Chapter 29 - The B King

"Why did you ask me to meet you here?" An angry Naomi asked before taking a sip of her cold drink.

"Because I need to tell you something." Brad told the girl and Naomi huffed. Naomi and Brad were sitting at a diner which was famous for serving the best burgers.

"And what would that be?" She asked him and he sighed aloud before replying.

"It's about Adam." Brad said and Naomi raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

"What about Adam?" She asked Brad and he replied after taking a bite of his Burger.

"He's planning something against Jack." He said with his mouth full and Naomi contorted her face in disgust.

"Sorry." Brad apologized for his lack of manners.

"Why would Adam plan something against Jack? Jack is his friend." Naomi questioned the buff guy sitting in front of her which got a snort from the guy.

"Oh please, Adam isn't as innocent as he seems." Brad hesitated before telling her about all that had happened in the locker room. He told her about the agreement Brad and Adam had made.

"Then, why did you tell me about all of this?" Naomi asked Brad and he sighed, then held her hand which was on the table.

"Because I haven't been honest with you." He said and Naomi seemed to soften from the boy's statement.

"You didn't have to be honest with me. You don't even like me the way I like you." Naomi said and then took her hand away from Brad's.

"See, that's the thing. I do like you Naomi. I like you the same way you like me. I admit I was a jerk but that was before I realized my feelings for you. I didn't like Sarah, I just liked the idea of liking her." He honestly confessed to the girl in front of him and then looked at his lap.

"So, you do like me?" Naomi asked shyly looking up at Brad.

"Yeah." He admitted shyly and his cheeks were a bit red too.

The both of them were blushing and fidgeting in their seats that it made them look a bit weird. Oh, who am I kidding? It made them look an awful lot weird.

Brad smiled up at Naomi and she returned his smile.

"So, would it be too awkward if I asked you out on a date?" Brad asked shyly and Naomi chuckled.

"I would love to go out on a date with you, stupid." Naomi replied and Brad sighed out of relief.

The moment was consumed in silence. A good silence.

....................................

"Well, what do you think?" Aaron asked his friend who was sitting with him in a park near her house.

"I think that's pathetic." Jack answered honestly.

"Really? I thought it was brilliant." Aaron scratched his neck unconsciously and Jack snorted.

"Brilliantly stupid, that is." Jack teased the guy and Aaron frowned at his friend.

"You're mean." Aaron pouted and Jack laughed aloud at his friend's antics.

"I know." Jack smiled at her friend and Aaron puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

"I want you to tell me a better way to ask her out." Jack continued and Aaron touched his chin in thought.

"How about you use a pick-up line on her and then ask her out for a date?"

"That ... might actually work." Jack seemed to consider the idea.