Chapter 186 - Barbarian King (3)

Barbarian King (3)

8.

[The 31st Barbarian Raid attempt has failed!]

[Barbarian King Event.  Will things turn out fine?]

[The 31st Barbarian King Raid team gave a team briefing.  ‘We know the clear method.  However, we couldn’t execute it.’]

When the Barbarian King appeared for the first time, the Users had welcomed it.  They thought the existence of the Barbarian King would bring life into Warlord, which had started to become a bit boring.  This view was shared by many.

Sixteen of the 30 great guilds had pulled out from the Barbarian King Event, and the Users had welcomed the news.

Recently, there had been historic events that had unfolded in Warlord.  This included the Frozen Kingdom episode, Blaze Slime Dragon Raid and the Anugas Raid.  However, most normal Users hadn’t been able to enjoy these contents.  They were playing the same game, yet it felt as if they were a world apart.

This was why the normal Users hadn’t been worried when the 30 great guilds announced their non-participation.  They didn’t question the actions of the 30 great guilds.

“Finally, we get to enjoy something.”

“This is a completely different scenario from the Immoral Prince raid.  There are no restrictions.  Everyone can participate in it!”

“This is different from the great battle.  All Users can fight.  This will be easy.  The ones to benefit will be the people, who kill it first!”

This was why everyone thought it was their chance to shine.  They wanted to become the protagonists of this enormous event

“If I catch the Barbarian King, I’ll become the second coming of the Hahoe Mask!”

“I’ll guarantee it.  The killing of the Barbarian King would bring in more money than winning a lottery ticket.”

The Hahoe Mask had gained money and fame through playing Warlord. 

This was a chance for someone to become the next Hahoe Mask.

This was what people thought, and they started acting accordingly.

Then they realized something.

They realized how foolish they had been.  The Barbarian King ruthlessly crushed the expectations and hopes of the Users.

- Isn’t the difficulty for the Barbarian King Raid too high?

- The average level of the monsters nearby are over Level 220….   They number in the thousands.  If we grade this as if it was a hunting ground, this might be considered to be a level 270 hunting ground.

The Barbarian King was powerful.  It had several thousand monsters under its command, and they had an average level of 220.

- How about the method used during the great battle?  What about the Eat the Tail method?

- ㄴ It doesn’t work.

The underlings of the Barbarian King was different from the Corrupted monsters from the great battle.  They were smarter.  They also possessed their original battle instincts, yet they were able to move in perfect order as a group.

- No, the problem isn’t really about killing the miscellaneous monsters.  We can take care of them through large scale magical bombardment.  However, the problem is the Barbarian King!