An Unexpected Rebuttal

A/N: Oml, thank you for 6k reads and 400 votes! And somehow we've been nominated for BNHA Awards 2020?!  。・゚(゚⊃ω)゚・。
Special thanks to the kind reader who liked the story that they thought it deserves to compete among other wonderful fanfics~! ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω├┬┴┬┴
Please enjoy~!

Just as Izuku arrived on set, a group of Neito's fans who had camped out in the front immediately rushed at him furiously.

"Look, there he is! Midoriya Izuku!"

"That damn prostitute is here? Get him!"

"I can't believe he actually had the nerve to show up!"

"Disgusting slut! Stay away from our Monoma-sama!"

"Hurry up and just get lost already!"

"Yeah, leave the entertainment circle, you dirty whore!"

"Midoriya Izuku, go to hell!"

There were only three words needed to describe the scene: Complete. Utter. CHAOS.

The crowd began to throw rotten eggs and vegetables at him. Only a couple of security guards protected Izuku as they made their way inside. The rest of the production crew merely stood back and enjoyed the show, pointing and sneering with laughter from time to time. Not one made a move to help him.

All the attention on him felt like needles jabbing into him, ravenous beasts at ready to tear him to pieces. Izuku couldn't help but think about one movie star last year, who had stood at the peak of her popularity, but ultimately ended up committing suicide due to monsterous, ruthless rumors that spiraled out of control. Her last note contained one simple sentence:

[Gossipers are the worst.]

Spoiled produce continued to fly in the air. Someone even threw a rock, but it fell off-kilter towards the stylist, Maple, who was on her phone and wasn't paying attention. Seeing that a sharp object was going to hit her, Izuku's expression changed and he threw himself forward to block it with his arm.

In the next moment, a painful rose began to bloom on his bicep...

Once the hysterical fans noticed this, they all stopped raising hell, struck dumb at the sight. Maple was pale-faced, terrified with realization. Chilling emeralds raked across the crowd, bestowing critical judgement upon them.

"If you guys want to make a fuss, come at me. Don't hurt innocent bystanders."

"Y-you . . . stop pretending to be innocent!"

"Yeah, you hypocrite!"

"What determines whether I'm a good person or not? A blog post without evidence to back it up? Or a rumor based on groundless accusations?" Izuku knew that they wouldn't care about what he had to say. There was only one person who could get through them: their precious blond idiot.

"Can't any of you use your brains? Idols are the ones who have to pay for their fans' behavior; everything you do and say represents your idol. I thought you guys were here for justice, and not to embarrass him?"

"You can't tell us what to do!"

"Actually, I think he has a point..."

"Oi! The one who threw the rock, step out! Didn't we agree that we wouldn't use violence and eggs would be the limit?"

"Yeah! Who was it?!"

"Come out, you coward!"

"You fake fan!"