The Little and the Giant (Ush...

By Jo-chan

It was the absolute rule of the court that he plays on The canon, Ushijima Wakatoshi only needed to be give... More

The Little and The Giant
I: First Meeting
II: Varsity
III: Goliath
IV: Training
V: Rumours
VI: Venting
VII: Gossip
VIII: Preparations (1)
IX: Preparations (2)
X: Demo
XI: Value
XII: Lara Wan
XIII: Chat messages
XIV: Intramurals Date? (1)
XV: Intramurals Date? (2)
XVI: Pros
XVII: Hayashi Rice
XVIII: Photoshoot
XIX: Girlfriends and Boyfriends
XX: Barbeque
XXI: Hanging Tree
XXII: "Normal" Friends
XXIII: New Girlfriend
XXIV: Drinks and Games(1)
XXV: Drinks and Games (2)
XXVI: Drinks and Games (3)
XXVII: Spill
XXVIII: Marks
XXIX: Check
XXX: Misunderstandings
XXXI: Lawrence
XXXII: Tipsy (1)
XXXIII: Tipsy (2)
XXXIV: Tipsy (3)
XXXV: Tipsy (4)
XXXVI: Concrete (1)
XXXVII: Concrete (2)
πŸ¦…XXXVIII: Manager (1)
πŸ¦…XXXIX: Manager (2)
πŸ¦…XL: Manager (3)
πŸ¦…XLI: Boy Talk
πŸ¦…XLII: Crows (1)
πŸ¦…XLIII: Crows (2)
πŸ¦…XLIV: Crows (3)
πŸ¦…XLV: Girls' Volleyball Club (1)
πŸ¦…XLVI: Girls' Volleyball Club (2)
πŸ¦… XLVII: Girls' Volleyball Club (3)
πŸ¦… XLVIII: Sleepover (1)
πŸ¦… XLIX: Sleepover (2)
πŸ¦… L: Sleepover (3)
πŸ¦… LI: Ballgirl (1)
πŸ¦… LII: Ballgirl (2)
πŸ¦… LIII: Ballgirl (3)
πŸ¦… LIV: Dreams (1)
πŸ¦… LV: (Wet) Dreams (2)
πŸ¦… LVI: (Wet) Dreams (3)
πŸ¦… LVII: Recon (1)
πŸ¦… LIX: Recon (3)
πŸ¦… LX: Marked
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (2)
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (3)
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (4)
πŸ¦… LXI: Sub (1)
πŸ¦… LXII: Sub (2)
πŸ¦… LXIII: Sub (3)
πŸ¦… LXIV: A Starting Point
πŸ¦… LXV: Wall
πŸ¦… LXVI: Ruler
πŸ¦… LXVII: Search (1)
πŸ¦… LXVIII: Search (2)
πŸ¦… LXIX: Hidden Boss (1)
πŸ¦… LXX: Hidden Boss (2)
πŸ¦… LXXI: Hidden Boss (3)
πŸ¦… LXXII: Hidden Boss (4)
πŸ¦… LXXIII: Hidden Boss (5)
πŸ¦… LXXIV: Hidden Boss (6)
πŸ¦… LXXV: Boss Reveal (1)
πŸ¦… LXXVI: Boss Reveal (2)
πŸ¦… LXXVII: Trainer (1)
πŸ¦… LXXVIII: Trainer (2)
πŸ¦… LXXIX: Fly (1)
πŸ¦… LXXX: Fly (2)
πŸ¦… LXXXI: Fly (3)
πŸ¦… LXXXII: Change
πŸ¦… LXXXIII: Prelude
πŸŽ† LXXXIV: Memories (1)
πŸŽ† LXXXV: Memories (2)
πŸŽ† LXXXVI: Dead Stars
πŸŽ† LXXXVII: Inability
πŸŽ† LXXXVIII: Spring
πŸŽ† LXXXIX: Shackles
πŸŽ† XC: Date ✿
πŸŽ† XCI: Date (2) ✿
πŸŽ† XCII: Moon Lady
πŸŽ† XCIII: Bloom
πŸŽ† XCIV: Spring blossoms
πŸŽ† XCV: Gratitude

πŸ¦… LVIII: Recon (2)

8.2K 353 80
By Jo-chan

It was the third day of the camp, a last call for all late-comers on the training camp. Contrary to most training camps where the matches are held on the last day, this training camp held things a little differently, since the real matches will start tomorrow. 

Various teams will be teamed up against another, regardless of their age, gender, and schools. It was anything goes, hence, why it was called a mock tournament.

It was great opportunity for any volleyball maniac since the variety of participants would be great source of information and experience.

Especially in this current camp, since a pro player was invited.

