Naseeb

By Halimat_Sansa

Dive into the intriguing story of two strangers from northern Nigeria, united in an arranged marriage, with u... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Chapter Twenty - Five
Chapter Twenty - Six
Chapter Twenty - Seven
Chapter Twenty - Eight
Twenty - Nine
Epilogue
Authors Note
Appreciation Message

Chapter Nineteen

381 42 0
By Halimat_Sansa

Abba's P. O. V.

As i rushed out of Khalifas house, he and his wife ran to meet me outside asking what the problem is, an unknown sweat came rushing through my forehead and body, i told Khalifa the reason of my actions, Khalifa insist he drive, which i agreed as we drove out of the house, i called Fatimas phone the man who called answered, he said she was rushed to a hospital he told me the name of the hospital which i told Khalifa, he drove us all to the hospital, i called the man back and  ask him to wait for us at the entrance which he agreed, we reached the hospital.

I didn't wait for Khalifa to park well i rushed out of the car to meet the man, he took us to the nurse who explained that the doctors are still treating her and we should be patient, the man gave me Fatimas properties which they could retrieve, i was really nervous what will i tell my parent, how did this happen, while pacing through the hospital corridor, Khalifa placed his hand on my shoulder and ask me to sit, he said calm down Abbas everything will be alright, i looked at him and said are you sure Khalifa, he smiled and said Insha Allah just keep praying for her, i nodded and was making some Duas when i saw Surajo limping and looking around, immediately he saw me he rushed to our place.

We greeted and i was shock he drove her he explained everything, where they went and how the accident happen he kept apologizing, i sighed told him to stop apologizing it isn't his fault besides he also has few bruises on his hand and face a stitched wound on his leg, i ask him to go home and take some rest any new development i will let him know, he smiled and said Nagode Oga Nagode.

While escorting him to the exit he told me he reported the case to the police, they said they will follow it up, i thank him and bade him bye, i got back in to see a nurse rushing out of the emergency room shouting i approached her and thought she could tell me about Fatimas condition she asked who i was, i replied am her husband she sighs and said keep praying for her, we are all trying our best to save her and she left, i sat back on the chair near me, Amrah said inna lilahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, i looked at her and shake my head she said ya Abbas please try calling her parent or yours so they will know what's going on, Khalifa said i agree with her, i was scared but i still called my parent and Fatimas, they both prayed and said any developments i should call them, we waited for hours that seems to be like forever.

The doctors came out and one of them approached us and said she's a fighter she survives it, i made a Sujud we ask if we can see her before you go the doctor said there's something i want to tell you, Khalifa asked which is doc, the doctor replied before they rushed her here she was unconscious and after the operation she is still unconscious due to dislocation she had in her leg and some few scratches or injuries in her hands, am afraid we can't say she's in coma yet until the analgesic wears off then we can determine that, i was dumb i could not say a word, it was Amrah who drag me and said let's go see her, we got into the room and there she was lying down unconscious a cast on her leg.

She doesn't deserve this i said Khalifa sighed, we stayed in the room, Amrah asked if she could go to my house and take some things Fatima might need, i bluntly refused telling her i will go take it myself, Khalifa and Amrah stood by me till late in the night, Khalifa said they are leaving, i accompany them to the car we bade each other and i thanked them, while going back to the ward i received a call from mom saying they are already at bauchi, i was wondering how fast she asked if am still on the line, i said yes she asked for the name of the hospital which i told her, she asked again if the hospital is private or government i said private, i ask her why all this questions mom, she replied so we will know if it's appropriate to visit, i sighed and said its private you can visit at any time, she said okay we are almost there.

Within 45mins they called saying they are at the door of the ward, i stood up open the door saw mom, ya Salim(Fatimas brother) and zahra, i ushered them in, mom started crying and chanting Inna lilahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, her brother was making some Duas for Fatima when a nurse came in saying sir it's 11pm and our patient needs to change do you have her cloth, i replied i have to go get them she said please do, i  gave zahra my car key saying she should go get them when mom asked me to go, i disagree and said zahra should go, she encourage me saying they would be here for Fati, i got home and met a worried rabbi she said she didn't see Fatima, Surajo and i also, and she ran out of airtime, i broke the news to her and she was really sad.

She started crying, i told her to clean her tears that everything will be alright, i asked her to prepare some food make some hot water so i can take back to the hospital, i was really fast i even can't believe how i manage to take care of myself in a short period of time, i step into Fatimas room for the very first time, it was well designed neatly arranged, i started searching for her cloth and i couldn't place where she kept all her things, i had to call rabbi for help with her everything was easy, i took some of her free cloths toiletries and hijab, i and rabbi packed the things to the car before leaving i told rabbi mom, zahra and ya Salim will be coming home, she should make sure they eat before they head to bed, i promise to call her if need be, she prayed for me and Fatima, i got to the hospital with everything and called the nurse let her know am back, she asked mom, zahra and ya Salim to excuse us so we can both change Fatima, i told her to let mom and her do the changing if it's okay by her, she said it's fine, i zahra and ya Salim left the room to the waiting area, i heard zahra telling me the girls i.e. her friends are saying hi, they are praying for Fatima, after some while the nurse asked us to come in, we entered the room i checked the time 11;30pm, i asked them to go home, they all disagree i convinced them, they agreed so i gave them my car key, which ya Salim agreed to drive them home, i got back to the room and sat close to Fatima.

