Take Me to the Sky✔️

Av AshOnFire1808

Gems are not just stones that serve as decoration. They have unique qualities and powers, such as reacting in... Mer

Introduction
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Chapter - 54
Chapter - 55
Chapter - 56
Chapter - 57
Chapter - 58
Chapter - 59
Chapter - 60
Chapter - 61
Chapter - 62
Chapter - 63
Chapter - 64
Chapter - 65
Chapter - 66
Chapter - 67
Chapter - 68
Chapter - 69
Chapter - 70
Chapter - 71
Chapter - 72
Chapter - 73
Chapter - 74
Chapter - 75
Chapter - 76
Chapter - 77
Chapter - 78
Chapter - 79
Chapter - 80
Happy V Day
Chapter - 81
Chapter - 82
Chapter - 83
Chapter - 84
Chapter - 85
Chapter - 86
Chapter - 87
Epilogue

Chapter - 48

100 11 23
Av AshOnFire1808

Pulse-pounding, and Namjoon's words of concern echoing in his head, he reached for the switch at his fingertips without taking his eyes off the window.

What his eyes found once the room was lit was the back of a cat who was crouched and looking down. When the animal realized that Yoongi had discovered it, it hastened to jump towards one branch of the tree in front of it, displaying its flexibility and ability to jump. Yoongi stared at where the cat was before for a few moments before shaking his head and continuing with what he was doing.

"Of all the things that could remind me of the shadows, it had to be a cat sitting in the window," Yoongi said to himself.

After preparing dinner without a noteworthy incident, Yoongi brought the food to the table and sat in the chair ready to eat, and then sleep, until noon - the best plan for a weekend. The only downside is that he would have to do it in complete darkness because, apparently, he had run out of light and halfway to filling his mouth. With a curse, he got up and leaned out the window to see if he was the only one or if there was someone else who was in the same situation. Apparently, the entire building was without light, and not only it's building, but the rest of the surrounding area: the street was dark except for the lights of the cars and some apartments and small businesses the emergency lights still illuminated that.

"There has been a failure in one tower." He heard one of his neighbours say that he lived upstairs.

"Really? And how long will we be without light?," A girl asked from another of the windows.

"I'm not sure. I only know that it's a fault, but I don't know how long it will take to fix the problem."

"Well, what a chore, because my food is half done in the oven." Said an indignant woman from one of the lower floors.

"That is nothing compared to a cold shower in the middle of this time." Another girl commented.

During the next few minutes, fresh voices kept appearing, showing their discontent, indignation and resignation at the situation. Yoongi stayed leaning on the windowsill, looking up at the sky and, from time to time, appreciating the contrast between the illuminated areas of the city and those that were in darkness. The chatter of his neighbours served as background noise as Yoongi watched the rest of the apartments in front of his light up by the light of the candles that those who had a reserve for emergencies had lit.

"It seems to me that we are going to be without light all night." Said the neighbour who had spoken first.

"How can they have us all night without light?!"

"From what I have read, it's not a simple fault. It seems the turret has split."

"How is it split? You mean it has bent. "

"No-no-no. It says here that several anchors have come loose and that the weight and lack of support have caused the turret to fall 'as if they had split it in half'." The boy quoted as he read the information on his mobile.

"But if that goes soldier! What sort of people do they hire to build these things?"

"We are surrounded by incompetents!"

"How can these anchors come loose from nowhere?" The girl in the cold shower asked aloud.

"No idea." The boy said while writing something on his mobile. "But this is going to be long, so if you want to shower without freezing to death, there is a public toilet close to here."

"I have no other option." The girl sighed dejectedly.

Although these two had taken the news relatively well, the others were each more enraged and indignant. Some had become embroiled in a debate about the waste and disinvestment of the high taxes they paid, and others were talking to their friends about the event. 

Yoongi was still silent, as he had done during the entire exchange of information, and although his face did not show any emotion, his insides stirred like the sea in the middle of a storm. The only thing his mind seemed to provide were memories of a similar situation a few months ago, causing a knot in his stomach and his pulse racing again. It was the memories that made his hands tremble and his eyes travelled every inch of his house,

He tried to control his breathing by taking deep breaths and holding the air for a few seconds, then releasing it and repeating the process. He closed his eyes in a vain attempt to assuage the panic of something moving in the shadows of his house, but after a few seconds, he had to open them again, because having them closed made him feel even more vulnerable. Try as he might, his breathing was ragged, shaky, as was the movement of his hand across his chest. His gem glowed brightly and gave off a kind of searing heat that seemed to melt his chest, but it was just a sensation because when he touched it with his other hand, the gem was cold. Seconds later, Yoongi watched his gem's brilliance diminish to something softer, although he still gave off that almost unbearable heat that he couldn't control and that made him more nervous. He could feel something different in his gem, as if it was fighting with itself, and that was the sign that Jungkook had noticed his discomfort and was helping him.

