Accidentally On Purpose

By sadscorpio07

When Hollis moved to California, she had never expected to fall in love with the charming football player, O... More

a few words.
chapter one ~ Hollis
Chapter two~Owen
Chapter three~ Hollis
Chapter four~Owen
Chapter five~ Hollis
Chapter six~ Owen
Chapter seven~Hollis
Chapter eight~Owen
Chapter nine~ Hollis
Chapter ten~ Owen
Chapter eleven~ Hollis
Chapter thirteen~ Hollis
Chapter fourteen~Owen
Chapter fifteen~Hollis
Chapter sixteen~ Owen
Chapter seventeen~ Hollis
Chapter eighteen~Owen
Chapter nineteen~Hollis
Chapter twenty~ Owen
Chapter twenty-one ~Hollis
Chapter twenty-two~ Owen
Chapter twenty-three~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-four~ Owen
Chapter twenty-five~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-six~ Owen
Chapter twenty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter twenty-eight~ Owen
Chapter twenty-nine~ Hollis
Chapter thirty~ Owen
Chapter thirty-one~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-two~ Owen
Chapter thirty-three~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-four~ Owen
Chapter thirty-five~ Hollis
Chapter thirty-six~ Owen
Chapter thirty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter thirty eight~Owen
A NEW ERA
Chapter thirty-nine~Hollis
Chapter forty~Hollis
Chapter forty-one~ Hollis
Chapter forty-two~Owen
Chapter forty-three~ Hollis
Chapter forty-four~ Hollis
Chapter forty-five~ Hollis
Chapter forty-six~ Hollis
Chapter forty-seven~ Hollis
Chapter forty-eight~Hollis
Chapter forty-nine ~ Hollis
Chapter fifty~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-one~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-two~ Owen
Chapter fifty-three~ Hollis
Chapter fifty-four~Hollis
Epilogue~ Owen
Epilogue~ Hollis

Chapter twelve~Owen

1.3K 24 3
By sadscorpio07

Hollis had said yes to being my homecoming date, which I was so relieved about.  We had picked up a pizza and were on our way to her house.

We still hadn't told her mom officially but I'm sure she already knew because of the the subtle hints she keeps dropping at us, plus Esme is after all my mothers best friend.

We pulled up in her driveway and I started unbuckling my seat belt.

"Are we going to tell her tonight?" I asked Hollis.

Hollis looked up at me, "I mean yeah if you want. I doesn't really matter to me because I'm sure she knows." 

"True. We should get it over with then. Tell her it really nonchalantly as if its nothing." I suggested.

"Yeah that sounds good." She replied to me.

We got out of the car and I reached out for Hollis's hand and she grinned.

We walked inside the house, still holding hands and we saw Esme and Lynleigh on the couch, they were watching some rom-com.

"Hey. Ooh you brought food." Lynleigh said pausing the movie.

"Yeah we did, for us." Hollis said.

"Damn." Lynleigh replied.

"Sorry Lyn." I told her.

"No biggie." She said eyeing our hands.

Esme seemed to notice too.

"So anything new going on." Esme asked us.

"No not much. We just won the game though,52-34." I replied.

Esme looked disappointed in that answer but nodded, "Nice."

I turned to look at Hollis who had that look in her eyes. That stubborn and she had an idea look.

She turned her head and kissed me. She then walked off to the kitchen area to grab plates.

Esme sat there looking surprised. Probably not by the fact that we're together but for Hollis doing that. I wasn't complaining though.

Lynleigh had an amused look on her face. 

Esme pointed to the two of us.

"Since when is that a thing?" Esme asked.

Hollis smiled and shrugged, "Since Sunday."

"Damnit. Now I owe Bee money. Good for you guys though, just keep the door open now, okay." Esme went on.

I laughed, "That we can do."

"Okay O.  Let's head up." Hollis said grabbing the food, plates and water bottles. 

"Let me grab some of that." I said to her while I grabbed the pizza and plates from her.

She smiled, "Thank youuu."

We walked up the stairs and into Hollis's room. She had changed and improved alot from the last time I had been in here. It was very more Hollis like.

"I like the room, very more you." I commented as we walked in.

"Oh thanks, I did it the night of the party." She said while she cleared a bunch of clothes and homework stuff off the bed.

And laid down and put the pizza box on top of her stomach and patted the space next to her.

I crawled into the bed and laid down beside her. I adjusted the box so it was balancing on top of the box of us.

She laughed, "I dont know why I brought these up here."

She threw the paper plates onto the ground and took a slice of pizza and handed it to me.

"Here. You played good today by the way."

"Thanks Holls. Your routine was pretty good, I cant believe I'm dating the prettiest girl on team, hell the prettiest girl in school." I said to her.

Hollis smiled and said, "Better start believing."

She laid her head on my shoulder and I put my head on hers.

"I need to ask you something super personal and top secret." Hollis asked me.

Uh oh. Who knows where this is going to go.

"Ask away." I said to her.

She smiled and asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Not the type of question that I thought she'd ask.

I thought about it for a second but didn't have much an answer.

