With souls, Paired

By farslimah

COMPLETED✔️ ✔️ Prince Abdul Karim Tawfiq Abdul Malik. Future King of the UAE. His father made history loving... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
THIS MUST STOP❗️✊🏿
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Winners🎊
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Interview‼️❤️
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70(Epilogue)

Chapter 42

1.1K 133 54
By farslimah

Salam 😁
❤️❤️This was supposed to be a quick update but I had technical difficulties with electricity power since Sunday.🌝💔💔💔
Basically I was a cave woman since Sunday but now I'm back😁
To the story...

******************************************

"How are you going to get in?" Salim wondered.

He had asked his men to withdraw back and allow Layla and her five hooded friends do their job.

"Alpha is my handiwork. Even though I made it to be impenetrable like Tawfiq wanted, I can find a way around it's security walls."

Alpha was the name of the security system Tawfiq was using at his home. Salim vaguely remembered Tawfiq saying he had acquired it from an Italian company and it was the only one of it's kind. Salim hadn't thought the Italian company had anything to do with Layla at that time.

A mafia leader and a business woman.
She was smart.
How was she related to Dean then?

"I know you know your job but I don't know if six of you can do everything."

Layla was typing away on a laptop and she stopped when she heard what Salim said.

"I was bringing just two. And even they could have handled it. But I thought of the hostage situation and that's how I've got five of my best here. I know you're scared for your brother but I know what I'm doing." She went back to typing on the laptop.

She typed for a while before she looked at her people who were standing there patiently waiting for her orders.

"Ladies, 5 secondi per superare il cancello." (5 seconds to get past the gate.)

Ladies.

They were women?
Salim hadn't thought of it but now as he took full notice of them in the dark, he realized they were actually not so muscly. They were in black from head to toe and they all had their faces covered with masks.

"I wish we could talk more but we've got to go." She closed her laptop and placed it into Salim's unexpected hands.

"We'll be back in a while. Ladies. Andiamo." (Let's go) She ordered and they all followed her without hesitation.

From the way they were fully clothed and looked bulky, Salim was positive they had weapons underneath their clothes.

The six women headed closer to the gate and a few seconds the huge gates began to lift from the ground... and it stopped.

Salim's eyes widened in shock.

The gate had just lifted about 8 inches off the ground. That was it??? After all she did to break the firewall she herself had created?
To say Salim was disappointed was an understatement.

But right before his eyes, all the women rolled right under the gate and disappeared from their view behind the gate.

"Even I can't easily penetrate Alpha." Layla commented before rolling underneath the gate.

Right after she rolled away, the gates came down again with a loud thud.

Salim was stunned.

But he put his feelings aside and fervently hoped Layla and her friends would be able to save everyone whiles reducing the number of bodies they piled up.

There was a reason you didn't just call the Calvary unless it was absolutely necessary.

He had seen Bella in action before. And she had once been in the Calvary too. Death didn't faze them. They'd kill without thinking. And that was why Salim prayed they'd consider the fact that they were on foreign soil and would not necessarily kill anyone.
But who was he kidding though? Dean had told him it would be messy.

In Shaa Allah, everything would be fine.

**

"Bozhe moy! Bozhe moy! Moy rebenok! Moy syn poteryan. On poteryalsya v meteli! Pozhaluysta, pomogite mne! Naydi moyego syna!"  (Oh my God! Oh my God! My baby! My son is lost. He got lost in the blizzard! Please help me! Find my son!)
Bella pulled at her hair for full effect as she wailed in agony.

She had a plan. And her plan was to get out of Khabarovsk. It was a very simple plan. With lots of drama.

They just had to to get to the emergency center in the city. They'd have helicopters which could be used for flight during blizzards in case of any emergency.

If they asked nicely, they'd definitely be turned away. So they had to go with drama. And Bella loved drama.

So as she distracted the emergency staff with her agony of her imaginary missing son, Dean would use the opportunity to 'borrow' their helicopter and pick her up with the help of the helicopter's rope ladder.

"Madam, pozhaluysta, uspokoytes'" (Madam, please calm down.) One of the men tried to keep her calm but she was not having it.

"YA ne mogu uspokoit'sya! Moy syn mog pogibnut' v etoy meteli." (I can't calm down! My son could die in this blizzard.) She sobbed even louder than ever.

