Chapter 3 - Don't Rape My Sandwich

After the long period of physics, it was finally lunch time and after that I had no more classes. Those were definitely a few perks of being a senior. Less classes were one of those perks.

I was currently going to the cafeteria when Aaron got the bright idea to sneak up behind me, scaring the hell out of me.

"Hi!" He screamed.

"Hell Aaron! Man can't you just say hi to me like a normal human being!" I exclaimed as I placed a hand on my chest, trying to ease my fast pacing heart.

"But you have to admit, it was pretty great scaring you. You should have seen your face." He was wheezing and laughing at the same time, which didn't make things better, but I had to admit that he did look like an idiot.

"Yeah well, I hope you had your fun because the next time I see you not paying attention to your surroundings, I'm going to scare you so bad you are gonna wish you never scared me." I said to him with a serious tone. And for a minute there he did look kind of scared but then he just looked at me amused.

I was finished yet though, "I will remember this for the rest of my life." I spoke to him sarcastically with a chuckle.

He just started laughing again. And I just gave him a glare. Seriously after scaring me he has the audacity to just laugh at me again. Clearly this guy doesn't love his life.

I ignored him and started walking towards my destination again, the good ol' cafeteria. I was about to enter when I suddenly bumped into someone while opening the door to the cafeteria. And you won't believe who it was. Yep, you guessed correct.

It was Sarah the one and only.

My hand immediately went to my cheek out of instinct.

I know I know, I looked a bit stupid and cowardly at that moment, but you can't blame me for being careful.

I looked at her and I saw embarrassment in her eyes, but it went away as soon as it came when she started frowning at me. Seriously, what did I do? It's her fault that she bumped into me the second time. But it's a good thing that this time I didn't see any of her underwear.

Because I have no idea what else this mouth of mine would say.

I slowly got my hand back to my side but that clearly didn't solve the awkwardness that surrounded us now. She was still frowning at me though.

And at that time of awkwardness, Aaron came to the rescue.

"Hey Sarah. I see you have met Jack." Sarah looked at him and then smiled. That killer smile, wow.

"Yeah, I've met him." Sarah replied while smiling at Aaron.

I thought I had heard wrong but when I saw Aaron look at me, we spoke up in unison, "Him." And we started laughing as hard as possible. Sarah just looked at us with confusion.

After our laughter had died, we looked at her to see her frowning and watching us with confusion clear on her face.

I didn't know what to say so Aaron took this as a cue to speak instead, "Sorry. I know you're confused but never judge a book by its cover." I rolled my eyes when she looked even more confused.

Waving at Aaron dismissingly, I spoke up, "What Aaron is trying to tell you is that I am a girl."

It didn't take long for her face to turn red with recognition. She looked at the ground shyly and I had to admit that I really liked this view. You know, her blushing.

I looked at her and smiled, "I know you thought I was a guy but I'm not. It's okay. I get that a lot. So, can we go to lunch now? I'm really hungry."