The Flash Season 5: Snow Alle...

By venus_tene

after an unexpected guest from the future appears at their home, Nora Snow Allen Is Barry and Sarah's speedst... More

Chapter 1 - Nora Snow Allen
Chapter 2 - Blocked
Chapter 3 - The death of Vibe
Chapter 4 - News Flash
Chapter 5 - All Doll'd Up
Chapter 6 - The Icicle Cometh
Chapter 7 - O Come All Ye Thankful
Chapter 8 - What's Past Is Prologue
Chapter 10 - Seeing Red
Chapter 11 - Memorabilia
Chapter 12 - King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd
Chapter 13 - Failure is an Orphan
Chapter 14 - Time Bomb
Chapter 15 - Godspeed
Chapter 16 - Snow Pack
Chapter 17 - Gone Rogue
Chapter 18 - The Girl With the Red Lightning
Chapter 19 - Legacy

Chapter 9 - The Flash & The Furious

231 2 0
By venus_tene

Sarah's POV

So we've got some good news and some bad news." Iris said to all of as we were in the Cortex.

I nodded my head. 'The good news is that CCPD is still stationed outside of Grace's room and will remain so until Dwyer's been caught.

But the bad news is, that means Dwyer won't be visiting her again anytime soon." Caitlin says.

And then the worse news is, we have no idea where Cicada could be hiding." Sherloque informed us.

Can't we just track him by the dark energy in his dagger?" Barry asked.

Well, we can but only when he uses it, which, thank god, hasn't been recently." I replied with a sigh.

And he's not showing up on facial recognition?" Barry says.

Unless he decides to make an appearance, we've got zilch." Cisco simply said.

Which reminds me, where the rest of Team Flash is? Where's baby giraffe and young Nora?" Sherloque said with a deep sigh.

Ralph's visiting his mom. He said to call if we need him. And Nora is..." Caitlin asked.

Nora arrives In the Cortex with Barry's suit. 'Right here." She told us. 'I just stopped by the loft to pick up your blue suit. I figured you'd had enough of green."

Hey, I made that green suit work, though." Barry said.

What is, uh, that for again?" Iris asked Nora.

Cecile's first day back to the courtroom and Dad's testimony against Weather Witch." Nora demanded.

I shook my head. 'Joss Jackam's trial is later today.

Yeah, It starts in." Barry looks at his watch. '30 minutes." He says.

Well, since my dad is with Jenna visiting Wally, why don't I come with you guys and help support Cecile?" Iris explained.

Yeah. When are they coming back, by the way? They've been gone forever." Barry added, explaining it simpler.

Uh, he's not sure. After having a psychopath break into his home, Iris told Barry. "I don't think he's in any rush to bring a newborn back to Central City. Besides, Cecile has a lot on her plate with this being her first day back at work.

I can't wait to see Weather Witch get what she deserves." Nora said.

Once Barry, Iris, and Nora leave, then I walks over to Cisco. " Hey, you ready to get those shards out of your hands? I asked Cisco.

Hell yes! I haven't been able to play PS4 properly for weeks." Cisco said.

I'll see you in there." I answered, before leaving the Cortex.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cisco, Caitlin and I were in the med in The Cortex and I takes the shards out of Cisco's hand.

Gotcha. All right, almost done. Micro-scale surgery is not the easiest." I told him the couple with a nod.

Is that why you missed these the first time?" Cisco  trailed off.

Hey, now!" Caitlin said, cutting him off. Cisco grunts as I pulls out another shard out of his hand.

All right, there you go. Your hands are officially dagger shard free." I said with a nod.

Hallelu." Cisco replied.

One more thing." I sighed, as I reverts to Killer Ice to suture the wound using ice.

Mm, meta-sutures for meta-wounds, that's clever. Ah! Note to self, ice healing actually hurts." Cisco  explained.

Don't be a wuss." I said an frozen voice as my eye growing white.

Wuss. You're the wuss." Cisco muttered.

once I reverts back, Caitlin wraps bandages around Cisco's wounds.

Looks like you've got this whole Sarah /Killer Ice thing down pat." Cisco asked me.

I let out a sigh. "Eh, not totally. But it is getting easier to switch to Killer Ice, when I need to. So those sutures should stay frozen. while the wound heals. Once they melt, you can take the bandages off. You'll be good to go." I question, raising my eyebrows.

I have to confess. I've actually really enjoyed not having my powers lately." Cisco says.

Really?" Caitlin asked.

Yeah. I got used to being Cisco again sans Vibe-age, you know?" Cisco informed us. "And not having villains breathing down my neck once a week, I have to say, is pretty schway.

