A call

Jackson

St.anne's church

i was lighting candles at the altar when Hayley finds me "We put Vincent in the back of Josh's car."
"Is Aiden alright?"
"Mmm, some ice and bourbon and he'll be fine."She pauses "How did you know where to find us?"
"I spent a lot of time tracking you when I was a wolf." I smile at her "Call it animal instinct."
I was about to leave when Hayley stops him "Jack...".
we hesitate for a moment before i finally speaks "Oh, Olive used to give me so much hell for waiting on you. Girls came and went... I always knew you'd come. See, our parents had been so sure that you and I could change things for the better."
"Jack, the girl that you were waiting on was Andréa Labonair, the myth this revolutionary. You got Hayley Marshall, a knocked-up tomboy with a bad attitude. You got dealt a crappy hand."

She laughs

"Yeah, you're right. You're not the girl I waited for." He walks toward her so they're nearly nose-to-nose "You're better." i smiles at her, unsure of what to do before i takes off for the Bayou

My phone rang. I move a little back and pull out. it was Zoya. A bizzare timing darling. I press the button "hi ZoO..."
someone cuts me "hello "
"who are you?" Hayley look at me at my seriousness out of playful mood.
"i am speaking from the hospital .sir do you know this lady ? a tourist ." it got my attention and so was Hayley
"i know her. what happened?" don't tell me she is dead .
"Sir, it would be better if you are here she got admitted here injured "
"i will be there"

i looked at Hayley not ready to face another death "who is she referring ?"
"Zoya.I have to leave" Ansel should know
Hayley added "Let me and Josh drop you there"
I nodded "okay"

we were riding silently. with me in back seat and josh and Hayley in front "Jack relax .zoya is going to be fine" i heard that Vincent mumbling something. irriating to a edge
Josh asked "who? is she also from our side,"
Hayley answer as my eyes were glued to road "a friend to Jackson" I was getting flashbacks of last night Olli in my arms

we stopped at the hospital I was moving ahead when Hayley interrupt "Jack took Josh with you"
"i am fine"
"no, you are not fine "and turn to Josh "Josh "he nodded at her.
"see you around" I nodded at her

and i head to the reception while josh tailing behind "i got a call for a girl. her name is Zoya"
She typed on her system "she is on room no.105B "

we took the elevator and 105A and then...there were a man in her 60s was standing there
then he noticed me ."sir i am the one who called you?" I nod and looked inside through the window she was having mask and bandage around her arms, feet, and head. looking pale and I can figured out the red patches on her bandages are not fashion. "how?" still looking at her.
"we had some electrical problem in our block, which results in all the electric bulbs burst. when we got to know miss Zoya is in her room till night .we make a check on her and found her on floor bleeding with glass pieces stuck in her body" I couldn't stop my anger at I don't know what. her luck or whatever.

then the doctor comes out "how is she?" he raised an eyebrow at me for my question "I am Jackson Kenner .she is my friend ."
"Mr. Kenner can we talk in my cabin"

"take a seat Mr.kenner" he made move toward his chair"Mr.kenner from how long you know her?"
"not that long. why?"
"so you definitely do not know about the heart problem." heart problem?
"what heart problem?" he mock me with his eyebrow.
he with a wave of hand spoke "i would like to have that talk with her family?"
"her family is in india. you can tell me, doctor"
he sigh "her heart doesn't beat in the normal rhythm the way usually people have"
"come again?"
"while operating her she had a dream or a nightmare .we noticed she stop breathing but then suddenly out of nowhere her heart start beating again not on a normal rhythm."
"doctor a shock or nightmare sometimes affect our heartbeat .it is normal"
he mimic me "It is normal when the beat is missing for short time Mr.kenner, not for 15 minutes." he noticed my shocked reaction "this is why it will be better if i get to talk her parents for her reports if she won't-wake up"
"she would wake up doctor" i snapped at him while leaning at him .

i was looking at her through the window when I make a call to Ansel. he picks after the first ring
"Jackson i am bu."
"Zoya is in hospital" i cut him there was a pause "i got a call from the hospital about her being injured .the hotel she was staying and the whole block building have some all the bulbs burst out .when staff comes to find her they found her on the floor bleeding and the glass pieces stuck in her body. Right now she is on the bed doctor says she has a heart problem and don't know whether she woke up or not" i state this all without showing any emotion and being helpless.
"Listen Jackson Zoya is very strong child .i mean how many girls have run away from the wedding or dozed off in cemetery at night" i chuckle. i can feel him worried for her too but at least he is stable
"and she so annoying even the God would not let her with him so soon" i joke
"and stubborn"