Chapter 33 - Came Out

The worst part of the weekends are family nights and even family days. Two days of family nights and family time made my head spin. I thought about going to Sarah's house and just staying there until my family stopped behaving like children but I guess no one wanted me to be happy today.

"Just choose a stupid number." Sandra mumbled to Ravenna who was busy doing her victory dance.

Both of them were playing cut the number and by the looks of it, Ravenna was winning and had a streak going on.

My parents were busy bickering on TV channels while uncle Rick had his face buried in his laptop. I sighed knowing that I could never get out of this house without getting noticed by, well everyone to be exact.

"Hey Jack, come play with us." Sandra called me from the small table they were sitting around and I sighed before getting up to go over to the both of them.

When I sat beside Sandra, Ravenna had a smirk on her face.

"Do you even know how to play this game?" Ravenna asked as she played with the pen in her hand.

I looked down at the paper which had numbers from 0 to 30 with lots of them cut. I looked back up at Ravenna and shook my head.

"Okay then, listen close because I'm only gonna tell you once. You choose a number from only the given numbers and write it on a piece of paper. You don't want anyone to know the number and then we start cutting numbers that are on this paper, in hopes of getting the other person's number cut off. And when everyone else's number is cut and only your number isn't. You become the winner. Easy right?" Ravenna asked after explaining and I just nodded my head.

"Okay then, let's start." Sandra cheered before she gave me an extra pen and a piece of paper.

I secretly wrote a number on the paper and then neatly folded it before looking at the two that were still thinking about a number.

"Done." Ravenna spoke and then looked at Sandra who also wrote a number.

"Let's do this." Ravenna said and began her turn before it was Sandra's and then it was mine.

In the middle of the game, Sandra whispered in my ear.

"Please beat her in this game."

I nodded faintly and then after a while Sandra's number was cut by Ravenna. Ravenna smirked victoriously at Sandra, who in return sighed before getting up to go to the kitchen.

"I guess, it's you and me now." Ravenna spoke and I nodded grinning.

Okay, the only amusement I can have between family time is beating someone in a stupid game. And Ravenna is about to go down.

We began our turns again and after a little while I won by cutting Ravenna's number which was 16.

"How'd you do that? I've been playing with her for two hours and I couldn't beat her." Sandra complained from beside me and Ravenna still looked shocked.

"What was your number?" Ravenna asked and I unfolded my piece of paper before showing it to her.

Her expression turned to pissed off in mere seconds.

"You chose zero. Seriously!" She went ballistic and tore the paper which had the numbers in it and then flipped the small table before going upstairs.

"What's up her ass?" Sandra asked while uncapping a juice bottle which I think she got from the kitchen.

"Language!" Mom exclaimed from the sofa and then went back to bickering with dad.

We both shrugged at the same time and then laughed aloud.