Prologue & Chapter 1: The Beginning of an Amazing ... Team?

So before I let you, the reader, continue with this story. I just want you to know that this is the first time I'm letting this story be read by anyone other than my friends, who have helped me make this story. Please enjoy and tell me your thoughts so far. :3

Prologue

It is the year 3000 and the world is making extreme progress in life as new found power is discovered in all people. The ability to bend and control elements! Life, fire, magma, ice and more have been given as gifts to the people of Caldor by the Mother Goddess herself. But there was a terrible catch; the world, which was once peaceful and not scourged by chaos, was thrust into a terrible war between all of the territories ending in the ultimate demise of the once serene land.

In the end one territory conquered all of the others. Eldorn. This territory became the ruling state of all, however, the war thrust the people back hundreds of years. People no longer lived without worry of starvation and famine. Poverty struck everywhere and children were left with no one to care for them. Advancements in technology and medicine we're lost, despite that people slowly began to rebuild and used their new abilities to create a new world. From this new world Caldoran guilds were founded for assassins, ninjas, rouges, shape shifters and mages. Life continued forth as the world rebuilt itself.

Years passed and some of the lost technology was regained but a majority still felt the wounds of the War of Default. The first king and queen of the new united Caldor have been killed by another and imperiled the world causing chaos to once again consume the nation. Control was later regained again and resumed peace, but the evil found a way back into the people and grows, but there are five who won't stand for it. Who are these rescuers?

Chapter 1: The Beginning of an Amazing ... Team?

"Well this is it..." The voice echoed to itself.

The open area where the assassin stood showed a tall old oak tree with steps that led up a slope to a wooden door with a small barred window in it. The tree had windows showing to the outside here and there. Next to the tree house was a rock outcropping with a water wheel spinning by the creak that flowed steadily. The assassin already knew that there was a comfortable sized garden by the creak around the tree. It was quaint by not to her liking. The only obvious reason for her coming was because she could not pass up the opportunity to bring in a big score for such a small pest that the townspeople were worrying about. She pulled out the crumpled wanted poster she took from the board in the guild she had left earlier from. It showed a picture of a teenage girl with white hair and a red streak down her left side that covered her eye. The girl, who was a mage by the description, was wanted dead or alive, but for 50 million golas that was worth it. The young mage wore what looked like a worn and old cape and it signified to the assassin; she was most likely poor and inexperienced in magic meaning she could do little harm to her.

She spoke venomously, "Tsk, this place looks like a heathen's garbage. It could be updated even then that may not help."

She looked around once more and saw from her hiding place from under the trees' shadows a tall teenage boy stand out in the open busy looking at a piece of paper. The assassin thought to herself that it would be best to kill him so he would not impede her mission. He had sea foam hair indicating that he was from some water dependent town that implicated that he probably could use water bending.

The assassin crept through the brush making sure to stay in the shadows so as to make an escape to keep the other from noticing. She was a shadow bender making it easier to slip on behind the unknown man. Once she was behind him, she jumped from her hiding place taking out her daggers that she electrified to fight, but the man dodged. He came after her after dodging and they started to tumble. When the man pinned down the girl with a knife made of ice to her neck, did they notice what one another looked like.