SIXTY FOUR

"Hey, Tom! Amethyst is already asleep." Arden greeted as she opened the front door for Tom. Tom smiled as he walked in, and she shuts and locks the door behind him. As he sets his shoes on the shoe rack, Arden clasped her hands together as she turns to face him. "How was filming?" "It was tiring, but it was good." Tom replied shortly, and Arden furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you okay?" "Yeah.. I'm gonna head off to bed. Good night, Arden." "Good night, Tom." Arden replied softly, confusion laced in her facial features. Tom shoots her a warm smile before he turns and makes his way over to the staircase.

As he arrived at Amethyst's room, Tom began to have second thoughts. He wanted to get in bed and be the big spoon, but at the same time, he wanted some space from her. Tom quietly entered her bedroom, shutting the door behind him afterwards. He gently tossed his duffel bag on the couch near the coffee table, and he walked in the bathroom to get ready for bed. Luckily, Amethyst kept spare necessities for Tom, just in case he'd sleep over. As Tom exits the bathroom after doing his night routine, he notices that Amethyst stirred in her sleep.

Amethyst's eyes fluttered open, and she lets out a yawn before stretching. She slowly lifts her head up and looks around her room, immediately noticing Tom's figure near the bathroom. "Tom?" She quietly called out as she slowly sat up on the bed. "Hey." Tom softly greeted as he got in bed next to Amethyst. "I'm so sorry that I feel asleep. I couldn't help it." Amethyst stated with a giggle as she snuggled closer to him, burying her face in his chest. "No worries." Tom reassures as he shoots her a small smile, and Amethyst shuts her eyes and immediately falls asleep. "Good night, babe. I love you." Tom's heart skipped a beat, his grip around her tightening as he held her in his arms.

His conversation with Kyle earlier popped up into his mind, and jumbled up thoughts began to scatter around his brain. He didn't know what to think or say at that very moment. He really does love her. But, how come he was having a hard time uttering those three words? Tom wasn't trying to be over dramatic, but he couldn't help the way he felt. He sighed softly and leans down to press a kiss onto Amethyst's forehead, letting his lips linger there for a bit as he shuts his eyes.

"Good night, love. I love you, too."

Short chapter! 😊