The Flash Season 5: Snow Alle...

By venus_tene

after an unexpected guest from the future appears at their home, Nora Snow Allen Is Barry and Sarah's speedst... More

Chapter 1 - Nora Snow Allen
Chapter 2 - Blocked
Chapter 3 - The death of Vibe
Chapter 4 - News Flash
Chapter 5 - All Doll'd Up
Chapter 6 - The Icicle Cometh
Chapter 7 - O Come All Ye Thankful
Chapter 8 - What's Past Is Prologue
Chapter 9 - The Flash & The Furious
Chapter 10 - Seeing Red
Chapter 11 - Memorabilia
Chapter 12 - King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd
Chapter 14 - Time Bomb
Chapter 15 - Godspeed
Chapter 16 - Snow Pack
Chapter 17 - Gone Rogue
Chapter 18 - The Girl With the Red Lightning
Chapter 19 - Legacy

Chapter 13 - Failure is an Orphan

151 2 1
By venus_tene

Sarah's POV

Barry and I walk into the cortex to find Nora talking to the team about Cicada.

Okay, people, think! We haven't seen Cicada since the rooftop fight, which means the only way to track him down is to figure out who his next meta-human target's gonna be. Have we double checked every bank robbery, every lab break-in?" Nora explained it to us.

Yes, yes! We have looked at all of that, all right? And all the criminals that are in custody are simply mere mortals." Sherloque said.

What about the ones on the street?" Nora asked.

Frost says that no new metas have shown up since Norvock went into witsec." Caitlin told us.

Are the satellites tracking for dark matter or meta-gene bursts or Element X?" Nora asked.

Yes, yes, and yes. They're scanning for everything.
Cisco looks at Barry and I. Congratulations, you raised a menace." Cisco said.

Your daughter, so energetic."  Sherloque told us.

This is pretty impressive." Barry chuckles softly 'Um, and I know with the cure working, we're all ready to put Cicada to rest, but I'm sure he'll resurface soon.

And then you're going to give him the chance to take the meta-human cure?" Nora asked.

I nodded. 'Yes, exactly. Even Dwyer deserves a choice, we just got to convince him to do the right thing."

Are you guys ready? This is gonna be one of the biggest challenges of your career as heroes. Do you know what you're going to say?" Nora asked.

Yup."

Oh, yeah you know, yeah. I've...I've got some loose thoughts." Barry simply added.

Oh, great. Well, that instills all of us with confidence, right? Loose thoughts? What are you going to say? "Hey, most bloodthirsty enemy! Stop." Sherloque explained.

Guys, it worked for Marlize...Maybe not so much for Savitar, but..." I asked,

I will figure out what to say to him, all right? I got this." Barry answered.

I know you do, Dad...Which is why we need to try everything to try and find him. Okay? Maybe we should go on patrol?" Nora commented.

Patrol, you say? What this is, World War II?" Sherloque asked.

Do you think it's a meta-human?" Nora asked.

Probably. You should..." Sherloque says as he imitates a zapping sound.

It might be." Iris says.

We should check it out." Nora told us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Barry and I reveal that there's a new drink dedicated to XS. Nora gasps as she sees the drink.

Feast your eyes on the newest addition to the Jitters menu." Barry smiled.

The XS-presso."I told her, smiling.

I got my own drink!" Nora squeals

It's pretty schway, right?" I said.

Think of what could be next. An XS action figure? XS Day?" Barry said.

Guys, you are embarrassing me." Nora smiled.

We're just really excited. I mean, we still haven't even gone on a trip together or try to make Grandma Esther's famous sweet potato pie recipe that Iris gave me." I explained.

Did you put karaoke on the list like I asked?" Barry asked me.

I think so, actually." I told my husband as I looks at a list in her phone.

Just a sec...Let me see this."  Nora asked me, I hands Nora the phone and she takes a look at ur list.

Okay, there are so many things on this list." Nora says as she hands the phone back.

