eight*ੈ✩‧₊˚exhaustion

Author's Note:

Buckle up for some angst, comfort, and smut! I know. It's your three favorite things ever. 

Li's POV

Jimin taps the granola bar that he placed on my lap ten minutes ago. I look down at it, blinking a few times before lifting my eyes to his.

He releases a small sigh. "You need to eat."

I clasp my hands together, shifting my gaze to the surroundings we drive past on the way to work. "Sorry. I'm not used to eating in the morning so I'm not really hungry."

"Which is why you need to eat," he returns decidedly. "You shouldn't get sick after a few bites of food."

The bar's wrapping crinkles in my hold. "Sorry."

"Take the bar out and eat it."

I peel back the wrapping, trying to ignore how my stomach protests. It's too early to digest anything and I've never had a soft spot for 6 AM.

His tone softens. "Come on, Li. We're almost there and I want you to have something in your stomach."

"I had coffee."

"I want food in your stomach."

I nibble on the chocolate chips covering the bar. I peek up at him. "I'm doing it."

He shakes his head, keeping his eyes on the road. "Eat more than the chocolate chips, Li."

I bite back a sigh, my stomach churning at the thought. "I will."

"Now."

I release the sigh, narrowing my eyes at the order before following it. Slowly but surely, I choke down the nasty granola. My stomach gurgles, upset with me, and I scowl, equally as upset with it.

Jimin holds his hand out for the wrapper and I hand it to him, watching him push it into his pocket as he questions, "How does your stomach feel?"

I slump in my seat. "Mad."

"I don't think stomachs can feel mad, but I'll take your word for it."

"Thank you. They can."

He motions to the water bottle. "Drink."

I mutter to myself as I grab it, untwisting the cap and gulping it down.

Throughout my day, my limbs are exhausted and my mind is mush. I want to sleep and I almost do during several meetings.

By the time I get home, I'm in a zombified state, mumbling to myself about things I can't understand.

I open the door at 9:30 PM, and I try to pull the keys out of the doorknob, but my fingers keep slipping. I huff, jostling the doorknob aggressively. When this doesn't work, I dig my shoes into the floor, step back, and pull as hard as I can. My keys fall to the ground with me.

I yelp with surprise, but before I can consider standing, I realize the floor feels very nice. Very comfy and on further inspection, absolutely perfect for a napping spot.

A tired huff leaves me as I decide I won't be leaving, and with little thought, I push my body forward. Wiggling my hips to settle, I bring my hands to my face for a pillow and curl into myself.

I'm practically purring as I ease toward sleep, but it seems that sleep and I aren't on good terms as a voice shocks me out of my haze.

I jolt, my eyes flying open as I survey the scene. I whine, my brows furrowed together and a pout forming on my lips as I make out a blurry figure standing nearby.