Chapter 12: Reaping the Rewards

Two gave a fake laugh as he tossed Four over his shoulder and carried her to the edge of the woods along with the rest of the group. They could clearly see the gate to the town just less than a mile off.

One stretched and left her hands cupping the back of her head and asked Five casually, "Oh, by the way Five, what are you going to do about Lady Penelope? Hm~?" She snickered.

Without turning to look at One, Five punched her in the arm and whispered a small spell as she thrust her hands opened palm on the others causing them to float. Five jumped onto the little cloud that formed under them. It was a quaint looking thing, but it would conceal them because of the little amount of clouds that were passing over the sleepy headed town of Causpan. A silver mark of spinning arrows appeared under them. Five stood at the helm of the cloud as it began to move. Her face was unmoving and serious. They began to float over the wall and back to the inn through the window.

One had been rubbing her arm from the punch and finally let out her thoughts when they were in the inn. "Ow! What the heck was that for?"

Five stared at her unbelievingly. "Because A) you were hinting at me being lesbian and B) I wanted to hit you a bit." Five laughed to herself. Claw slowly but surely began to manifest himself in the room on the bed. Five walked over the bed and sat beside his slowly forming body.

One muttered, "Lesbianist here."

Five shook her head and smiled. "Whatever you say One, I'm not the one who's bisexual."

One got the obvious jab and coughed out, "Two."

Two said, "What?" He was thinking though, 'Don't make me destroy your computer, would be a shame if it got wet.' He was still carrying Four before setting her on the other bed. Three walked to Five and sat beside her and watched over Claw.

"Nothing Two," Five said in her motherly tone of voice, "go to your rooms and get some rest. One come with me we are going to the capital."

One replied sarcastically, "Oh joy! I just want to lay here and eat my candy!"

Five glared at her as Two, One and her got up and left the room. Three stayed behind to watch over Claw and Four to make sure they were alright. Two was already in his room catching up on sleep.

One said back quickly however, "Nothing! Let's just go!"

"Good." Five smiled.

One rolled her eyes and muttered, "Slave driver," as they walked back to their room.

Five shook her head. "Let's get going as soon as we're done getting dressed. We should have reported back to them an hour ago. Lady Penelope will be seeing us for tea then. The Lord is too busy to see us this early in the morning."

"Tea! There's cake at tea right?!" One was bouncing off the wall happily at the thought of finally getting her daily amount of sugar. "Oh, and I bet the Lord is busy, just like the Lady was busy with you." One raised her eyebrow suggestively.

"No cake for you then!" Five said back.

"No! You monster!"

"No you dumbo, there is no cake served at tea. You dolt!" Five said back rubbing her temples as she moved to get clothes from the dresser.

Five and One squabbled back and forth about their being sweets served during their meeting with the Lady of Causpan. According to how they looked, One dressed sparingly in her regular boots with her satchel strapped to her waist and left leg. A nice pair of blue pants with the right leg covered in black checkers was what she donned with a nice belt. She wore a white cami under a gray blouse with a nice bow around the neck and long sleeves to hide her tattoos.