Well, I mean, we've got time." I responded, Barry and I get an alert their phone.

Okay, is that a real alert or another fake one?" Nora asked.

No, this one's real. M-20 at CCU, Chemistry Department." Barry said.

A meta attack."

Yeah, let's go. Come on."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Third person's POV

Minutes later, they arrive there to see a Meta taking a chemicals and drinking it.

Been a while since high school chem, but that does not look like proper lab safety." Barry said.

I need this! Leave me alone!" He said.

The meta, Philip Master, unleashes a blast of acid after drinking chemicals.

Barry puts sodium bicarbonate on his hands to neutralize the acid.

Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes any acid." Barry says.

You have the cuffs?" Nora asked.

But then Master burns through it and escapes when he blasts acid at them,making them take cover.

Let's go get him." Barry said.

Nora recognizes Master's burn trail from Eobard's news file and realizes that he was there when Flash fought Cicada...meaning it's the day that Flash and Sonic stop the supervillain.

We don't need to." Nora says.

What?" Barry asked.

Look at this burn mark.That acid guy, He must've been there when the photo was taken."Nora said.

What are you talking about?" Barry asked.

Dad, today's the day you stop Cicada." Nora told him.

Back at STAR Labs, Nora tells everyone that today they are gonna stop Cicada.

whoa, whoa. Slow down. Say that again?" Iris asked.

There's a photo, it's in The Flash and Sonic museum, of Flash,Sonic and Cicada the last time they were ever seen confronting each other in public, and in the photo, by Flash's feet, the exact same burn mark left by the meta that we just fought." Nora explained.

This acid meta was at their final confrontation?" Cailtin said.

He must be Cicada's final target." Cisco says.

His final target before I vanish and he starts killing again." Barry replied.

Why is Nora just telling us about this crucial meta now?" Sherloque asked.

Because a lot of the stuff from my timeline is unreliable. You know, uh, different metas, different victims, different circumstances." Nora said.

But this time, everything's exactly the same." Caitlin asked her.

So far. If Cicada goes after this acid meta, that means that today's the last day we're going to confront him." Nora said.

And our last chance to stop him." Sherloque simply added.

Yeah, all right, well, then, I gotta figure out exactly what I'm gonna say to him." Barry responded.

You'll find the words, Dad. I'll help you." Nora said.

And I am going to start working on facial rec for this Acid Master. Yup, that's what I'm going with. Always trust your gut, kids." Cisco says as he leaves.

And we'll figure out a way for you to talk to Cicada without him killing you." Caitlin quickly answered.

Once the others leave on their various tasks,It's just Sarah Iris and Sherloque alone in the cortex.

Well if it all works out, then looks like today could be the end of our journey." Sherloque simply said.

Yeah." Iris said.

And I guess everyone starts moving on." Sarah said sadly

Iris goes after Nora.

Nora." Sarah called out.

Oh, hey, Mom. Um, look, I've really gotta hurry and go help Dad." Nora said.

Yeah, I know, it's just I guess you might be going home tomorrow." Sarah told her.

Yeah, I guess so. Um, mission accomplished." Nora said.

Well, if you two need a break after a while, my dad taught me. the famous West family right hook." Iris explained.

Yeah, we would love to teach you." Sarah says.

Nora zones out as she gets an idea.

Nora?" Iris called out.

Sorry, uh, sorry, Mom, aunt Iris. I just, uh, thought of something that's going to help Dad I got to go." Nora said as she speeds off.

Meanwhile, Joe and Cecile go to the hospital and Cecile is eager for them to partner up.

In the speed lab at Star Labs.....

Sarah is leaning against the railing as Barry plays with his wedding ring.

Okay, the clock's ticking, and we have no clue how to convince Cicada to take the cure, but we still have our best weapon." Nora said as she holds up her journal.

Your journal." Sarah asked.

