twenty-six⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚fuck the anger out of me

Li's POV

"Yeah, it's just like this," I tell Jin, guiding his fingers to work with the knitting needles the next afternoon. "Just put it right into the stitch, and—"

"The stitch?"

"Mm, yeah! It's what we call the thread that's on the left needle."

His brows furrow. "Okay, I'll put it through the stitch like..." He puts the right needle through a stitch a few rows down, and I giggle a bit. 

He looks at me, confusion tugging at his brows. "What?"

"I meant the first stitch."

He stares at the yarn and the two needles. "What's the difference?"

"We start with the first stitch, and that's at the very top."

He leans back into the couch. "Li—"

"Sorry," I laugh a bit. "I guess I'm just so used to doing it that I forgot to explain it."

"It's fine." He returns the needles to me. "Can you..."

Realization floods through me, and I'm quick to nod, gently pulling the needle out and fixing the stitch. 

"Okay," I announce once complete. "Ready?"

"Mm."

"Okay, so just put the right needle through the stitch on the very top." I tap it lightly. "This one."

"I can see where the top one is."

"Oh," I breathe out. "I didn't mean to sound rude."

He nudges my thigh with his. "I'm teasing."

I glance at him, relaxing at the easy expression resting on his features.

I crack a smile. "Be nice."

He sits closer until there's no space between us, his eyes flickering to the needles before returning to me. "Teach me."

"Teach you how to be nice? Okay, so first—"

His smile pulls through, and his fingers attack my side in a quick attack. I squeal, batting his hand away.

"Stop," I say, my cheeks rosy as giddy feelings surface. "We have to focus."

His smile remains. It looks settled. It looks nice. 

It's nice to focus on how nice he looks rather than the dim anger settling in my gut. I think it's trying to make a home out of me, and I don't know how to tell it not to, so there it is; homing and taking up space when I barely have any to give.

He hums. "I am."

"You're not," I reply playfully, trying to ignore the tightness in my chest. "Come on. Don't you want your Bachelors in knitting?"

"I'll leave that to you."

"Right. Because your job is getting me the chocolate cake?"

He looks at me for a moment before he shifts forward. I start slightly, not expecting it, but I calm when he brings his thumb to caress the bottom of my chin. My lips part slightly, and he runs his thumb along them, releasing a short breath.

"Focus," I whisper.

He grasps my jaw, using it to guide me closer to him. "I am."

I swallow at the closer proximity, my eyes flickering down to his lips. "No, you're not."

His nose brushes against mine. "I am."

My heart flutters, and I try to push our lips to meet, but he leans back. He lifts a brow at my indignant expression.