Finding Happiness

By joajayi

"Sir here is your card. I'll head to my room. Good night sir, Ms. Collins Have a wonderful night" He smiled a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1-- Attention
Chapter 2-- The Conference Meeting
Chapter 3-- First impression
chapter 4 - Obsession
Chapter 5-- New and Old
Chapter 6-- Turn of Events
Chapter 7-- Shopping with the boss
Chapter 8-- The 'Business Trip'
Chapter 9-- Within seconds
Chapter 10-- The Funeral
Chapter 11-- The story of my life
Chapter 12-- Party with the billionaires
Chapter 13-- Double Trouble
Chapter 14-- Strange Changes
Chapter 15-- Game room
Chapter 16-- Two can Play this game
Chapter 17-- Beach House
Chapter 18-- Beach house II
Chapter 19-- Confession
Chapter 20-- The first date
Chapter 21-- A Fight?
Chapter 22-- Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 23-- Baby shower
Chapter 24-- Say the words
Chapter 26-- Surprise!
Chapter 27-- So Much Love
Chapter 28-- Misunderstanding
Chapter 29-- Misunderstanding II
Chapter 30-- Broken Beyond Repair
Chapter 31-- Five years later
Chapter 32-- Old friends
Chapter 33-- The talk
Chapter 34-- Remember us
Chapter 35-- The weekend
Chapter 36-- I'll make you mine...again
Chapter 37--New Fling
Chapter 38 --The Face of Fear
Chapter 39--The Face Of Fear II
Chapter 40-- Meet my brother, Harrison
Chapter 41--Prayers
Chapter 42-- A glimpse of Heaven
Chapter 43-- He's still the boss
Chapter 44-- She's my hero, she doesn't need a cape
Chapter 45--Earned it (unedited)
Chapter 46-- Like I'm Gonna Lose You.(unedited)

Chapter 25-- Secrets

7.2K 296 4
By joajayi

Jane's P.O.V

"OMG! Jane, your face is in every magazine and gossip blog. 'The most eligible bachelor's girlfriend' You've turned into a celebrity overnight. Jane, you need to be careful on the street, because Liam's fangirls are coming after you." Arie said jokingly over the phone. "By the way, you look like a supermodel in every magazine. I can't stop reading them," Arie added and I scoffed.

"Arie, it's just a bunch of stupid papers. I don't even understand why a businessman is so famous. It's not like I'm dating a celebrity," I replied.

"He hangs with celebrities, and his rich playboy made the news. His family owns multiple businesses and properties across the country. Everyone wants a bit of the heir to the throne, Jane," She said.

"Whatever, can we talk about something else?" I said to change the subject.

"Fine..." She replied. "So tell me how are you holding up with your break up? Are you okay?" I asked sternly.

Arie and Roy broke up earlier this month. Roy said he wasn't feeling the relationship anymore. After five years of dating, he said he met someone else. He said he never cheated on Arie. He said respected her a lot and he couldn't cheat on her. Which is why he decided to break up with her.

At least he was honest about his feelings. She didn't have to walk in on her boyfriend having sex with his so-called 'co-worker' in the bathroom. Luke is a cheating bastard.

But five years though? I don't know what I would do after loving a man for five years just for him to end it like that.

"Yeah... I'm okay. I'm just hanging in there. I felt it. I could tell his heart wasn't mine anymore. I just thought I could make it work, you know." She sighed. Before I could reply she spoke up. "Guess what!" She said she changed her mood all of a sudden.

I know she's hurting. She loved him. Five years is no joke, but knowing who she is, she doesn't like showing it. Unlike me, she doesn't like people seeing her weakness or showing them she's hurt. She would rather put on a smile and deal with it alone. It's not healthy, but she makes it work. I'm the only one who knows when she hurting and how to act around her.

"You know I'm not good at guessing, so just say it already," I replied making a coffee for myself in my kitchen.

"Guess who's moving to New York? Me!" She said excitedly. I spit out my coffee. "Shut the front door," I replied not believing her thinking it was one of her pranks.

"I thought about it a few weeks ago. You know... you're in New York. I have families in New York, and maybe I just need to change my environment. Just like you," She explained.

"Maybe just maybe, I can also meet a rich guy like your boyfriend. Who knows, I might be a lucky girl like you," She continued playfully.

I screamed excitedly. Arie laughed wholeheartedly.

"I've been trying so hard to keep this from you. I just wanted to surprise you in New York, but I don't want you to have a heart attack," She said, making me laugh.