Your legacy. One of the biggest things history remembers about The Flash are abilities to change people's hearts and minds, especially your enemy's, and I have dozens of entries about those times." Nora explained.

Any chance you've got the future words we say to Cicada in there?" Barry asked.

Nope, but I have your past words. Magenta, she wanted to drop an oil tanker on a hospital, but you both convinced her she was a good person. You said, "Use that good to beat the bad." Nora said.

Magenta had split personalities. She literally had a good side and a bad side." Barry told her.

Yeah, he's right. That's not gonna work with Cicada." Sarah said.

Leonard Snart, he said he didn't want to be saved and you still found a way to convince him to save himself."There's a part of you that knows you don't have to let your past define you." Nora said.

Except Snart had already worked with us at that point." Barry says.

Dad dared Killer Ice to kill him." Nora simply said. 'Come on, live up to your name, Killer Frost and Killer Ice what did they do?"

Nora." Sarah said.

Amunet, Plastique, the list goes on and on." Nora says.

Nora, all all of these times are are different. Cicada doesn't even care if he lives when this is over." Barry said.

He has a point. What are we supposed to say that he'll care about?" Sarah asked.

You'll know. The Flash always knows." Nora said.

Meanwhile,Sherloque continues translating Nora's journal as Caitlin and Cisco come into the room.

So, when you think about it an anti-dampening array is the way to stop him in his tracks." Cisco answered.

Sherloque quickly hides the translations on the computer.

Sherloque, are you happy to be going home soon?" Caitlin asked.

Of course I'm happy to go back. I just feel that somehow there's more work to be done here."Said Sherloque said.

I think he's, uh, talking about his lady friend. You know, I have a bit of experience with these, uh, long-distance relationships. Cisco responded as He holds up a box. I got one word for you: holo-cube. These things work wonders.

And I request that you stop speaking possibly forever. I can deduce from your conversation when you came in that you have indeed tracked down Cicada's next target but do need help facilitating the conversation between Cicada,The Flash. Correct? Yes? Oh, good. Come with me and I will give you the solution." Sherloque explained.

When did you figure it out?" Sarah asked.

I will miss you both very much. But you will miss me more! Allez!" Sherloque shrugs as he walks out of the room.

Later at night, Cicada is pursuing Master, aka "Acid Master".

Philip Master!" Cicada said.

Master throws acid at Cicada but it gets blocked then continues running away from Cicada.

Then as Cicada turns the corner,he thinks he's caught Master, but Killer Frost takes Acid Master's place and substitutes herself for Acid Master, she blasts Cicada to the ground. She then freezes his dagger on a wall.

We good?" Killer Frost asked into her ear piece.

In the cortex...

Yes, Philip Master is secure in the pipeline." Iris said.

Wait, Acid Master's real name is Philip Master?" Cisco asked.

This is it. Just like in the photo. Nora said. 'The last confrontation between Flash, and Cicada.

Back in the alley.

Oh, what's the matter? You don't have one of these? She holds up a extrapolator. Bye-bye. Killer Frost said as She then uses the extrapolator and breaches away.

Cicada tries to run after but it was too late.

Barry arrive.

Cicada!" Barry shouted

Cicada turns to face them.

In the cortex.

How long do they have?" Nora asked.

They have to hold that dagger for 60 seconds, maybe less. Flash better figure out what he's going to say fast." Killer Frost said.

He will. I know he will." Nora said.

With Barry.

We don't want to fight. We have a cure." Barry said.

What are you talking about?" Cicada asked.

We have a way to cure meta-humans. We have a way to take their powers away." Barry said.

And why would I agree to do that?" Cicada asked.

Barry thinks for a sec. Your legacy. We know how this ends. You keep killing, and you're remembered as a monster, not a hero. But we can change that together, you can have a different legacy." Barry explained.

Cicada knocks Barry away.. He lands on top of a hood of a car, while lands next to it.

I don't give a damn about my legacy." Cicada said.

