True moon

By IssyRob

If you had told me three years ago that I would be deciding the fate of Esme, a woman I had once considered a... More

Prologue (recommended to read but not obligatory)
Chapter 1- Selfish
Chapter 2- Decisions
Chapter 3- Broken family
Chapted 4- Turning page
Chapter 5- Goodbyes
Chapter 7- Alone
Chapter 8- Helpless
Chapter 9- Assumptions
Chapter 10- Explanations
Chapter 11- Esme's letter
Chapter 12- Charlie's talk
Chapter 13- offended
Jasper's tasks Part 1
Jasper's tasks part 2
Got your back
Unwanted
They're all the same
Tense
Moving on
Jane
Gone
The volturi
Conditions
Reactions
Agreements
Chapter 29- dedication
Chapter 31- Part 1, party
Chapter 31- part 2, party
Chapter 32- Dates
Chapter 33- Date
Chapter 34
Chapter 35- Holiday
Chapter 36- Tension
Chapter 37-Queen Isabella part 1
Chapter 38- Queen Isabella part 2
Chapter 39- fate
Chapter 40- consequences
Chapter 41-revenge
Epilogue

Overreaction

904 43 0
By IssyRob

Hello darlings,

1560 words!!! (not including my intro) Super long!

Really proud of this chapter.

Now I know some of you might be dissapointed by what Jalice (I just love that ship name) told Bella but don't worry there's a huge shock coming up in the next two chapters...I mean proper huge!

Also, I'm editing the beginning of this story quite a lot- putting chapters together to make them longer etc. you certainly don't need to reread it- I'm just telling you so that you know. Next chapter will hopefully be up fairly promptly.

Anways enjoy this chapter,

vote and comment, you know it means an awful lot.

Love you guys so much,

issy

xxx

Charlie POV

"Bella?" I mumured, looking at her frail body lying on the bed.

No reply.

"Bella?" I asked quietly again, shaking her slightly.

"Go away" I heard her mumble quietly as she hid under her white duvet. I snickered.

"Sorry, Bells, but it's time to get up" I chuckled.

She groaned and rolled over, ignoring me.

"Bells?"

"No, it's far too early to get up" she mumbled.

I glanced at her purple alarm clock which read 1:44 pm.

"It's 1:44" I laughed.

"In the morning?" she asked, hopefully.

"Do you think I'd wake you up at 1:44 in the morning Bells?" I chuckled.

"Yes" she muttered under her breath, smiling slightly to herself.

"Uh huh" I laughed. "Right, stop distracting me lazy and get out of bed!"

"What's with the rush?" she asked.

"I want to talk to you and besides we supposed to be going to the doctors today" I said calmly, gauging her reaction.

Bella's expression immediately sombred.

"Again?" Bella asked. "We only went a week ago!" she complained.

"Yes, but the doctor wants to see you weakly" I said softly. "Besides, don't you want to go there?"

"Really? Why would I want to get to the doctor's?" she asked, slightly amused.

"To get better" I said simply. "And we know you love hospitals- you're not fooling me young lady! You only fall over so much so that you can see that dashing Mr Rinesale!" I added, not wanting to upset her.

Mr Rinesale was possibly the most boring man in the world and his looks well I guess it was fair to say that his advantages lay in other departments. Quite frankly he looked like a blown up rasberry- he was always bright pink and was massive. Not to mention all of the grey hair on his head and to add to the list he was a completely stuck up. Not my type, at all.

She laughed. "Oh yes, Mr Rinesale...I do like older men you know!"

Then she cringed slightly as if she had remembered something unpleasant. But I didn't know why because the only guy she had ever liked was Edward and he was definitely only 18. Unless there was someone else...

"Anways, come down stairs once you're ready, ok?" I said, hovering by the door.

"Yeah, sure thing, dad" Bella smiled at me softly.

"I'll make pancackes" I said, with a smile, closing the door behind me.

I smiled softly as I headed down the stairs towards the kitchen, things were going to get better- I just knew it.