Well, if we're gonna defeat Cicada, we need a fully functioning Vibe. So hopefully this does the trick. Here, souvenirs." I said as hands him the plate of shards.

Oh, thank you so much." Cisco said sarcastically.

You're welcome." I smiled as I walked out of the med with Caitlin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Barry and Nora arrive the Cortex and discovers that he can't stop vibrating. '

Guys!" Barry called.

We need your help!" Nora answered.

With what?" Sherloque asked as Barry phases part way through the floor, but Nora quickly grab on to him.

With that?" Sherloque asked again as Nora pull him out of the floor.

I can't stop phasing." Barry says.

And we can't counter-phase him forever." Nora repeated.

Okay, that's not good. He points from Nora to Barry. If you both keep going but you don't, then you could then fall to your death." Sherloque said.

Yeah!"

What are we gonna do?" Nora asked as causing all of us to look confused.

I nodded my head. 'Let him in. He's actually gonna fall into pipeline cell.

What?!" Barry asked, confused

Yes, if you phase through the floor, you're actually gonna fall into pipeline cell directly below us." Cisco explained it to Barry

And the dampening unit will negate your powers." Caitlin told Barry

Sherloque sighed. 'Unless we don't time it right."
Barry gives him a look.

In which case, your torso would be severed from your legs as you enter the cell." Sherloque simply replied.

I gives Sherloque a look. 'Not helping." I questioned him annoyed.

Stop, stop. Okay, stop. I trust you Cisco." Barry says.

Move to the right, No, my right." Cisco asked, he directs him to the correct location.

Cisco! Come on!" Barry repeated.

Okay, stop right there! One step back." Cisco said immediately.

Cisco!" I said as stood up

Actually, never mind, one step forward. Okay, ready? Three, two, one, go!" Cisco informed, when Barry phases through the floor, and activates the power dampener in the cell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cisco, Caitlin and I check the readings to see what caused Barry to keep phasing.

What's going on with me?" Barry asked us.

So the car you touched was saturated with unstable dark matter." Cisco said.

And because you were phasing at the time, it caused your body to destabilize on a cellular level." I told my husband.

When I got close to the driver, I saw dark matter veins flare up, just like on the back of Spencer Young's phone." Barry explained to us.

So the car is a piece of meta-tech?" Nora answered.

That or whatever was controlling it." Cisco simply added.

How long is he gonna have to stay in there for?" Nora asked.

Without the help of the power dampeners, it could take up to a day?" Caitlin informed Nora with a small frown.

No, no! I have to present evidence on the stand in, like, ten minutes. Cecile's gonna kill me." Barry responded softly. I sighed and he gave me a glare

That's not good." Sherloque said.

Well, when Dad made me official, he submitted my paperwork to the court, so I'm qualified to present forensic evidence. I can do this." Nora explained. before walking off.

Caitlin and I walked In the med lab when we saw Cisco doing something.

What you doing?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

Get a load of this. You know those shards you removed? I ran a biochemical analysis on them and the tissue from my hands." Cisco said

Caitlin let out a soft chuckle. 'You know how to do that?"

I picked up a thing or two from Caitlin and Sarah Snow, MD over the years..." Cisco told us, shrugging.
And I found this. 'That's my tissue right." He pulls out another scan eariler today. discovered that the dark matter was removing his powers.

Almost all the dark matter is gone." Caitlin simply replied.

Cisco sighed. The shards weren't dampening my powers. They were removing them.

I nodded. 'So the dagger has anti-dark matter properties."

Yes!"

Cisco, if we can synthesize that into a serum, we could get rid of Cicada's powers entirely." Caitlin confirmed Cisco.

And not just his powers, everyone's." Cisco said.

Everyone's?" I asked, confused.

Sarah. Caitlin, we could make a meta-human cure." Cisco told us.

You think we need a meta-human cure?" Caitlin asked.

Don't you?"

Okay, maybe not. But I seem to remember a time when you did?" Cisco said.

Sure, when Caitlin and I, first discovered Killer Frost, and Killer Ice." I continued asking. 'We wanted to get rid of them. But when they was gone, it felt like a piece of us. was missing. Besides, we have seen meta-human powers do really good things.

Okay, yeah! If you can build an ice bridge to avoid rush hour traffic, but what if my existence gives everyone around me radiation poisoning like Fallout?" Those metas, we created them against their will." Cisco explained it to us.

No, Thawne created the particle accelerator and he sabotaged it." Caitlin corrected Cisco.

And who shattered the satellite full of dark matter and created God knows how many metas?" Cisco asked, raising his eyebrows. 'We did that. This cure could give meta-humans a second chance at having a normal life.

