ten₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚my love, my light

Li's POV

"I'm not tired!" I exclaim a few nights later, giggling as I evade Jungkook.

He gives me a look, hands on his hips and a toothbrush hanging from the side of his mouth.

He states, "It's 9 PM."

"But I'm not tired, so...who cares?"

I laugh when he makes a grab for me again, running to the closet for safety.

"Bed," he warns, but I can't find it in myself to be too intimidated when his mouth is full of toothpaste.

"Not tired," I tease, locking the closet door behind me.

He sighs, and I hear him re-enter the bathroom.

"Wait until I'm finished," he calls.

His statement causes nerves and excitement to spread through me, and I continue smiling like an idiot.

Since Jin spoke to my team and scheduled breaks for me, I've been able to rejuvenate. I'm eating more, smiling more, and not as exhausted. I feel more like myself than I have for months.

Jungkook and Jimin called my management team, and from how everyone at work has been treating me, I can only imagine what was said for such a complete 360.

I have breaks, I'm told I'm doing good, and Cara has even let me leave work thirty minutes early the past two days.

I smile to myself, feeling calm and settled when Jungkook's bedroom door opens and a familiar voice enters the room.

"Yo," Taehyung announces himself. "Jungkook."

The questioned grunts in response.

"Where's Li?" Taehyung wonders. "Jimin said she was in here."

Jungkook doesn't respond, most likely because of his tooth brushing, and my presumption is correct when Taehyung says, "You have way too much toothpaste in your mouth for it to be normal. Spit it out, dude. That's disgusting."

Jungkook grunts again, this time sounding annoyed, and I giggle.

There's a pause in their one-sided conversation before Taehyung questions, "What was that? I thought I heard someone laughing."

Jungkook spits into the sink, and a second later, he responds, "Li's in the closet."

"Cool, cool." Footsteps approach the closet door. "Why?"

The knob jiggles and Jungkook's voice appears near it. "She doesn't want to go to bed." To me, "Open the door."

Feeling rather confident in the safety of my locked safe haven, I chirp, "No!"

Taehyung chuckles. "Shit. You've got a naughty bun tonight."

"I'm not," I retort haughtily. "I'm just not tired."

"Oh, you're not naughty, huh?" he taunts. "You're being good by not listening?"

"Uh...yes."

"Is someone lying?"

"Not me," I muse. "Maybe Kook is."

"Maybe Kook is?" Taehyung sounds amused. "Hear that? She thinks you're lying."

"Uh-huh," Jungkook drawls. He tries the doorknob again. "Open."

I sing-song, "You can't make me."

"You have one more chance to open this door."

"If I open the door, can I throw a party?"

"You're not on bargaining terms right now," he says. "I won't ask again."