Chapter 21 - The Aftermath

"How could you like someone so, so dumb?" Miranda asked Naomi with a disgusted face.

"I'm dumb? Wait, wait, you're the one who likes Jason and we all know that Jason is the dumbest person alive." Brad defensively replied.

"Guys, let's not fight." Jason tried to stop Brad and Miranda to stop quarreling but it didn't quite help.

"Who says I like Jason?" Miranda questioned with a glare towards Brad.

Jason suddenly frowned and then his frown turned to a sad look.

"You like him and we all see it. The way you smile at him and stuff. You're so in love with a guy who has two gay fathers." Brad spat cruelly.

"What's wrong with having gay parents, huh?" Adam spoke up now with a frown on his face.

"Nothing's wrong. He is just dumb and poor." Brad spat again and this time I frowned.

I don't even know when this topic moved on from Brad and Naomi to Jason and his dads.

"Oh, come on Brad. That's rude." Now I spoke up hating the way he was speaking.

"Oh, please Jack. Don't make this all about you now." Brad turned to me in a defensive manner.

"Me? How is this all about me?" I questioned him getting defensive myself.

"You don't know? We all are here because of you and your 'family problems'."

I stayed silent because I did bring them all here.

"Brad, don't put this all on Jack. Her main reason was you and Naomi." Aaron defended me and I just sat down not wanting to speak anymore since everything was already blowing up way out of proportion.

"Why are you defending her now? Do you like her?" Brad was pissing everyone off.

"Brad you're taking this all too far." Lara and Sarah tried to stop Brad from talking again but it didn't work.

"Oh, please Lara. Don't you see how Aaron defends Jack and how he's always with her." Brad faced Lara. "That's just because they're best friends." Lara hesitantly replied which made me frown. Was she going to doubt Aaron just because Brad said so.

"Ha. Best friends? I think not. It's-" brad was cut off when Naomi slapped him across his face.

"Enough! I can't believe I like a jerk who has his head in a gutter." Naomi spoke with a deathly tone of voice, which made me gulp in fear.

Brad put his hand on his cheek that was now a bright red color staring at Naomi.

"Jack has nothing going on with Aaron. She doesn't like him more than a friend. And you of all people should know that." Naomi continued.

"Wow Naomi. You're defending her too." Brad spoke in a surprised tone.

Oh, how I want to kick his butt right now.

"Yeah. And now you're all making me the bad guy." Brad spoke and stood up. "Well this bad guy is gonna go now. And now I don't want anything to do with you people." Brad continued before walking away.

After a moment of silence, I sighed and stood up.

"I'm sorry. This all went too wrong because of me." I stopped and looked at Jason.

"I'm sorry Jason, he said those bad things about you and your dads. Don't mind him, I seriously think that having two dads is cool." I continued and gave him a half smile.

"It's not your fault, Jack. He's just a huge jerk." Naomi said.

"A huge jerk you like." I gave her a small smile.

She gave me a small smile in return.

I sat down again and we all sat in pure silence waiting for someone to break this thick sadness covering us.

Brad's POV:

How could they humiliate me like that? That Jack and them all. They just made an enemy out of me.

I was starting to like Naomi but now it seems that she has someone else in her heart. She just says that she likes me but she has that Jack in her heart and mind.

I can't believe every girl likes Jack. What does she have that I don't?

I'm muscular and romantic. I'm good looking. Forget good looking.

I'm great looking!

But no one sees that.

"What do you want?" The girl in front of me asked with a bored tone.

"Something that you want dearly." I replied with a smirk.

"I'm listening." She said with a now attentive look with her hands crossed.

"I know a secret that you don't know but you really want to." I spoke with the smirk still on my face.

"Just get to the damn point, idiot." She angrily demanded.

Wow, this girl has got some serious attitude problems.

"I know Jack's secret." I got to the point making her eyes widen.

"Then tell me what it is." She again demanded.

"Uh, uh, uh. First I want something in return." I smirked yet again loving the power I had right now.

"What is it that you want?" She asked me with curiosity.

"Sarah."

"Who is that?" She asked with an eyebrow cocked.

"She's the girl I like and I want her. You have to help me get her, and only when she is mine do, I give you the information you want." I looked at her determined.

"Deal." She extended her hand towards me to shake.

"Deal." I shook her hand with a smirk.

"When to start?" She questioned with a smirk herself making my smirk grow wider.