Maybe not everyone wants a normal life, Cisco." I told him, before walking away. and Caitlin following as well

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cisco and Caitlin and I were In the Cortex. Iris has video of Raya using the meta-tech fob. She can use it to control engines by remote.

'So Joss Jackam never made it to Iron Heights." Caitlin asked Iris.

Nope, and the transport driver said that the woman who took her used something that completely shut down his truck." Iris explained.

Pause. That. Look familiar?" Cisco added.

Ugh, another piece of satellite shard." Caitlin responded.

So the fob is the meta-tech?" I asked.

Yeah, probably sends out some kind of dark matter pulse that overrides any guidance system in seconds." Cisco said.

So as long as she has an engine, she can control it and we still don't even know who we're looking for." Nora informed us.

Maybe we do." Iris turns to Cisco. 'Hey, can you fast-forward?" she asked as Cisco fast forwards the video.

Stop." Iris said, then she notices that Raya salutes the policemen, and discover Raya's identity.

Yeah, look, that salute. She's definitely military." Iris replied breathlessly.

Okay, let's run that face through the DOD database." Cisco answered, He searches for Raya's file and puts it on the computer screen.

Raya Van Zandt. Former air force, ace pilot, mechanic, and expert in vehicle operations. She was dishonorably discharged." My older sister said to all of us.

Call sign was Silver Ghost. Huh?" Cisco replied.

The rest of her military record was sealed." Caitlin  replied with a sigh.

Okay, well, I'm gonna see if my dad can call in a favor and maybe we can get a copy." Iris muttered, she goes to have Joe get a copy of Raya's military record.

Yeah, and in the meantime, it looks like we have two bad girls to track down." Nora suggested.

I glanced down at Nora and sighed. 'I'm not so sure, Nora. I mean, Cecile said that she could feel Joss' remorse.

Come on, Mom. That was a show. I mean, do you think this escape was a coincidence?" Nora simply responded.

Uh, well, we don't know yet, Nora." I questioned.

Yes, we do. Raya got that fob to break Joss out of the prison transport. I guarantee you Joss is a part of this." Nora said.

I nodded. 'How do you know that?"

Because bad people don't change." Nora answered, before walking away.

Barry pops on the computer screen.  "Hey, guys, any way you could send down some food?" Barry said.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Killer Ice POV

Cisco is distilling dark matter ore from the shards, and Killer Frost and I comes in and ice-blasts them.

What the hell are you doing?" Cisco asked.

What the hell are you doing?" I finished off Cisco's sentence.

Well, I was distilling dark matter ore from Cicada's dagger shards. But I can't really do that anymore, can I?" Cisco said

Whoops." Killer Frost chuckles.

Why did you do that?" Cisco asked the two of us.

You're smart. You can figure it out." I told him as my eyes glowing white.

When are you gonna figure out that a meta-cure could actually help people?" Cisco asked, trailing off.

Frost and I stared at each for a moment. 'Listen, I heard all about it, short stuff. But you know what? Sarah and Caity, doing just fine, and so were you until Cicada got all up in your head." Killer Frost informed Cisco.

Don't do that. This isn't just about me." Cisco mumbled.

Oh, the hell it isn't? And you know what?" I get it. He tried to kill you. You're trying to create something that'll save us all." I simply explained.

Yeah, I am! All of us! you and Barry, Nora, you have a family. Even you and Caitlin have your weird little family." Cisco commented. 'But what about my family? I want a wife to grow old with. I want a kid. And I don't want them to wonder all the time if their dad is in trouble, if he's even gonna make it home tonight.

Cisco, you don't have to choose between having powers and having a family." Killer Frost suggested.

Yeah? Well, some of us do. I'm not the Flash. I don't want to be the Flash. I want to be me. A cure is the only way. Or it was." Cisco said to the two of us. before walking away

~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile we were in the Cortex. Iris gets a report about the car's theft.

Is it Joss or Raya?" Nora asked Iris.

I'm guessing both because someone just stole a very expensive vehicle from A.R.G.U.S. after a very precise lightning strike." Iris said.

It's a next-gen prototype with all the bells and whistles" If bells and whistles could explode and murder people." Cisco announce as he brings up the blue prints for the car

And supposedly it's untrackable. So how do we find it?" Caitlin asked.

We don't search for the car." Nora said.

I cleared my throat. 'We search for them.

If Joss made lightning strike again, it means she has her staff." Nora confirmed.

Oh, so we can track the dark matter in it. Nice!" I exclaimed.

I got the location." Cisco answered.