"Vam nuzhno uspokoit'sya i rasskazat' nam, chto imenno proizoshlo." (You need to calm down and tell us exactly what happened.)

She ignored them and just continued blabbering out anything. The workers just watched her trying to get her to explain her situation.

After she felt she was getting tired of the act, she felt her phone ping in her pocket. Saved by the bell...or notification.

She took the phone out of her pocket and read the message.

I've got the chopper. Hurry out.

She gave them a face with embarrassment written all over. "Eto stydno. Moy muzh skazal, chto moy syn byl v vannoy. V kontse kontsov, on ne propal." (This is embarassing. My husband said my son was in the bathroom. He's not missing afterall.)

They all basically visibly face palmed at her overreaction.

She smiled shyly.

"V sleduyushchiy raz ya snachala proveryu vannuyu." (Next time, I'll check the bathroom first.) She chuckled and twirled her hair with her finger.

"Madam, eto tsentr neotlozhnoy pomoshchi. Vy ne mozhete prosto tratit' nashe vremya. Eto ne shutka." (Madam, this is an emergency centre. You can't just waste our time. This is no joke.) The man who seemed to be the boss there frowned.

"Oh, then. I'll be heading home. Sorry for wasting your time again." She grinned.

"You're American?" The man said in a thick Russian accent.

"Sort of. I better be going now. Don't want to waste the time of such a serious establishment." She smiled again and turned to leave but the man stopped her.

"Stop!"
For a moment she thought she had been caught or something.

But he just said something that caught her off guard.
"You American. Drive Safe."

"Oh I'm not driving." She muttered under her breath to no one's hearing.

"Oh I will. Byee." She waved.

From the corner of her eyes she could see someone running from the back to where the other's were.

Before they realized what was going on, she had already walked out of the place into the harsh weather and jogging to her pick up point. The blizzard was getting stronger and she hoped that the helicopter could actually get through it far enough for them to get away.

She could hear the whirring of the helicopter ahead and jogged faster to it.
This was going to be a bumpy ride.

At times she wondered how much those two men; Dean and Tawfiq cared for each other. And how far they'd go to protect one another.
Honestly, she wouldn't be shocked if they died for each other.

**

Bang!

Karim was waiting for the pain but nothing came. He slowly opened his eyes to see what had happened and how he was still alive.

He opened his eyes fully to see his dad looking ahead with a hard face. He was angry. And when Karim followed his gaze, he understood why.

His facial expression dropped.

There Zaira was. A gun in her hands aimed at the sky.

So she was the one who shot the gun?

All eyes were on her now and Karim could see the shocked expression on Yasmine and Jafar's face.

Even Karim was shocked and confused. She was supposed to cause the distraction so they could save the kids and now she was standing here and they had lost a child because of that.
He fumed.

Zaira only smiled.

"Am I late for the party? I'm so sorry. I was busy getting a bomb out of me." Zaira turned her attention to Jafar.

"Jafar! You should have told me you were putting an EMP bomb in me. I thought we were friends?" She pouted.

"And you." She pointed with her gun to Yasmine.

"You must be 'the big gun' the one Jafar always talks about. I thought you would be like double Jafar's size or bigger. He had this huge fear for you. I'm not disappointed though. Women are taking things to the next level. Men couldn't pull this off."

What was she going on about? Everyone just stared at her, confused.

Yasmine however covered her shocked expression with a smile of her own.

"Zaira! Such a pleasure to finally meet you. Jafar has said so many nice things about you. But that's that. You're supposed to be dead. And I'd like to keep it that way."

"Boys. Get her."

Before her men could move a step towards Zaira, she stopped them with another shot into the sky.

"Stop. Now I didn't come back here to get killed by you again. I could have left a long time ago and you wouldn't have known. I came here because I have a proposal." She smirked and the corner of her lips lifted even further when her gaze fell on Karim.

"A proposal? What could you possibly offer?" Yasmine questioned.

"I know something you don't..." She trailed off and winked at Karim.

A realization dawned upon both Karim and Tawfiq.

The bunker.

"Don't you fucking dare!" Tawfiq growled.

Yasmine's smile grew wider.

"You know where they're hiding."

"Of course. And...I'll give the location to you if I get something in return."

"Z! What do you think you're doing? Either way..."

"Stay out of this, Jafar!" Both women glared at him to mind his business.