"So that means we're gonna be roommates again? Please tell me you haven't gotten an apartment," I asked sitting on the couch. "Of course, we're going to be roommates again. You're not gonna get rid of me that easy," She said.

"You've just made my day. So, when are you moving in?" I asked

"I'm coming on the second of June. New York better be ready for this New chic 'cause I'm single... but not ready to mingle," She sang, making me laugh.

"I'm so happy! Wait what about work?" I asked.

"That's not a problem. I requested to be transferred to the headquarters. There was an opening in the Finance department, so I applied for the role. It was an opportunity for promotion. I did an interview and I was given the role. You're talking to the new Finance Director." Arie said, unable to control her excitement.

"Yes!!! I'm so proud of you, Arie! Can't wait to celebrate with you." I smiled, super excited to see her again.

"Liam knows about this. The VP was more involved in it, but Liam signed and approved the letter," She explained.

Wait what!

"What! He knows and he didn't tell me. How come I didn't see the letter?" I asked curiously. "That's because I emailed him directly, and I told him not to tell you. I wanted to surprise you," She said.

That explains why he has been acting weird when I mention Arie. He just pretends to have a call or just blab about something else.

Liam and Arie have spoken to each other on the phone so many times. I'm usually with Liam when she calls.

A while ago, I introduced him to my friends and family as my boyfriend over the phone. He has spoken with my family a few times. He can reach them anytime because he has their numbers.

He thought it was a fair trade because I grew closer to his family.

I'm just glad they all love him.

"I'm sorry, don't be mad at me or him. I kind of threatened him. Just a little bit," She said, making me laugh. I shook my head knowing she was capable of doing that.

"You two are friends now. I'm just glad you two get along. I'm glad everyone loves him, well, except Aiden." I said.

"Don't worry, I'm sure those two will come around," She assured me. "I hope so," I replied. After that, Arie and I spoke for a few more minutes before saying goodbye.

***

"Good morning," I greeted no one in particular as I entered my office. Some replied, while some snorted, mostly ladies of course. Isn't that such a pleasant way to start a Monday morning?

"Morning Sunshine," Liam sang, resting on the frame of my door.

Now that's the way to start a morning.

That gorgeous face. I can do anything just to see him and hear his voice every minute.

"Good morning," I replied and gave him a short kiss on his lips. He sighed dreamily making me smile. "It's indeed a good morning," He said with his beautiful smile.

"Cancel all the meetings today. Reschedule the ones you can. I have an intentional meeting with the interior designers for the hotel. I will be in my office talking to them. I don't want anyone to interrupt me," He said and I nodded in reply.

Liam is almost done with the construction of his hotel. He wants to open it by the end of June or the first week of July so he's rushing it.

"But I thought the interior designers were already done showing you the plan," I let out.

The last time I checked he told me they're done with the sketch.

"Er... you know... just a little patch. I wanted to add some details and... er... yeah that's pretty much it. I didn't like their idea for the rooms so... I'll see you later," He responded hastily and ran to his office.

He's hiding something. That's how he behaves when he's hiding something from me, but what is it this time?

It is not Arie because I called him last night after talking to Arie. He knows that I know now.

The question is what is he hiding? I'm gonna find out. But first I need to get some work done.

After 30 minutes of working, I walked into Liam's office without knocking. I know it's not polite, I just want to know what he's hiding this time.

Liam slammed his Laptop shut immediately when he saw me. "Jane! Babe! Sweetheart! Uhm... Do you need something? Is anything wrong?" He stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck while smiling awkwardly.

"I think I should be asking you that question," I replied, raising my eyebrows.

"What do you mean? There is no problem... everything is fine... I'm just having a meeting with the interior designers... and they're shy. They have a... thingy all over their faces. It's disgusting," He babbled nervously.

He doesn't even know how to lie to me.

I folded my arms and sat on the chair. I didn't say anything. I just sat down and glanced at him, trying to figure out what he was hiding.

Why is he acting like this? He has been acting nervous lately.

"So, what do you want to do tonight?" He asked trying to avoid another question. "Nothing, I guess. I'm feeling a little bit tired, so I think I'll just go home," I replied and he nodded.

"Hmm, you're right that's a good idea," He said nodding his head continuously.

Liam and I are always together all the time. I can never get tired of seeing him, but I just feel like he needs some space. I mean we practically see each other every day at work, and then we go out after work.

I don't want to be the clingy girlfriend. I want to give him space and let him breathe. I just hope he hasn't gotten tired of me yet with the way he is acting lately.