"Well honestly I'd love to go pro after college but it isn't that realistic, I have thought about maybe a sports physician or some medical route." I replied to her.

She slightly nodded, "That's really cool O, I never knew you were into that stuff." 

"I never was but over the summer I thought about it more and I want to help people in some way. Have some sort of purpose. What about you though?"

She paused for a second and then answered.

"I know it isn't realistic as well but I'd love to have some type of clothing or fashion brand. Have my own business of something. I've always loved the idea of that but as I get older, I dont know. if its a possibility, you know." She sighed.

"I think you'd be great at that Holls. And if I'm ever some big shot athlete in the future then you wouldnt have to worry about that being realistic." I joked.

She started laughing. " Very good point. Okay you ask me now."

I thought about this for a second and was kind of curious after all.

"If you were to have a kid what would their name be?" I asked her.

She thought about her answers for a second and smiled.

"For a boy I kinda like Jasper and a girl would maybe Maddox. Oooh actually Noah, but not for a boy, I hate on boy. What about you?" She said.

"A boy would be Tadgh. I'll forever love that name and for a girl, Alora." I told her.

"We'll have to add those to a list. Top ten baby names for baby Green-Windess." She joked.

I hugged her, "Oh without a doubt."

She giggled and turned to her side, so she was facing directly at me.

I turned over to my side so I was doing the same.

I looked into her beautiful brown eyes, I still cant believe I'm with someone as amazing and gorgeous as her.

I really liked her and never wanted to lose her.

Hell, I think I might even love her.

She looked at me quizzically, "Owen what are you thinking about?"

I looked at her again and took a breath, "Just thinking about you and how I think I might love you."

I looked at her face and tried to figure out what was going through her head.

"What are you thinking about sunshine?" I asked her.

"Well I was thinking about how good the food was but now I'm thinking you might love me." She responded, trying to hide her smile.

I moved in a little closer to her, "Hollis I do love you. I love you alot actually, its weird because I never felt this way before but I know. I love you Hollis Farah Green"

This time she didn't even bother hiding her big smile, " And I love you Owen."

I moved in and kissed her when I heard that. She loved me.

Our small kiss progressed into more than I thought. Not sex but making out.

She had moved on top of me and we were now kissing more passionately. 

I heard Esme and Lynleigh laughing downstairs and immeditaly tensed up knowing they were down there while we were up here.

I think Hollis heard them too because she slowly moved off of me and laid down beside me again.

"Have I ever told you that your'e a good kisser?" She said to me.

I laughed, " I dont think so."

"Well your'e a good kisser." She giggled.

"Not as good as you though." I responded.

She made a gesture with her hands, "Pshhh."

"Let me just throw something random on to drown them out." She said.

I nodded.

About a minute later, Gilmore Girls started playing in the background. An episode we had already watched though, so I assumed we wouldnt be watching much of it.

"What do you think you want to do for your'e birthday? Its coming up fast." I asked her.

She nodded, "Yeah, december seventh. So like a month. I dont know though, I was going to hang out with the girls but its weird lately. Maybe just a chill night." 

She shrugged and I nodded.

I hated how her friendships were going kately, she deserved so much more.

Annika was nice enough but its been awkward for Hollis and meanwhile Breya is just a straight up bitch to her. I hated to see Hollis upset.

"Well if your'e not doing anything with the girls and if its okay with your'e mom then I want to plan something. I'll sweep you off your feet for the night." I said to her.

She rested her head on my chest. She yawned and said, "That sounds nice."

I kissed her head, "It does."

And then she fell asleep in my arms.

I loved the feeling of holding her in arms. I felt like I was protecting her from the bad things in the world. I felt like it was just the two of us in the world. I couldn't wait for the future and to wake up and fall sleep with her in my arms every morning.

About twenty minutes after she fell asleep, Esme came upstairs and stopped in the doorway.

She smiled, "You can stay the night if you want Owen. Your mom gave me the okay."

I nodded, "Thanks Esme."

I started getting up, trying not to walk up Hollis. I figured I had to sleep on the couch if it meant I was staying over.

She shook her head, "Owen its fine. You can sleep in here."

I felt a bit of shock and relief. She trusted me to spend the night in her daughters room.

"Night Owen." She said to me.

"Good night Esme." I replied.

And that's when she shut the door all the way.

Hey guys, sorry that chapter was so short. I havent updated in a few days and wanted to put a short + sweet update out :)

         Anyway, I want to again thank you guy for reading and ask yall to comment any suggestions, predictions or name/character suggestions (I'm always open to new ideas from yall) Also follow and vote on the chapter!

Hope you guys liked this update!

xoxo sophie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 430 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
4.7M 119K 40
Luke has been in love with his best friend, Taylor, for too long now and it's getting difficult to be around him. He knows it's time to move on and f...
29K 1.6K 16
**READ AMBER & HER BALLER FIRST** Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same ~ Emily Bronte Catherine: At nearly 17yrs of age, I wasn...
30 1 23
When star soccer player Peyton Rios receives an offer from her first choice college, her senior year starts off exactly as planned... until she uncov...