"What do you want?" Yasmine indulged her.

"Him." She simply said.

"Your boyfriend?"

"Karim?" She chuckled. "What am I using him for?"

Karim narrowed his gaze in confusion.

"I want him."

"Tawfiq." Yasmine's smile dropped.

"You're quick."

"What do you want with me?" Tawfiq seethed.

"You lying backstabbing bitch! You're going to regret this!" Tawfiq glared at her.

"Ahn ahn ahn! You don't even know what she wants you for. Maybe she's your savior. And I remember telling you not to speak unless I want you to. You don't want another little body on the ground. Now do you?"

Tawfiq scowled.
Karim's gaze was set on Zaira who avoided his gaze like the plague.

They helped her. They practically saved her. Even after everything she had done. And she paid them back with betrayal.

Habiba was so wrong. And if she was here to see Zaira's betrayal, she'd change her mindset.

"Savior? Oh no. I'm going to kill him." She smirked.

"Zaira! No!" Karim shouted.

"Kill him? But I want to do that." Yasmine pouted.

"Before you tried to kill me, I was supposed to be the one who killed this murderer. I want that opportunity back if you don't mind." Her lips raised a fraction.

Tawfiq and Karim had a lot to say but Jafar pressed the gun on another child's head. They fumed in anger but said nothing.

Karim should have told his dad to never give her a chance to help them. She was the biggest backstabbing bitch on the face of the Earth.

"So. If I give you the chance to kill him, you'll tell me where his family is?" Yasmine reiterated.

Tawfiq glared at Yasmine.

They had a deal!

Yasmine pursed her lips and looked at Tawfiq's angry face.

"But I made a deal." She whined.

"And that deal has gone through already, hasn't it? You know it somewhere inside your messed up brain that as long as there are people surviving him, getting the throne will be practically impossible for you."

"Eerhhhh..." she groaned, still not buying it.

"You'd want to kill them. Trust me. They've got the head security with them. And they all know you're behind this. They've got recorders and cameras down there. As long as they're alive, they'll bring you down."

What was she talking about?
There were no cameras or recorders in the bunker. She was lying just to kill Tawfiq.

"I'll send you to the deepest pits of hell if I have to!" Karim shouted and was about to step towards her when Tawfiq held him back.

Jafar cocked the gun and the children screamed.

"You're scaring the children. Keep your son in line, Tawfiq, before he becomes a rebel like you."

"We had a deal, Yasmine. You said you'd leave everyone out of this. I gave you everything you wanted!" Tawfiq muttered angrily.

"Well, I know. And I'd really love to keep my side of the deal but your family won't let things rest. And I clearly remember you saying they'd bring me down blah blah blah a while ago."

Yasmine rubbed her forehead.

"Nothing changes if you or I kill him. He'll still die." Yasmine noted.

"Yes. But I want to do it. I want to avenge my parents."

"He did not...!"

Jafar grabbed one of the little children off the ground and moved the gun to the side of her head.

"Another word from you and another body will be on your hands. Such a pretty little girl." Jafar threatened them.

Yasmine looked at the with a dull expression.

"Next time they interrupt me, kill two of those urchins. They've gotten too comfortable."

"Karim, calm down. We can't lose our head because of her. The kids lives are at stake. Think about that before you speak again. We are all angry. Hell, I'm boiling on the inside. But I've put it aside. So put yours aside."

Why was his dad so calm?
That's why he was king.
He had a level head and in the worst situation he was able to think clearly.

Tawfiq on the other hand was fuming with anger over Zaira's betrayal. She didn't believe him when he said he wasn't the one who killed her parents. Or she just didn't care.

But at the moment, he was glad about one thing. His family would be safe. Aziz was right.
No one was to be trusted.
Especially Zaira.

He remembered that few seconds he was alone with Aziz before they left the bunker.

"For everyone's protection, I'd suggest if all the codes leading to the bunker are changed after you leave."

"That's a good idea." Tawfiq nodded.

"The downside to my suggestion is that you won't know the code too."

"Why?" Tawfiq frowned.

"Your highness, they know family is your weakness. And the more you know, the worse things get. Trust no one." Aziz eyed the room in which Zaira was in.

"Not even me." Tawfiq nodded in understanding.