Bella POV

Charlie was making pancackes for breakfast. That meant he wanted to talk about something important. I was slightly nervous to say the least- and was reluctant to get out of bed. I hadn't slept much at all the past couple of days so I was really tired. Groaning, I pulled myelf out of bed, stretching my legs slightly. I walked over to the mirror- I gasped, taking in my appearance. I was so fat. I was huge- my legs were just massive. My face looked just rubbish. Dark circles under my eyes, and red skin everywhere, not to mention my red, puffy eyes. My hair was tangled and grey and I looked even more pale than usual. And my eyes were plain. They'd never been incredible- but know they were dead. Just like he was. He might have well been, really. He was gone and I'd never see him again. Ever. The harsh truth punctuated my lungs and I started to clutch my stomach and bend over. Breathe Bella, I told myself sternly. Breathe. When I was back to normal- or as normal as I could possibly be- I walked towards my closet. I opened it, sighing when I saw all the short, provocative clothing Alice had filled it with. Turning to find my favourite over-sized hoodie- I was shocked to relaize that it wasn't there and that Alice had thrown it away. I couldn't believe her! How dare she! She had no right! Fuming, I turned to see what I actually still had. Pulling out a pair of dark, skinny jeans I was suprised to see it still fit. I'd grown so fat recently...pulling on a simple white t-shirt and grey hoodie, I turned to find my favourite shoes- my tattered once-white-now-grey converse. But they were gone as well. I cursed Alice under my breath and pulled out a new pair of converse that Alice had replaced them with. They were bright red and I had to admit they were really nice. But still....Grabbing my hairbrush, I decided to venture into the unknown and attempt to untangle my hair. After twenty minutes of pure agony and about half my hair being ripped out, I decided that I'd done the best I could and turned to my make up bag. I'd never worn much makeup- I'd never really decided to go into all that stuff but decided to put just a little bit of concealer on under my eyes and a little bit of mascara on my eyelashes. Turning to the mirror, I sighed, I still looked awful. Why couldn't I be pretty- like Angela? Like Jessica.....like Alice....like Rosalie and most importantly like Tanya. Why couldn't I be Tanya? That way I'd get to have Edward all to myself- he'd love me just as much as I loved him. I sighed, shaking the thoughts out of my head as I walked down the stairs, carefully. Walking into the kitchen, I wrinkled my nose up in disgust at the smell of burning.

"Charlie?" I asked. "What have you done?"

Charlie rolled his eyes and turned to face me. "Now Bella, be nice or I won't make you breakfast...everybody's sooo mean to me"

I snickered. "Charlie watch the pancackes, they're burning!" I scolded him lightly.

"Well it's your fault for distracting me!" he argued.

"Oh for christ's sake!" I sighed, throwing my hands into the air, dramatically as I walked towards the frying pan and flipped the pancackes over quickly. I put on a good act for Charlie, I tried so hard and to be honest I did ok. It was hard. I could barely manage it but Charlie deserved it. Charlie didn't need somoene so selfless as me weighing him down the whole time.

"Bella! Watch the pancakes! Honestly, I'm so dissapointed in you!" Charlie sighed, pretending to be horrified.

I rolled my eyes again and served the pancakes, adding a little bit of lemon and sugar to both of them and set them on the table along with two glasses of water. We ate- or Charlie ate and I poked at- our pancackes in silence for a couple of minutes before Charlie broke the silence.

"Bella?" he asked, glancing at me cautiously.

I wondered why he was so nervous- I wasn't the ones who bite. I looked up, nodding, to meet his gaze.

"Um...what did Alice and Jasper tell you yesterday that made you so upset?" he asked, hestitantly, probably worried that I would snap.

I gulped down my water quickly.

"Um..." I began. "I don't really know where to start" I said honestly, refusing to meet Charlie's gaze.

"Tell me everything that happened, starting from when you went upstairs with them" Charlie said softly.

"Ok...well it began normal. Alice said that she had somehting important to tell me and immediately I was worried- I knew that it couldn't have been good news judging by her expression" I mumured, gazing at the table. "She tried to delay telling me what she had to by starting to unpack all of the clothes that she had bought me while shopping but eventually I lost patience with her babble and asked her to just 'spit it out'. She looked at me reluctantly and looked at Jasper, who nodded. Jasper began by saying that it wasn't easy what they had to tell me and that they didn't want to but they had to for a little while...." I trailed off, deep in thought.

"And what was the news?" Charlie probbed, clearly becoming impatient.

"They told me that they were leaving me" I whispered.

"What?!" Charlie stuttered, shocked.

"I know. They said that they'd come back- they promised- wouldn't sell the house or anything and that they'd only be gone a few days but..." I trailed off.

"Wait" Charlie stopped me "You mean they're just going out of town for a couple of days?"

I nodded. "But what if they never come back?" I whispered, tears forming in my eyes at the all too likely thought.

"Why wouldn't they come back though?"

"Because they want to get away from me, relaised that I'm not good enough" I answered, quickly.

"Bella. You are good enough. You are better than them if anything. They're not leaving you- they're just going out of town for a couple of days and then they'll be back again" Charlie said softlty.

I nodded, relaising how stupid I'd been. "I overreacted didn't I?" I mumured, looking up at Charlie.

"Just a tad" Charlie joked.

I sighed. "I need to call them"

"Yes, you do" Charlie commented, passing me the phone.

"Thanks" I mumured.

Dialing their number, I waited for Alice's chirpy voice to come through the line, praying they'd forgive me for my inexcusable behaviour yesterday and that they hadn't left already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.7K 15
If people were asked to describe Dylan Swan. They would say outgoing, adventurous, sassy and hard-working unlike her sister who tries to get attentio...
5.6K 240 11
Scourge (skurj) → n. One who inflects punishment vengefully Life was like a thing of dominos; one wrong move and the carefully constructed design...
670K 19.1K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
184K 4.4K 16
*****This was written in 2014, it is VERY poorly written and needs unpublished. My writing style has changed dramatically but I'm keeping it as some...