If you're looking for a cliche - this isn't it. -author.
🥇 Highest Rankings:
#1 Teen Fiction
2018 Watty's Long List
🥀 Trigger Warnings
⚠️Mature Sexual Content/Language R 18+
♥️A/N: I warn you now, you are going on what most of my readers tell me is an "emotional rollercoaster". There are parts where you will laugh, cry, curse my username and then cry happy tears. Parts of this book will piss you off, but if you stick with the entire thing those same readers will tell you it was all totally worth it!
"The Tattooed Devil Wears Chucks"
Gabby Brooks was normal eighteen year old girl growing up on the edge of a lake. She enjoyed being off everyone's radar in the small town of Luxberg. She had a small group of friends, an adoring family and a love for her town.
That was until the Parkers moved in across the street.
A new neighbor-friend with a tattooed god for an older brother change Gabby's normal little life upside down. She finds herself fascinated by Jackson Parker, especially by his criminal past, which is filed away in sealed records. Not even her father, the town police officer, will spill as to what her new neighbor did to put himself behind bars.
Jackson seems to be just as fascinated with Gabby Brooks, the daughter of his probation officer/town cop. His eyes are set on making her the next victim of his playful games, just to piss off her dad.
Even with her father's warnings to stay away from the new neighbors, Gabby finds herself breaking the rules for the first time in her life. Her rule-breaking brings out the best and the worst of the people she trusts the most, including herself. Secrets she didn't even know she carried are brought to light, shaking the town to its core.
What Jackson and Gabby don't realize, is how much their lives will change because they can't seem to stay away from each other.
Sometimes change is not always for the best.
- Author's Note
- Prologue: Normality
- Chapter 1: A Luxberg Night
- Chapter 2: New Neighbors • Part I
- Chapter 3: New Neighbors • Part II
- Chapter 4: The Game
- Chapter 5: The Probation Officer
- Chapter 6: Secret's Out
- Chapter 7: Birthday Games
- Chapter 8: Alfie Tats
- Chapter 9: The Call
- Chapter 10: Sisterly Advice
- Chapter 11: The Lake
- Chapter 12: "What's your name?"
- Chapter 13: The Truth
- Chapter 14: "Two is our limit."
- Chapter 15: The Dress
- Chapter 16: The Dance
- Chapter 17: The Assembly
- Chapter 18: The Broken Girl
- Chapter 19: The Talk
- Chapter 20: The Jail Bird
- Chapter 21: "He'll be lucky to have children."
- Chapter 22: Whispers
- Chapter 23: Game Over
- Chapter 24: Boy Issues
- Chapter 25: Thank You
- Chapter 26: Caught
- Chapter 27: The Senior Party
- Chapter 28: The First
- Chapter 29: Good Morning
- Chapter 30: The Three Disappointments
- Chapter 31: Forbidden Call
- Chapter 32: Honesty
- Chapter 33: Daddy Dan
- Chapter 34: The Date - Part I
- Chapter 35: The Date - Part II
- Chapter 36: The Other Broken Girl
- Chapter 37: Graduation
- Chapter 38: A Shift in Normality
- Chapter 39: Unknown. Sunday 10:23PM
- Chapter 40: The Graduation Party - Part I
- Chapter 41: The Graduation Party - Part II
- Chapter 42: Population 499
- Chapter 43: Sleeping Beauty, a Criminal and a Correctional Officer
- Chapter 44: The Discussion
- Chapter 45: The Endless Day
- Chapter 46: Gone
- Chapter 47: The Drive - Part I
- Chapter 48: 25th Birthday Memory
- Chapter 49: The Drive - Part II
- Chapter 50: Vikings Game Memory
- Chapter 51: The Engagement Party
- Chapter 52: Restless Night
- Chapter 53: The Sleepover
- Chapter 54: This Requires Wine
- Chapter 55: Helping Hands
- Chapter 56: Fake Smiles - Part I
- Chapter 57: Fake Smiles - Part II
- Chapter 58: The Mind of a Teenage Girl
- Chapter 59: "Hurry up"
- Chapter 60: The Code
- Chapter 61: The Last Plan
- Chapter 62: Mud
- Chapter 63: The Rehearsal
- Chapter 64: The Return to Lake Lux
- Epilogue: A New Normal
- TTDWC Playlist
- 16 Seasons with a Broken Girl in Chucks
- 3 Strikes
- F-Boy's Lace
- Flight Risks