I mean we've been dating for a while and still haven't had sex. He's been patiently waiting, and I feel bad about it. He said it was about time for him to practice celibacy.

Wait a second!

Is that why he's acting weird?

Is he secretly seeing someone else?

Stop thinking too far.

Liam's P.O.V

Jane is suspecting me. She can't find out about this. I can't let her find out. I'm so bad at lying to her. I just find it so hard to lie to her or keep something this huge away from her. This has been bugging me, but I've been trying so hard and patiently waiting.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing on my desk, stopping my train of thought. Jane's eyes roam from my phone and then my eyes. I checked the caller ID and it was Maria.

Oh oh, this is not a good time. How am I supposed to pick this up?

I glanced at Jane to see if she was watching me, and I was right. She was watching me.

"Won't you pick that up?" She asked trying to hide the curious look on her face.

"Oh yeah," I replied. I stood up, picked up my phone, and walked to the other end of my office.

Thank God for my big office.

"Hello," I answered.

"Liam, where are you? I'm on my way," Maria replied on the phone.

"I'm still in my office, and she's here with me. I don't know how to excuse myself without sounding suspicious," I whispered, trying to keep my voice down so Jane wouldn't hear me.

"Find something to say, Liam. I don't have much time, I need to be somewhere else. Please, meet me at the usual place. We are not gonna take too long I promise, we can make it as quick as possible." Maria said.

"Okay, usual place. I'll meet you there. Thanks bye," I replied before hanging up.

I walked back to my desk to pick up my keys and my jacket.

"Jane, I need to be somewhere very important. Liana needs me urgently. I'll be back soon. If I can't make it back to work, I'll let you know." I said to her while trying to avoid her gaze.

I can't believe I used my sister's name, What if Jane calls Liana?

No, she won't. Jane is not the type.

She nodded slowly, and I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes. I hate to do this but I can't stop now. I've gone too far to stop.

I gave her a quick kiss and she stood up. We both walked out of my office. She didn't say anything till we got to the front of her office.

"Be safe," She said. "I will, always," I replied. "See you later" I added. "Bye," She replied without looking at me and I left.

I let out a breath of relief when I got inside my car. I picked up my phone from my jacket and dialed Laila's number.

"Hello," I said when she answered. "Hey Liam," She replied. "Hey, um... Maria is waiting for us at the spot. I'm on my way. Are you coming?" I asked

"Yes, of course. I'll be on my way right now, and I'll also call Liana to let her know," She responded. "Okay, thanks a lot. I appreciate you helping me with this," I said honestly.

"No problem Liam, anything for my friends. I'll be there in less than 30 minutes," She said. "Perfect! Bye," I said. I hung up before driving off.

I parked at the front of the hall and got out of my car. I saw Maria, Liana, and heavily pregnant Laila waiting for me at the entrance of the hall.

"Hey guys," I greeted. "Hey," They said at the same time. Maria, who is an Event planner, entered the hall first.

"Okay, so this is the place you want. Her birthday is exactly in 12 days, right? We already booked this place for that day. I ordered what we needed. You said you want the colors to be turquoise and gold. We are currently preparing the design you chose," Maria explained.

"I just want it to be perfect, but not extreme. She doesn't like things like that. Just simple and beautiful," I said. "I promise you that Liam," Maria smiled at me.

Maria and I attended the same high school. She's one of New York's best planners, and Laila also happened to be her Lawyer.

"Wow, I'm so happy you're doing this for Jane. She's going to be so happy. I never knew my brother could be so romantic," Liana said making Laila laugh. "Shut up Liana," I responded and she laughed.

"I just hope she likes it," I said thinking about Jane. "Trust me she's going to love it," Laila replied with a smile. We sat down and talked about the plan.

I was speaking with Jane's family in London through Zoom, about her birthday and the plan.

I was planning on flying to London with my pilot to fly them to New York. We were talking about the plan when Jane walked in, causing me to slam my laptop close as fast as I could.

She usually follows me on my business trips, so I need to think about an excuse I'm going to give her before I travel to London.

Please kindly vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 2.3K 78
"plzz Eric don't do this to him. He is innocent." I begged. "So..." He asked annoyed. "Didn't I tell you to stay away from him? Now bear the conseque...
860K 29.7K 37
What happens when your feelings and thoughts don't agree? You feel like there's a battle happening inside you. Your heart tells you what you really w...
2.1M 68.9K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
9.5K 571 39
I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you was high school graduation." "Exactly...