four•°. *࿐heated conversations

Li's POV

"Li," Jimin calls from his bedroom. "We're going to be late."

"I'm coming!" I respond, hurrying to stuff my belongings into my purse. "Almost done!"

I zip it up, rushing to my door before retreating into my room, remembering I forgot my phone.

I mutter under my breath, frustrated by my lack of sleep.

I didn't hear my alarm go off this morning and woke up to Jimin hovering over me, his features creased as he told me what time it was.

I've been running around since then, racing against the clock. I have a day booked with rehearsals and meetings, and I'm already exhausted thinking about it, even more so than I already am.

I was tossing in and turning all night, anxious about a few meeting topics. There are so many decisions to make, and my management has been pressing me about it, but my brain is muddled by my lack of sleep.

I peek under my bed in search of my phone, my frustration only growing when I can't find it.

"Jimin?" I lift myself back up, tugging a hand through my hair. "Did you see where I put my phone?"

Upon getting no response, I groan, slinging my purse around my shoulder and running to the door.

I'm going to be late and management is going to chew me out. It'll be the third time this month.

I round the hallway to Jimin's room, surprised when bump into a firm surface. I yelp, my eyes widening.

Strong hands grab my arms, keeping me steady. "Slow down."

I lift my eyes to meet Jin's.

He looks nice. He must be scheduled to work with Jungkook today. He was dressed in similar attire.

He looked nice too, especially from my position on my knees.

I shake my head of my thoughts, refocusing on Jin as I tell him, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you. I just can't find my phone, and I have to ask Jimin if he's seen it, and I'm already going to be late, and my management is going to kill me, so I have to go as fast as I can, or else I'll—"

He applies firm pressure to his touch. "Relax."

"I can't," I stress. "It's my third time this month, so I really have to go."

"Third time?"

I can't help the humiliation that drips through me or the scowl that appears because of it. "That's what I said."

His eyes narrow. "Watch your tone."

I flush. "I'm sorry. I just—I have to go."

He looks at me for a moment before leaning his head back and calling, "Jimin, have you seen Li's phone?"

A second later, Jimin's voice reaches our ears. "Yeah, it's with me."

My shoulders drop with relief. "Okay, that's—okay. That's good, but I still have to go."

"Jimin's driving you?"

"Yes, so I have to go get him, or I'll—"

"Take a fucking breath."

I swallow roughly at his stern gaze and feel myself nod before I can comprehend it.

Squaring me with his intense gaze, he questions, "Why have you been late three times this month?"

I stare at him for a moment before glancing past him, wondering if I can see Jimin from here.

"Li," he warns.