SIXTY SEVEN

[ TW: mention of rape ]

As Tom entered the Cho residence using the spare key Amethyst gave him, he was surprised due to how eerily quiet it was. "Amethyst?" He called out as he tossed his backpack on the couch after shutting and locking the front door behind him. No answer. He then walked towards the staircase, and Amethyst suddenly appeared at the first step. "Hey, you're home." "Hi." Tom greeted with a wave, and Amethyst slowly made her way down the stairs. As she reached the bottom step, Tom leaned over to kiss her cheek, causing the corners of her lips to turn upwards. "Are you hungry? I can make you something." Amethyst asked, and Tom quickly shook his head. "No thank you. Uh.. We need to talk, actually."

Amethyst pursed her lips into a thin line, and she nodded. She already knew what he wanted to talk about. "Sure." The two quietly walked into the living room, and Tom took a seat on the couch while Amethyst stayed near the entryway. "Kyle told me." Tom began, and Amethyst sucked in a breath. "When did he tell you?" "Yesterday, after filming. He invited me over to Starbucks." Tom replied quietly, and Amethyst slowly nodded her head. "Oh." "You're not angry that he told me?" Tom asked with a raised eyebrow, and Amethyst averted her gaze downwards to her feet.

"I was angry. He didn't have the right to tell you." "Oh, and you couldn't tell me? Your own boyfriend?" Tom retorted in frustration as he hastily stood up. "I was going to!" Amethyst protested and Tom shook his head. "When? Amethyst, I wouldn't force you to tell me right away. All I'm asking and all I want is for you to trust me." "I know, but.." Amethyst replied, her words trailing off, and Tom's face softened. "You don't trust me, don't you?"

"I," Amethyst reluctantly began, and Tom bit his bottom lip. "You don't trust me.. Not even Arden? Charlie?" "Don't bring Arden and Charlie into this." Amethyst warned as a frown laced her facial features, and Tom sighed before looking away. "Why couldn't you tell me? Why don't you trust me?" After a couple of minutes of silence, Tom turned and began to slowly make his way towards her. "I do," Amethyst quietly replied to his prior questions, and Tom stopped a few feet in front of her. "Then why didn't you tell me all of this?"

"Because I'm scared, Tom! I'm scared. I'm scared that one day, when I wake up, you aren't there beside me. You left me. Because you're ashamed of having a girl like me as your girlfriend, because I'm an unwanted daughter. I'm the daughter of a rape victim. I feel like you're disgusted by me, even if you aren't showing it. Tom Holland dating a mistake. I'm scared of losing you, Tom. Because I love you! Don't you understand?!" Amethyst cried out as she collapsed onto the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.

A look of hurt washed over his face, as if her words had slapped him. "Baby," Tom whispered as tears brimmed his eyes, "that won't ever happen, alright? That will never happen. I'm not ashamed of you and of being my girlfriend, Amethyst. Whatever you're going through right now, it will never change how I feel about you. How many times do I have to tell you that? I'm not disgusted by you. I'll never be disgusted by you. I love you too much. You might think you're a mess, but all I see is a beautiful woman, who is also one of the strongest ones I know. You mean the world to me, and it pains me to see you in so much pain. You're never going to lose me." By now, Tom was already crying, and Amethyst sobbed even harder.

"Tom," Amethyst choked out, and Tom cupped her face with his hands. "I love you, so so much. Always remember that, okay?" Before Amethyst could answer, Tom placed his lips on hers, kissing her passionately. Amethyst closed her eyes and kissed him back, tilting her head to deepen the kiss. Tom pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. Millions of thoughts suddenly consumed Amethyst's mind, and she quickly pulled away. "Tom, I can't." "You can't what, love?" Tom asked, confusion laced in his facial features, and Amethyst tore away from his grip and stood up.

"Tom.. I can't.. I'm.." Amethyst couldn't form any words, and she stumbled backwards, causing Tom to stand up as well. "Baby— " "Please leave." Amethyst whispered as she looked away. Tom's eyes widened, and he tried to reach out for her. "Amethyst— " "Tom. Please leave." Amethyst begged as she turns and exits the living room, and Tom shook his head quickly. "Love, please don't push me away. Come on, let's talk about this—" "You can't love me, no matter how many times you'd try." Amethyst stated, and Tom walked towards her. "That's not true. I can never get tired of loving you." "You don't understand! You can't be with me. I'm not the right girl for you." Amethyst reiterated, and Tom sighed. "Amethyst, please don't do this to me."

"Leave." Amethyst spoke, the change in her tone of voice causing Tom's face to fall. "So, that's it? It's over? You're throwing everything we built all away?" "Don't." Amethyst sniffled, as she walked towards the door. She opened the front door, and Tom's mouth was agape. "You can't be serious, Amethyst." "Please. Move on. Forget about me. Forget about everything we had. You have priorities, so focus on them. Please. You have a lot ahead of you, Tom. Please.." Tom broke down, but he didn't hesitate to grab his backpack from the couch.

"Amethyst, I will never stop loving you— " "Tom, don't." Amethyst replied, and Tom nodded. "Alright, love." Tom placed a kiss on her cheek, and walked out of her house. Amethyst shut the door behind him, and broke down, sobbing uncontrollably.

You only know you love him when you let him go.

Tomethyst is over, and their breakup was dramatic as hell. But, that's all on me :,)