He summons his dagger back to his hand, and Killer Ice arrives and blasts him.

Then Cicada flies away, evading her.

In the cortex, everyone is in shock..

Nora has a scared worried look on her face. 'That was it. That was our last chance." Nora said.

Barry regroup with the team.

We ran citywide facial recognition scans..." Caitlin said.

And scanned for dark matter signals from Cicada's dagger." Iris says.

That was our last shot at confronting Cicada." Barry says.

We don't know that. We're changing the timeline. That photo that Nora saw at the Flash museum, it could be different now." Sarah explained.

Maybe it doesn't even exist." Caitlin replied.

Sherloque quotes from Nora's journal. "After all the timeline is malleable." He said.

I just don't understand why our plan didn't work." Nora asked.

Yeah, you guys did everything right. The only reason it didn't work is because I couldn't convince him." Barry said.

Dad, you're the Flash. When the Flash speaks honestly from his heart, people listen." Nora answered.

Not all people. Let's keep searching. I'm gonna check the Cicada files at CCPD. See if I missed anything." Barry says as he speeds away.

Nora sighs.

Nora." Sarah said.

We just we just need to create another window of opportunity, okay? Dad couldn't convince Cicada to take the cure. He just he just needs to find the right words." Nora said as she speeds off as well.

Moments later at CCPD, Joe finds Barry in his lab.

Bare. What are you doing here so late?" Joe asked.

We hit a wall at S.T.A.R. Labs tracking Cicada. Thought a change of scenery would help, but..." Barry said.

Keep your head up, man. We'll find him. We always do." Joe says.

Honestly, I'm more worried about what happens when we do. Our whole plan depends on me and being able to convince Dwyer to just take the cure. The last time I tried.. Barry laughs softly. 'I don't think I've ever struck out so hard." Barry explained.

Wow, that's saying a lot considering your track record at the plate." Joe told him. 'Wait, what exactly did you say to him?"

That he was creating a legacy of fear, one that would go down in history, but that we could work together to change that." Barry said.

Joe chuckles softly. 'That sounds like something the Flash would say.

Well, I am the Flash." Barry said.

Joe nodded. 'Look, that man's a zealot. He sees you in that suit and all he sees is the thing he hates. Meta-human, superpowers, the thing that took his niece away from him. He can't see past the Flash, but what he doesn't know There's a whole lot more to you than that. Be more Barry Allen. Human."

Yeah, you're right. Thanks. I'm gonna dive back in. I'll let you get back to running down Ambres." Barry told him.

Actually me and Cecile ran into a wall ourselves. We are uh, she like working together." Joe says. 'I mean, ever since she got her powers, it's like she's a human lie detector."

How is that a bad thing?" Barry asked.

You know I've always prided myself on being able to read people, right? But Cecile and these powers, I mean, she puts me to shame." Joe said.

Barry nodded and sighed. 'Well, you just got to remember that you guys are a team. That makes her strengths your strengths and yours hers. So if you let her do what she's great at, it's only going to create more room for you to do more of what you're great at too, right?"

Well, damn. You're getting real good at these pep talks, Bare." Joe says.

Well, I had a pretty good teacher." Barry said.

Back at Star Labs in the speed lab.

Sarah in and listens to Nora listening to Flash's previous appeal transcripts and trying to make a compilation.

Hey, Nora."Sarah said.

Yeah." Nora said as she continues working.

Do you want to turn that down a little bit?" Sarah asked.

Hmm? Oh, sorry." Nora said as she stops the playback and starts playing attention.

What are you listening to?" Sarah asked.

Sped-up archives of the Flash's comm recordings. I thought that if I listen to his best appeals, I could figure out what exactly worked so well." Nora said.

I see. And did you?" Sarah asked.

No, not yet. But if I run the transcripts through the computer, I can extrapolate recurring key words from his most successful appeals and create a sort of best of speeches speech." Nora explained.

