SEVENTY

Private chat: Phone call
Bold; Jake
Italics; Amethyst
Bold Italics; Peyton List
Underlined; Harrison

"Hey guys."

"Ooooh, a group convo!"

"Hey babe. You okay?"

"Are you guys alone? Like, is there anyone else in the room with you?"

"I'm with Peyton right now, and it's just the two of us. Her family went out. Why?"

"I'm by myself at the moment. We just finished filming an episode of Elite Force. The rest of the cast went out to get food, and I wanted to stay back. So, yeah. Why?"

"You guys please promise me this right now."

"Promise what? Is everything okay?"

"You're worrying us, Amethyst. Is it about the Instagram drama?"

"No, everything is not okay. And yes, it's kind of about the Instagram drama."

"Okay.. To be honest, that was a little uncalled for. It was public, and you and Tom could've talked it out privately instead of causing a storm in the comments."

"True. But Tom only posted a picture of you because he misses you, ya know."

"I know. God, I know. I messed up. I shouldn't have commented something like that. It was so immature and over dramatic."

"No worries, Amethyst. It's okay. Now, what do you need us to promise?"

"I'm leaving California. For good."

"What?! Why?"

"You can't be serious, Amethyst."

"Why?"

"I just.. I've been so overwhelmed and stressed out. I can't focus on anything but this.. Whole situation with Tom. I want to be able to move on and live my life normally, but I can't. Because Tom's everywhere. This drama is everywhere. I.. I want to try to rekindle things with my mom and brother. My mom will be hard, but my brother will be easy. I want to get used to my surroundings when I move in with them. I want to forget about everything and move on with life. That's all I want."

"What about Tom? So you're just gonna forget about him and move on?"

"Yes. I.. I want what's best for Tom. He will find someone new, and I just want him to be happy again. I don't want to keep breaking his heart, you know? I love him. I love him so much, but it's starting to get too much, and it's starting to hurt. If he does fall in love again, she will never love Tom as much as I do. I'm always gonna love Tom, no matter what. I can never love another man more than him."

"We'll support you. This is so heartbreaking, but we understand."

"So.. What do you want us to promise you?"

"Harrison.. You're Tom's best friend, right? Please help him through life. Keep him happy at all times, and make sure he stays focused. Keep him motivated, and please be there by his side always."