The Unexpected Visit

Meanwhile, Izuku was just leaving the supermarket with ingredients for tonight's dinner.

After his audition, he had to get rid of his stress and worries about his performance somehow, so he opted for a long workout at the gym. The Omega knew that his acting had made a good impression on the judges despite his lateness, but he had no idea what his competition was like. In order to resist his urge to scope out everyone who had auditioned before him, he lost his mind in the steady rhythm of exercise instead.

Three hours later, he remembered that he still didn't have his phone. So right after showering off his sweat from the workout, he headed straight to his workplace. Izuku wasn't surprised to find his phone inside his company locker. At least his rat of a manager still had some knowledge of common decency.

The first thing he did was to check his inbox. Spam, a text from Copycat, more spam, an advertisement on horoscopes, a text from Kouji, and oh! A message from UA Productions!

The Omega tapped on the message, squeezing his eyes shut just before the words popped up on the screen. This was it! The moment he had been waiting for! Slowly, he opened his eyes to read:

[Hello Midoriya Izuku,
As you know, today we held auditions for the movie <Zero to Hero>...
You have auditioned alongside many others.....]

Izuku rolled his eyes as he forced himself through the formalities. Just get to the point already! Eventually, the words he'd been looking for appeared right before his eyes:

[We're happy to announce that you will be joining our crew, playing the role of Deku!]

Izuku screamed with excitement and did a happy dance. Finally! He made it! He finally scored a major role! He finally beat Itsuki at her own sick little game!

But of course, this was only the start of their battle....

With his cheeks aching from smiling so wide, he immediately sent back: [I'm looking forward to working with everyone!]

Then he set his phone down and took a moment to contemplate how he'd celebrate this victory. Traditionally, after accepting a new role, the greenette would treat himself to a bowl of katsudon.

But somehow, katsudon didn't seem like it was enough to commemorate this particular role. This was the biggest role the Omega had scored in a long, long time. So Izuku decided to go all out and make hotpot at home instead.

It wasn't until he was counting out his change to pay for the ingredients, side dishes, and beer did he realize how sad it was for him to be eating such a large meal alone. Really, it was practically the ultimate level of loneliness. At least he was used to it from being a loner most of the time.

At his apartment, he waited on the ground floor for the elevator, his arms too tired to carry all his groceries up the stairs. As he watched the numbers go down, he absentmindedly overheard the chatter of the Betas working at the front desk.

"Hey, hey, did you see that handsome Alpha earlier?"

"Of course I did! You'd have to be blind to not see him walking through those doors!"

"I know right?! Almost gave me a heart attack when I saw him!"

"And the pup he brought was super cute too! They looked so alike, they must be father and son!"

"Who do you think they were visiting?"

"Who knows? I don't remember any of the residents having a mate that attractive!"

"All I know is that I'm definitely taking the late hours so I can see him again!"

"Hey, that's not fair!"