Well, um, why don't you let your dad and I think about that and in the meantime we could go to the rooftop of Jitters." Sarah said. 'It's a great place to clear your mind, plus it's got the best views of the city.

You want to go sightseeing? Right now? What is this from that list of his?" Nora asked.

Well, yeah, but..

All day I've been trying to figure out a way to stop Cicada and all day you've been trying to pull me away. Why are you pushing this list?" Nora said.

I mean, it's just the last time that we may get to spend together. Nora, Sarah says. 'I mean, once all of us stop Cicada, you'll go back to your time. like this together will end.

Mom, it's not gonna end. You'll see me again." Nora asked.

Yeah as a baby, I remember and your gonna grow up with us. I won't ever see you like this again." Sarah told her.

Nora looks at her sadly.

it's okay. Um, I will catch up with you later. I have the talk to think about."Sarah says as she leaves.

Later at CCPD,Joe is waiting outside a interrogation room when Cecile walks up to him.

Joe. What's going on? Why'd you want me to meet you here?" Cecile asked.

Look, I know the last time we tried to work together went a bit south." Joe said.

Oh, a bit?"

You're right. I'm sorry, Cecile. I let my pride get in the way, and I didn't lean on your strengths when I should have. But you know me, I'm not a man who makes the same mistake twice. So..." Joe explained as he points out that Dr. Ambres is in an interrogation room.

Would you do me the honor of joining me in this interrogation? You do what you do best, I'll take care of the rest." Joe said.

Cecile smiles then kiss before going in.

Get 'em, girl." Joe says as he follows Cecile into the interrogation room.

Detective. DA. Dr." Ambres said. 'This is starting to border on harassment. I have told you everything I know."

That's not true." Cecile says.

We know that you've been funneling meds to Orlin Dwyer." Joe told her.

Well, if you knew that, then I'd be arrested and not sitting here." Dr. Ambres answered.

Cecile signals to Joe that she's lying.

Let me correct myself. We have a strong hunch, but I bet if we were to go through the video camera footage from the hospital, we'll find proof that you were assisting Dwyer." Joe said.

I'm a doctor. I mean, why would I condone a vigilante murderer?" Dr. Ambres asked.

Because of what happened to Darius." Joe said.

Cecile senses Ambres's feelings. 'Darius. It hurts you to even think about it." she added.

My fiancé was killed by meta-humans during Zoom's rampage. So, yes, it hurts to think about him." Dr. Ambres explained.

Hurt enough for you to help Dwyer kill other meta-humans? Joe quickly answered. 'Correct me if I'm wrong, you took an oath to do no harm, right? Can you truthfully say you've upheld that oath?"

Cecile senses Ambres's guilt. 'That guilt that you feel right now? She sighed. 'There's a way to make up for it.All you have to do is help us find Orlin."

What, so..so you can put him in jail? Kill him?" Dr. Ambres asked.

No, so we can cure him." Joe says.

It's not possible." Dr. Ambres said.

Maybe not with the medicine you've been giving him." Joe replied. 'but S.T.A.R. Labs has created a treatment that turns metas back into normal human beings."

I can't take you to him." Dr. Ambres said.

Okay, okay, then help us set up a meet. Look, Dr. Ambres, it's clear. Cecile mumbled. 'You've come to truly care for Dwyer. So we're asking you now help us save his life.

Dr. Ambres reluctantly agrees. 'I can make contact, and I can share the location. I have rounds in an hour." she told her. 'And patients that I can save tonight. So am I free to go, please?"

Cecile confirms that the doctor is stalling as she twists her ring.

I love my job. I can stay here all night. And we will, unless you tell us what you're keeping hidden right now." Joe said.

Once they're done, Joe texts Barry then Barry quickly arrives at the station.

Yo, yo. I got your text. You talked to Ambres?" Barry says.

Joe sighed. 'Cecile and I together got through to her. She's going to show us where to find Dwyer."