Yoongi cursed himself for not being able to control his own gem and his breathing. He cursed himself because if this continued for a long time, Jungkook would realize that something serious was happening, and the least he wanted was to worry the boy and burden him with his problems. Being careful not to trip over anything, Yoongi went to his room hoping that a more closed environment, and therefore, more controlled in case something strange moved, would help him relax sooner. Besides, the window of his room let in some light, however weak it was, from other apartments. Yoongi tried, he really did, but his fear was still there, and that he hadn't relaxed in the least stressed him out even more. Obviously even Jungkook could tell, as there was an incoming call from him.

"Yoongi Hyung?" The voice on the other end of the line asked. It was Jungkook's voice.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi asked in a broken voice, trying to stay calm.

"Hyung, what's wrong with you? You're good?" Jungkook's voice showed how worried he was, and Yoongi squeezed his eyes shut and took a deep breath, trying by all means not to shake his voice.

"Hey, Jungkook. Everything is fine. Don't worry." He replied hastily and tremblingly. There were obviously things he couldn't control.

"If you tell me not to worry, it means I have to worry." The boy answered after a few seconds of silence that seemed like an eternity. "Are you at home?"

"I... Yes, I-I'm home." Yoongi winced at his stutter. "It's s-just that ..."

I couldn't finish the sentence. Try as he might, the words seemed to get caught in his throat and tears were forming in his eyes.

"Hyung, everything is going to be fine. I'm with you. Try to take a deep breath." The boy said in a low voice, barely a whisper, as if he were telling him a secret that no one else could know. "Are you alone?"

"Y-yes, I think so." He said as he flexed his legs to bring them closer to his chest and leaned his back against the head of the bed.

"You think?"

"The light has gone out and everything is dark. The entire area is without electricity, and they say it will take hours to fix it." Yoongi covered his face with his hand, trying to hold back the tears that were about to come out. "It's just like that time. I don't want them to come back." He finished saying, whimpering, trying not to make Jungkook hear him.

But surely he had heard because the next thing Yoongi heard was how Jungkook was talking to someone, probably Jimin or Taehyung, since he lived with them, and told him he had to go out. After that, Jungkook kept talking to Yoongi, making sure he breathed and talking about whatever came to mind distracting him. Yoongi stopped paying attention to what Jungkook was saying in favour of focusing on the sound of his voice, which calmed him enough to follow his guidelines to breathe in and out, Hyung, I'm coming, three minutes and I'm there. With some difficulty, Yoongi got up from the bed, the cell phone pressed to his ear and one hand pressed to the wall for support in case his legs gave out on the way to the entrance.

In a matter of minutes, whatever it took him to reach the entrance, Jungkook had already arrived and was knocking on his door. Hands shaking, because he still couldn't control the tremors that shook his body, Yoongi opened the door and let Jungkook in, who immediately closed the door and wrapped Yoongi in a tight hug. Not expecting it, he was stiff and still at first, but a second later he relaxed and let Jungkook hold him against his chest.

"Easy, Hyung, I'm already here. No one is going to hurt you. "

This story belongs to @nometoloko on AO3. I'm just her translator. 

This chapter is one of my faves. This is the beginning of how Yoongi truly starts showing Jungkook who he truly is. Hope you like it.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

329 11 2
"Destiny is ours to control and choose... so won't you please choose to be mine?" Jungkook likes someone who isn't his soulmate. The feeling itself...
4.9K 246 18
What will Yoongi do when he swore not to fall in love.... ...not long before Y/n came along..... He thought his mind could protect his heart.... It w...
786 68 37
How do you navigate the intricacies of falling in love? Especially when the person capturing your heart is your best friend. Does the transition jeop...
5.4K 479 22
Jungkook has been single and without pleasure for far too long in his book. Too scared of finding a random stranger to have fun times with, he turns...