Three and Four said in unison, "Me, too!"

Two held out his hand in hope of stopping them as he said, "But wait, whose room is ... dammit." He huffed.

Four and the others came up the stairs and hear Five laughing from the dining room.

Five said from the other room as the three looked in, "I see Two got the basement. I hope he doesn't mind the wolf spiders down there."

A girlish scream from Two erupts from the basement and a clatter as he ran up the stairs at break neck speed. They all laughed as Two caught his breath. Later, Four and Three turned and climbed up the staircase leading to the second floor. One brushed off some spider webs that had been on her and decided to be oh so nice to wipe them off on Two's head before quickly going up the ladder.