Joe, that's amazing." Barry said.

Yeah, Ambres told us something else. Dwyer's niece, Grace? She's a meta." Joe says.

They return to STAR Labs and tell the others.

Sherloque speaks French. 'So le petit Dwyer is a meta." He said.

Wait, I thought we scanned Grace for meta powers when Nora entered her brain." Iris asked.

We did but that was back when her DNA was 100% human." Cisco said.

Her powers must have activated in just the last few weeks, right?" Sherloque simply replied.

Yeah, Ambres told Joe that the wound in Grace's head recently started glowing and mutating." Barry simply said.

Now all we need to do is get Dwyer to listen to you, again." Cisco says.

Killer Frost can put him on ice from the neck down." Caitlin simply added.

Better yet, I can re-sequence the Speed Force Bazooka to overload him with negative tachyons." Cisco explained.

Yes. Absolutely." Caitlin said.

So that he's stuck there..." Cisco says.

Sherloque sighed. 'Tachyon, shmack-yon. No, no. La Machine à Mémoire! We could go inside Dwyer's mind." 

They start talking over each other.

Guys..." Barry said.

No, La Machine à Mémoire!" Sherloque says.

Guys, hey! I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think we need to take a different approach. No powers, no crazy plans. The Flash can't convince Cicada to stop this, but maybe we can." Barry said.

Meanwhile, Nora finds Sarah in the lounge, drinking tea.

Hey." Nora said

Hey."

Dad's back. He says Joe's got news about Dwyer." Nora said.

Okay, good. I guess we should get over to the Cortex." Sarah said as she starts to walk away.

You know, I had a list too. Your wedding, Jenna's baby shower, Jitters, The Enlightenment." Nora explained as she sits down.

Sarah sits next to her. 'Those were all the moments in time you wanted to go back and see us?" she told her.

Yeah, so I could have memories and experiences with all of you." Nora said.

Barry arrives and stands back as he listens in.

I get it. I should've been sensitive and I-I'm so sorry." Nora says.

It's okay." Sarah sighed.

No, it's not. I was so focused on making sure the Flash and beat Cicada, I forgot what I was supposed to really be focused on. You and Dad. You're the reason I came back to this time, not fighting big bads or getting my own XS-presso. So that I could spend time with my parents. My family. I don't know how much time we have left together or how much of your list we're going to get done, but from now on, every moment we have left, we're going to make it a memorable one. I promise." Nora explained as They smile at each other before hugging.

Well, I guess we can cross off hugging while drinking tea off our list." Sarah said.

Yeah."

Barry waits then and after they hug, he comes in.

Hey, guys, sorry to interrupt." Barry said.

No, it's fine. We were just..." Sarah says.

We were just talking about Mom's list." Nora said as she smiles.

Um, so I heard Joe has a lead on Dwyer?" We have a location. We should get going over there any minute.
Does Flash know what he's going to say this time" Sarah explained.

Actually, I think together, we should just talk to him, parents to parent." Barry said.

That's a really good idea, Dad." Nora says.

Barry and Sarah smile softly at each other.

Later, Orlin enters his workshop.....

Hey, Doc." Orlin said.

Barry and Sarah approach him.

Dr. Ambres told us where to find you." Sarah said.

Orlin growls

We just want to talk." Barry says.

There's no more talking. Every time one of you metas comes near the rest of us, good people get hurt. This is what you all deserve." Orlin said.

Does that include Grace?" Barry says.

Orlin looks confused.

Ambres hasn't told you. Grace. She's a meta." Sarah asked.

The night the satellite crashed, she was hit with a piece of shrapnel inflected with dark matter. That's that's why she's in a coma, and now it's changing her." Barry explained.

That's a lie." Orlin said.

And that's why Ambres told us where to find you. She's afraid. She's afraid you're going to do the one thing you can't come back from." Barry said.

Orlin shoves them then rams his dagger into the wall between Barry and Sarah's heads.