Okay, remember, Nora, whatever you do, don't touch the car while using your powers." Barry told Nora

Hey, Mom, Can I steal you for a second? Nora asked.
as we walk out of the cortex. Nora and I intercept the car.

Joyride's over, Silver Ghost." I asked.

Joss, I need to talk to you." Nora told her.

Hard pass." Raya said. Then Silver Ghost fires a missile at Nora who easily avoids it. However, it explodes as it passes her.

Got to love remote detonation." Raya says.
Silver Ghost then backs the car up and then drives away.

Nora quickly gets up and speeds away to grab me then speeds ahead of Raya and Joss.

Icy roads ahead." I said as I bless an Ice wall.

Suddenly, Silver Ghost uses the car system to phase through the wall, and the phasing jams the tracking.

Well, at least we got their wheels. What's left of them." I exclaimed.

Thanks for the last-minute rescue." Nora said.

For the what?" I asked.

Icing up the road." Nora said.

I didn't ice the road." I replied with a sigh.

What? Who..."

I think I have a pretty good idea who it was." I simply responded.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sarah's POV

the 24 hours expire and the team release Barry from the cell. "Okay, I double-checked with Caitlin, and there doesn't seem to be any unstable dark matter in your biometric scans." I exclaimed.

Okay." Barry sighs, and steps out of the cell, that he's no longer phasing uncontrollably. 'Man, it feels good to be out of there."

We definitely missed you, Dad." Nora simply added with a smile.

Sorry I haven't been able to help with everything. Do we know where Joss and Raya are now?" Barry told Nora

No, we got nothing yet." Cecile answered.

But you were right about Joss. She saved my life. If she hadn't iced over the road..." Nora said to Cecile.

But she did because you connected with her." I told my daughter.

It's like Dad said, she just needed someone to believe in her." Nora pointed out.

Sounds like you found your own Leonard Snart." Barry suggested.

Well, time might prove me wrong, but I think so. I hope so." Nora turns to Cecile. I'm sorry. I messed up your first day back." She explained.

It's all right, Nora. There's always day two." Cecile turns to Barry. I'm happy you're back."

Thanks." Barry sighed.

Hey do you wanna help me find Cisco? I gotta get this extrapolator thing recalibrated. I went to go see Joe in Tibet, and I ended up in Fiji." Cecile informed Nora as her and Nora walked into the out of the pipeline, leaving me and Barry alone.

Being a parent sure is hard sometimes." I said responded with a smile.

Yeah, it is. But there's nothing like it." Barry told me with a smile across his lips.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cisco is working on equations when Caitlin hands him a parka. ' Well, actually throws it on him." Caitlin said.

Okay, well, we can't both be the basket case." Cisco said.

We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it." Come on, Breakfast Club?" It's one of the only movies Killer Frost and Killer Ice and we actually agree on." Caitlin explained.

Let me guess, they're into Bender?" Cisco asked.

Totally. She loves him." Caitlin said.

Yeah, makes sense. I'd ship that." Cisco added.

I quickly picked up the parka. 'Put that on. It's cold where we're going." I asked Cisco as He teleport us to our father's old lab..

Your dad's old lab. Cool. Girls, why did you bring me here?" Cisco asked.

Because despite our last encounter with him, he did create a meta-gene. So we was thinking that you could use his research to do the reverse." Caitlin explained to Cisco with a frown.

Um, okay, don't look now, but if I didn't know any better." I answered softly. " I'd say this feels a lot like you helping us make a meta-human cure."

We couldn't stop thinking about what you said." Caitlin explained, frowning slightly. 'About how a cure would give you a second chance at a normal life. No friend would stand in the way of that.

But there is a difference between you standing in my way and you two actively helping me." Cisco asked.

I still think this is dangerous, but maybe if we're involved, we can have some ground rules. Like the first and most important, we will never, ever force a cure on anyone." I commented.

Okay. Rule number one. We're not just here to make a cure. We're here to make a choice." Cisco told us.
before both of us wrapped around to him to hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 104 11
A voice in the Speed Force reaches Barry in his Timeless state to convince him to come home. Barry misses that voice once he's back in real-time, but...
120K 1.9K 34
What if, Barry Allen got over his infatuation over Iris and instead was smitten by someone he never expected, Dr. Caitlin Snow. One Day a mysterious...
43.9K 600 31
Barry has always had feelings for his "dream girl" Iris West, but what happens after he has a special moment with coworker Caitlin Snow? Barry will h...
7.5K 138 30
Calvin Henry snow Allen is the eldest child of Barry and Caitlin snow , this story is about before Calvin and his team travelled to the past to fix t...