Exuberance Is Beauty
Oregon, 1940s. War widow Eve Miller is whisked away from her home in Portland to start a new life with her illegitimate baby. However, Jeff --the married man who had seduced her-- remains obsessed and controlling. When she ignores him and refuses his ultimatums, he comes for her and exacts revenge. When it seems his sociopathic abuse has reached its end, things get much worse. Exuberance Is Beauty has been described as "an intense psychological thriller," "hauntingly beautiful," and "terrifying."
WHAT WATTPADERS ARE SAYING ABOUT JEFF:
* controlling, heartless, psychopath man!
* I really don't like Jeff, he's a bully and controlling her life.
* Manipulation then seduction, a typical narcissist. Poor Eve.
* Jeff is such an evil narcissistic...I bet he does mistreat his wife...physically and threatening to dump her if she doesn't back his projects and that he has had affairs regularly...It will all come out eventually. I just loathe him
WHAT WATTPADERS ARE SAYING ABOUT EVE:
*Why do I feel Jeff will ruin her chance of happiness?
* I am trying to understand Eve but to be sincere I just cant. Jeff's behaviour is disgusting but it was wrong for her to follow him to his bed. I understand that she feels she now has control over her life but I just have this bizarre fear that she'd go back to him again, it seem as if they are obsessed and dats not love
* I felt bad for her knowing that the only reason for all of this is a man- a controlling, heartless, psychopath man!
* She didn't deserve any of this
* What a frightening life this character led. I only hope some of the women that were tortured during this time frame were able to recover to some degree