We know how much you care about Grace. You're trying to make the world a better place for her. She didn't choose to be a meta," Sarah said.

No. I would never hurt Grace." Orlin says.

Then you'd let her grow up in a world of fear." Barry quickly answered. 'Where there's someone out there hurting people like her. The cure, it will heal Grace and you.

Orlin removes the dagger from the wall and backs up.

And why should I believe you two?" Orlin said.

Barry and Sarah look at each other then Barry remove his mask.

Because we're parents too." Sarah says.

Barry sighed. 'Our daughter, we love her more than we ever thought possible. We would do anything to make the world a better place for her. And I think you would too So do it.

Moments later, Sarah and Barry bring Orlin to STAR Labs.

We made an arrangement. We cure him and then Grace." Sarah said.

Okay." Iris sighed.

Why are we here and not at a hospital?" Orlin asked.

We have to be sure that the cure is successful." Barry said.

We created it. We're the ones who know how it works." Cisco answered.

Once administered, the cure will take 60 seconds to eliminate the meta-human powers in your system. That means the wound in your chest will then open. You'll need me to suture it shut so you don't bleed out." Caitlin explained.

Why not Doc Ambres?" Orlin asked.

She's being held for questioning." Iris said.

No, it's Ambres, or we're done." Orlin said.

Barry looks over at Iris, who nods.

All right, we'll get her." Barry says.

If anything goes wrong, or if you're lying to me, I'll kill every last one of you." Orlin asked.

the team get Ambres and then they get ready to cure Orlin.

And we're certain everything in this room is sterile?" Dr. Ambres asked.

Of course. Everything except that." Caitlin said as she gestures to Cicada's dagger.

That thing's not negotiable." Orlin says.

Through the window, next to the med lab Barry, Cecile and Joe are watching.

Cecile is overwhelmed by Orlin's rage, 'That rage of his, it's Joe, I can't. Are you going to stay?" she told him.

Uh, yeah, just in case." Joe said.

Okay. All right, babe."

The kiss briefly.

Good job today." Joe says.

You too. Partner." Cecile said as she leaves.

Barry sighed. 'We never could have done this without you guys.

Well, I'm glad it worked out, but when this is over, he's going to jail, for a long time." Joe said.

Cisco walks into the med lab and brings in the cure.

I'm just supposed to trust that that thing works? Has it gone through any human testing?" Dr. Ambres asked.

It's gone through giant shark testing. It's a long story." Cisco said as he hands the cure to Caitlin and Sarah and stands back.

It's okay, Doc." Orlin said.

I wanted to tell you the truth about Grace. I just couldn't find the words." Dr. Ambres said.

You were just trying to keep her safe. I'll always be thankful for that. See you on the other side." Orlin explained.

Caitlin and Sarah administers anesthetic and they inject the cure. Orlin suddenly goes into convulsions.

His vitals are spiking. How can we tell if the cure is even working?" Dr. Ambres asked.

Oh, it's working." Cisco said.

They look over to see the dagger glowing for a second. Barry's powers return, meaning that Orlin's power is gone.

In the lounge, Sherloque meets with Nora and Iris.

Well It appears your sojourn into the past was a success. Congratulations." Sherloque simply replied.

Thank you. You as well." Nora said.

Yeah, she's right. It's your, 38th Cicada?" Iris simply added.

That's right, yes. 38th Cicada. Trente-huit Cicada. Alley-oop! But, of course, there's some business here that remains unfinished. For instance, how did you know before you saw the burn marks in the photograph that it was a meta-human that would lead us to Cicada?" Sheloque explained.

Cecile comes in. 'They're working on him now. I will be so happy when this is all over with." she said.

Nora nods.

In the med lab as Ambres and Caitlin suture up Orlin's chest wound, the power goes out.

What's going on?" Dr. Ambres asked.

In the other room.

What happened to the power?" Joe asked.