You try to remember the particulars as Yachi tells you earlier of these details. Goliath didn't tell you the exact details about the camp and as much as you would like to ask him, you clearly couldn't face him right now or even talk to him without heavily blushing. 

So you settled with having your good friend, Hitoka-chan tell you about these details. Apparently they were changing things up a bit since the participants were more than what they could handle. Judging from the pouring of new faces inside the school, they'll probably reach all the way till evening from the number of participants. Though the tournament wasn't what you were interested in.

You were interested on the fifth day. 

On the last day, a shuffle will be held— players will be paired up randomly. 

And it looked hella fun. To watch of course.

But yeah, the current state of the training camp was problematic as people and new faces keep pouring in.

It wasn't great timing for your distracted face either. It made you more oblivious than usual and it was bad news. 

But you've got a lot more things on your plate anyway.

You walk around, holding the drinks in your hands as you make your way back to the gym, unaware that you had been luring a crowd of newcomers.

The Shiratorizawa alumni only grimaced at the site and even more so when they realized how you were oblivious of the whole thing. 

A bunch of college boys were peeking from the gym entrance as they watch you get inside and work. 

"Damn."

"Did you see her???"

"What a beauty."

"I've never seen someone that pretty even in our university."

"And to see someone like that in a highschool of all things. Is the world crazy?"

"Maybe it's fate?"

"Her name. Her name. Go ask her name!"

The former players only closed their eyes at the entire thing. "Whaa- how is she so oblivious with these things?" Tendo complained and the others only nodded in agreement.

"You think beautiful people like that are self-aware of how they're perceived but Clara-chan isn't totally like that." the red head adds with a sigh.

"Makes you wonder how she been living all this time." 

"But Wakatoshi is pretty chill about these things, no?" Tendo suddenly brings up and whispers to the others.

"Wasn't he always like that though?" Reon recalls and the others only nod their heads at the memory. 

Though Ushijima Wakatoshi was probably far more worse before.

He really didn't care or even paid attention to these types of things, since he had been so religious with volleyball.

Even if there was a guy interested on the girl Ushijima's dating before and who was openly flirting with her, he really didn't do anything unless they start being annoying to the point that they could even affect his practice. 

Yes, that was the kind of man Ushijima Wakatoshi was. So him being this chill with the boys flooding and admiring you from afar was rather expected.

And in fact, he really was. Ushijima had lost count of how many boys were following and looking at you ever since you first arrived here. But he really didn't do anything because of this fact. Since there was no way in hell they'll even be able to obstruct his volleyball practice.

As long as your secret admirers and growing fanboys won't be in the way of his practice, he was fine with them.

Until it happened.

"Sh... Should I ask her out?"

And when Ushijima Wakatoshi hears it, he stopped. 

"Wakatoshi-kun?" Tendo asks, wondering about the former ace's sudden halt and change of expression.

The question came from a random boy in the crowd who was clearly far more courageous than his peers.

It was something Ushijima had never heard before either and he knows it was probably said half-jokingly. It was said half-jokingly.

So why was he irritated?

Ushijima Wakatoshi suddenly gave Semi a volleyball, his tone leaving the setter with no option but to comply. 

"Give me a toss." 

And the struck setter only looks at him in surprise before complying, tossing the ball up in the air.

The professional athlete jumped up when he sees the ball up in mid air, the others looking at him as a strange tension suddenly covered the athlete. Then he suddenly slammed the ball down with a cross, the impact of his hand spiking the ball leaving a booming sound across the gym. And that wasn't all of it. To think he actually sent it flying to the direction of the gym entrance. 

It happened in a flash. 

Everyone was suddenly rendered silent. The impact of the ball made the wooden floor almost black and it almost hit the crowd gathering near the door.

The newcomers looked at him, a mixture of panic and fear washing over their face. They were completely taken by surprise and a shiver runs down their spine when they see it.

The former Shiratorizawa ace looked at them with a death glare before he approaches them. 

"Ahh. My bad." the athlete's deep voice said half-heartedly before looking at them again. 

And a cold glint suddenly appears in his eyes as he stares at them as a form of warning. 

"Was that too strong?"

Uwaaa. Ushijima was totally angry.

It was the first time you've seen him like that. And he wants to practice in that condition?

Does he like bear a grudge against you or something?

Hmmm.

You hummed inwardly but you shrugged it off as you suddenly realize. You didn't know how to deal with a Goliath in a bad mood.

You've never seen him be in that bad of a mood before.

Sure, he scowls when you tease him but that was the only thing you've done so far that got close to this.

So you think hard, trying to come up with a way to remove that. That kind of mood is unhealthy too, especially for the large pet that he was.

It's decided then.

You temporarily leave as you prepare for a solution. You only know of one thing that can make someone's mood brighten up— food.