I started thinking why am so caring and concerned, i shrugged and said anyone will care for someone in this situation, i was so disturbed hoping she would just wake up, with this thought, i slept off by the side of the bed i was woken by the sound of the door screeching, i sat up it was Khalifa after greeting he asked if i had prayed, i said no i haven't i don't even know when i slept off, Khalifa stayed with her while i go to the mosque to pray, i don't know why i found myself putting Fatima in all my Duas, i got to the ward and notice a strange sound i looked at Khalifa and we saw one of the equipment attached to Fatimas body was actually the one making the sound, we both rushed out to call the doctor or nurse attention, they came in quickly and asked us to excuse them as there were checking her.

I leaned on the wall and didn't realised how i started slipping down gently, i found myself on the floor crying that's when i finally realised that i couldnt keep it in, Khalifa bent down and asked me to pour it out while still crying, zahra, mom and ya Salim came in, they asked what happen Khalifa explained to them and everyone became worried and scared few minutes later the doctors came out and i was still on the floor, mom and others rushed to the doctor to ask of her condition.

He said the operation on the dislocation was successful but the analgesic didn't meet with her body system, so she is in a critical condition so she needs your prayer, after the doctor dropped the news everything stopped for a minute, i started thinking if Fatima will survive it, then i started crying the more, my mom looked at me and said Abbas this is not what you need, she needs your prayer, zahra always being naughty in all situations said lover boy ka tashi go pray for her, then i stood up wiped away my tears my phone starts ringing i checked the caller and saw it's Fatimas parent asking for any improvement and i told them the situation on ground, Khalifa asked we go pray Zuhr, i didn't realize that time was moving fast, after praying we got back to the room and zahra told me that the doctors came while we were away and i asked what they said she smiled and said your Duas are answered, the doctors said she's responding to treatment, i was smiling, Khalifa said Alhamdulillah, i made a Sujud it's like a burden has been lifted from my heart, the door to the room opened, it's rabbi she greeted everyone and asked of her health, we told her she was happy she said she brought lunch for everyone, mom said we all shouldn't eat in the room, she noticed a cafeteria close-by we all should go eat there, while she would wait and eating hers in the room, we all went to the cafeteria i and Khalifa grabbed a table, zahra and rabbi also took a table, while we were eating Khalifa looked at me and said how are you, i sighed and said sincerely i was not fine but now am getting better.

Khalifa laughed and said hmm Abbas i glared at him and said what's the meaning of hmm Abbas, he said Abbas you are in love with this lady, that was the very first time the flashback of my words and actions came flashing through my mind, i sighed and told Khalifa i don't even know i have a seed of feeling for Fatima if not this moment, Khalifa laughed and said big boy you said no girl ca- i cut him by saying must you bring the past back that's my past we both laughed.

Khalifa sighed and said i hope she survives it so you both can share beautiful moments together as husband and wife which you refuse to accept, we are through with lunch rabbi was packing the plates and other things, when Amrah showed up she said Oh am late you guys had lunch already, i replied no problem Amrah we could still take it as appetizer later on, she asked of Fatima well-being which i told her she prayed for her, we went back to the hospital, the doctors came in saying we all shouldn't be much in the room the patient needs space, we started swapping till around Maghrib time.

Ya Salim came in he excused himself because he has some important things to run, they are not as important as his sister's life but he was rest assured that people are with his sister, Khalifa and his wife left after praying Maghrib, mom and zahra also left, i and ya Salim was left in the hospital, ya Salim asked i go home to take some rest while he take over i refused, i told him i can only go freshen up and come back to my lovely wife, ya Salim pleaded and finally agreed to my term.

I got home  mom ask i take a nap, i told there's no rest for me until when Fatima is home then my mind can be at rest, 15minutes later i was back on track, on my way to the hospital ya Salim left immediately i got there, i slept off on the chair truly it isn't easy, very early the next morning i was still asleep, i placed my hand on Fatimas hand when i felt a slight move in her fingers, i was trying to be awake so i thought i was hallucinating, the same thing happened when i was fully awake.

I rushed out to call the nurse and doctor on duty, they check her and ask i excuse them, later on i was ushered in everyone was smiling, the doctor kept congratulating me, i walked into the room and met Fatima sitting with the assistance of a pillow behind her back, her eyes were looking at me the joy in my heart had no bound, i rushed to her and said Fatima how are you, she whispered fine i want to confirm her memory,  i asked who am I?, she looked and said Abbas what's wrong with you, i realized she's perfectly fine, i did Sujud and Kept praising God, i called everyone at home and broke the news, they were happy and said they would be on their way, i call her parent and broke the news to them, i called Khalifa and told him............

Nagode Oga: thank you boss/oga.

Ka Tashi: is a Hausa that translates to stand up or rise.

Sujud; an Islamic word for prostration in prayers.

Don't forget to click the star 🌟 button and also comment also do tell a frnd to tell a frnd thanks as u do so I really appreciate 😍 ♥

©Halimat Sansa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 1.7K 61
Disquiet can only be extinguished when there is forlorn hope. In a world where two people were destined to be,the scars and wound leaving a huge impa...
15.8K 953 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
86.4K 21.1K 55
Copyright©2021. All Rights Reserved. "You don't realize how much you want something until you dream of it every night" ...
20.2K 2.5K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...