So Aziz would have changed the codes to the bunker and even Zaira wouldn't know the new codes. Even he didn't know it. So even if they tortured him or whatever they could think of to do to him, he couldn't give them what they wanted.

He was never supposed to return back to the bunker. That was his plan all along. The plan was always to get the intruders out one way or the other and get help from outside.

Going back to the bunker was out of the question.

"So what is it going to be? Give me the opportunity to kill this bastard and get every member of his family out of the way or kill him yourself and watch as your master plan crumbles." She arched a brow.

Yasmine thought for a moment.

"I guess I could let you kill him. It'd even clear me of any more charges if things go bad." She smiled devilishly.

She always thought of herself.

"You may do the honors, sweetheart." She stepped back a little.

Karim felt like letting everything down the drain and killing Zaira himself. He had never felt such betrayal, hurt and anger at the same time. It was overwhelming him. If only, Zaira would look at him, he'd show her how much he despised her. But she had avoided meeting his gaze.

He wanted to say something, step in, do something so his father wouldn't have to die but his father gave him a knowing face.

He was okay with it. He was okay to sacrifice himself. And Karim's heart broke at his expression. This was his way of fighting to protect his family.
He always fought to protect them. Did everything in his power, never gave up, just to protect them.

But today, because of Karim's naivety, he had given up everything.

Even his life.

And even though Karim had initially thought his dad would be very angry, he hadn't been. He was angry about the lies but that was all.
And that alone made Karim feel like everything was his fault from the very beginning.

His dad was about to die at the hands of her.

He hated her.

He hated her.

He hated her.

She didn't care about anything in this world except her messed up plan. She didn't even care about her brother...

Wait.

Everything she did was for her brother.
And now she had let it all go just to kill his father? Even when she knew he wasn't behind her parents death?

Something was off.

Zaira smiled sarcastically at Yasmine as she stepped closer, analyzing her gun without looking up.

Even at their proximity, she still found ways not to look at him.

She pointed her gun at Tawfiq and cocked it.
Ready to fire.

He didn't falter.
As long as he knew his family would be safe in the end, he was fine.
He was just sad that Naima would be broken that he didn't keep his promise of returning alive. He failed Forever together, Never Apart.
But as long as they were safe, it was okay. And if it was Zaira killing him then, she'd protect Karim, right? He hoped for that much.
Everyone would be safe.

But the next sentence made him hold his breath. And not from a gun being pointed at him.

"Stop."

"What now?" Zaira didn't take his eyes of Tawfiq.

She looked deep into his eyes without losing sight of him for a second. He looked at her in the same manner without a speck of emotion on his face.

"You do know that after you kill him, I'm killing everyone right? That includes your little boyfriend over there. I'm finding it hard to believe you'd risk that. I'd think you'd use your trade to get his life but you're using it to take his father's life. I'm finding that very hard to believe."

Zaira made the mistake of looking at Karim.
Her heart skipped a beat and the hatred etched on his features made her feel like drowning.

She shrugged it off and laughed.

"Do as you please with him. He's been gullible from the very beginning. Too soft for me. I might have had a crush on him but that was it. You could sell his organs for all I care." She said to Yasmine without turning to look at her.

"A crush, you call it? You threatened to bring everything I've done down. For this gullible crush of yours." Yasmine narrowed her eyes at her.

"Times change." She simply answered.

"I see. Then you wouldn't mind telling me where they're hiding first before you kill my prize hostage."

Zaira paused.

"I'm getting this over with." She quickly covered up and fired at Tawfiq.

Bang

"NO!" Karim screamed.

Tawfiq fell.

_______________________________

This was supposed to be a double update but y'all wanted an update 😁😁🥺
So I gave you one😁🙂
With a suspense😁💔
Okay comments?

Lemme go now🚶🏿‍♀️🚶🏿‍♀️🙂

Ciao😁🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 1.1K 69
STAND BY ME❤️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...
57K 6K 68
COMPLETED ✔️✔️ "I don't want to argue with you, Z." Karim gritted out. "Stop calling me that, Karim." Zaira growled. "Do not refer to me by my name...
2.3M 138K 52
"You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected times." ▪▪ He stroke my arm with his hand and carefully followed his own act...
2.3M 167K 79
"You are fired," he said, as my heart broke into tiny pieces. "No please sir, don't separate me from Imad. I beg of you," I pleaded in agony. What s...