You nod in agreement with your decision. Maybe he'd cool off while you're cooking too.

— 

Ushijima Wakatoshi did not cool off.

It was like an angry, quiet ogre.

Probably a fuming one too. And the Shiratorizawa boys were looking at the super ace with a mixture of awe and fear.

Even the coach was somehow complaining. Up to the point where the old man told the alumni to do something about it.

But how do they even appease this raging bull?

"Semi Semi!" Tendo suddenly says to their setter who nods before running off. They somehow know of the perfect solution for this. 

"What?" You asked him as you finish up. Goliath's teammate had suddenly barged in on the kitchen doors as if his life depended on the line and you could only look at him, slightly concerned with what's going on with him.

"Ahh. Can you... Come with me for a while?" The setter asks hesitantly and you blinked when you realized what the fuss was about when you entered the gym once again.

Ushijima Wakatoshi's heavy spikes reverberates in the gym. He was playing with a scowl on his face and even if it was break time.

Whaaa. He's so angry. Will food really work if he's in this bad of a mood? You try to rethink of some possible solution. 

But he stops short when he sees you and he actually approaches you. 

Uweeee. Is he picking a fight now?

It was rather tense as he was somehow just staring intently at you for some reason. But of course you were a tough little thing so you also stared back. Then Semi suddenly pushed you closer to the athlete's direction.

The others watch as the athlete catches you by holding both your shoulders, his expression changing. 

And a collective agreement appeared inside the audience's head.

"Ahh. He's back to normal."

"I knew it!"

"As expected of Clara-chan!"

"Is something wrong?" You ask as you look up at him. His brows furrowed as he tried to ask hesitantly in a low voice.  

"Where..." his voice trails off and you realize.

Ohh. He was wondering where you were. 

You suddenly gave him a big smile. "I made snacks for us!" You beamed.

"...Are you okay?" he suddenly asks after you he calms down and you nod. But why wouldn't you be okay? You could only blink at the implication.

And shouldn't you ask him that instead?

"There are a lot more people than I thought." He starts off and you get the message.

Ahhh. He must be worried about you.

You grinned as you look at him. "That's okay. A lot of people means a lot of players to play against, right?" You say and he thinks about it before he nods.

"Ahh and you're looking after me too so it's fine." You say, not noticing the subtle change in his expression as you fix the boxes of food you made for him.

"Here you go." You say as you prop down on the bench. He sits still like a gradeschooler after, trying to be proper and you giggled as you pat his head.

This was such a contrast to how bad his mood was earlier and you closed your eyes as your realized.

Food really does brighten anyone's bad mood, you made a smug expression at your victorious guess.

"Is he a spoiled kid or something?" 

"Clara-chan is spoiling him too much."

The alumni only talked among themselves as they watch the view from afar. And at the same time, a player who had light colored hair suddenly rushed to the gym, his hand slamming it open.

"Ahh!" The alumni instantly recognized the newcomer. From the uneven parting of that copper-colored hair to that familiar scowl, it was another certified Ushijima Wakatoshi fanboy.

"SHIRABU!" They greeted him.

"W-Who is..." The setter pants and breathes heavily, clearly rushing here before he looks at them with a glare.

"Huh?" his seniors could only step back with the sudden barrage of glares.

"THIS." Shirabu Kenjiro almost shouts, pointing at the photo Semi sent to the alumni group chat. 

"Who is this!" His mouth formed a thin line.

Ahhh.

So that's why he came.

— 

A/N: Late update because i was hella busy with acads ahahah. I was supposed to write and update yesterday but I was dead ass drinking until 5 in the morning so yeah AHAHAHAHA

I read how some of you were requesting for spicy content for the holidays but the canon spicy content is unfortunately quite a bit of chapters away ahuu. So instead, I will be posting a Yakuza Omegaverse AU of this fic for the holidays. And yes, it is R18 lmao. Still debating if I'll make it a one shot chapter or a short story like my atsumu fic. But I will decide depending on your comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 20.8K 74
️️⭐️1st Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [for canon/OC pairing] Category⭐️ "The crystal is clear and no one notices it, but when it fi...
62.5K 1.6K 34
*COVER CREDS: demigodextraordinare Akira Kuroo had been living on her own during her last year of university with only the support of her brother. Be...
287K 7.9K 26
βπ†πŽπƒ, π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 π’πŽ π…π”π‚πŠπˆππ† ππ‘π„π“π“π˜ 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 π˜πŽπ” π‚π‘π˜.❞ β•°β”ˆβ”€βž€ π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™ π˜Όπ™ π™–π™–π™¨π™π™ž 𝙨π™ͺπ™œπ™œπ™šπ™¨π™©π™¨ π™¨π™€π™’π™šπ™©π™π™žπ™£οΏ½...