I have no idea." Barry said.

Back in the lounge.

I should check the Med Lab." Nora said.

Cecile gasps as she grabs her head. 'Someone's coming." she said.

Who?" Nora asked.

All of a sudden a figure in the Cicada costume smashes through the lounge window.

Cicada?" Iris said.

Then this new Cicada blasts Nora, Iris and Cecile against the wall, and then blasts Sherloque away when the detective attacks the villain. Cicada walks out, leaving the foursome behind, and Sherloque triggers an alarm.

With the others.....

Where's that coming from? Cisco!" Barry called out.

Hold on!" Cisco said.

Sarah grabs a flashlight and takes off into the med lab.

Sarah." Barry said.

Sarah walks over to Caitlin and Dr. Ambres.

Careful. I can't see anything." Dr. Ambres said

Here."Sarah said. as she goes to provide a light for Ambres to operate by.

Cisco, we need power." Caitlin said

We got a much bigger problem." Cisco says.

Cisco spots Cicada coming toward them in the live secruity feed and shows it to Barry and Joe.

Cicada?" Barry said confused.

How the hell did that happen?" Joe asked.

I don't know, but he's coming here and he looks pissed." Cisco said.

We have to move now." Barry says.

I've got to keep patching him up." Dr. Ambres said.

Stand back."Sarah said.

Caitlin and Sarah summons Killer Frost and Killer ice powers and uses them to temporarily suture the wound temporarily.

There."Sarah /Kiler Ice said.

He's in the hallway." Cisco says.

Get the hell out of here." Sarah /Killer ice said to Dr Ambres.

the team goes to face Cicada, who draws twin blades.

The team opens fire and Cicada deflects the attacks with the blades. Barry throw lightning bolts and Cicada blasts that as well, and then pins them to the wall.

Cicada takes out Joe, Cisco and then Killer Frost. and Killer Ice Satisfied, the villain walks out. The energy bonds holding Barry fade.

Meanwhile,Dr. Ambres is about to get in the elevator with Orlin when the Cicada approaches them.

Who are you? Dr. Ambres asked as she grabs Orlin's dagger. Please, whoever you are. I only came here to make him human again! I helped him!

Cicada telekinetically pulls it out of her hands.

Please! Please don't do this! Dr. Ambres begged.

But it was no use," Cicada walks up to Dr. Ambres and kills her with the dagger.

Later Once he wakes up, Cisco tries to restore the lab power, but only gets the lights working.

Nope. They're all toast." Cisco said.

Well, better the computers than us." Sarah says.

Cecile, Iris and Nora walk into the cortex.

Joe." Cecile said.

Are you two okay?" Joe asked.

Iris nods.

I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm a little bruised, but Everybody else?" Cecile said.

Yeah, we're okay." Sarah said.

Guys, Dr. Ambres didn't make it." Caitlin says.

Barry speeds in. 'There's no sign of them anywhere." he said.

I don't understand what happened. I mean, we got Dwyer, we gave him the cure. If..if Cicada doesn't exist anymore, who was that? Someone worse." Sherloque explained.

Meanwhile...The new Cicada takes the unconscious Orlin to a cabin in the woods.

I've missed you." She said as She removes her mask...revealing that she's the adult Grace.

Uncle Orlin." Grace says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 0 9
On Earth-1, Barry Allen is the Scarlet Speedster. His mother died when he was 11, and his father was sentenced for it. On Earth-1, Barry dealt with a...
43.9K 600 31
Barry has always had feelings for his "dream girl" Iris West, but what happens after he has a special moment with coworker Caitlin Snow? Barry will h...
39.7K 1.1K 36
In this alternate universe specifically Earth 52 Barry Allen gets over his fascination with one Iris West and instead falls in love with the beautifu...
55.9K 1.3K 56
Just as Barry and Iris are about to start their own family, their daughter Nora comes from the future along with a mysterious little girl... Disclaim...