I Was Kidnapped to Another Wo...

By HoanKamiro

Being kidnapped is never a good thing, right? Kamiro is a typical 17-year-old boy. He lived by himself, wast... More

Prologue - 3:00 AM
Ch. 1 - Welcome to Another World!
Ch. 2 - Welcome to Lucerna Guild Academy!
Ch. 3 - Another Typical Adventurer Assessment
Ch. 3 - Another Typical Adventurer Assessment - Part 2
Ch. 4 - The Rank-less Party
Ch. 5 - The Party Ranking Exam Is Just a Simple Combat Match?
Ch. 5 - The Party Ranking Exam Is Just a Simple Combat Match? - Part 2
Ch. 6 - A Day in Lucerna
Ch. 7 - Our First Ranked Quest Is Just to Protect Cargo?
Ch. 8 - Who Said You Can't Befriend Criminals?
Ch. 9 - The Long Night
Ch. 9 - The Long Night - Part 2
Ch. 10 - The Church in the Forest
Ch. 11 - Into the Depths of the Church
Ch. 12 - A Monster From Another World
Ch. 12 - A Monster From Another World - Part 2
Ch. 13 - A New Dawn Brings a Golden Sun
Afterword

Epilogue

46 1 0
By HoanKamiro

Earla's room was much nicer than Kamiro's storage closet with a bed. It was more appropriate to describe it as a suite, and it had ample space for small gatherings. Even in the Academy, those from renowned families had their perks.

A week had passed since the group arrived back at Lucerna Guild Academy. After a few days of questioning from the headmasters, Fleur had officially become a student and Adventurer, along with being the newest member of the Rank-less Party.

"Cheers!"

The group clacked their wooded mugs together and chugged down their drinks as if they were beers. In the Kingdom of Faro, one attained legal adulthood at 15, but, apparently, the drinking age wasn't until 16, and since Fleur was a year short, the group would've felt bad to exclude her. So non-alcoholic drinks it was. Kamiro also wasn't used to the idea of drinking alcohol at such a young age, so he didn't mind.

"Still can't believe how easy you got through the entrance assessments," Kamiro said while munching on some pastries Earla had prepared.

"It wasn't as bad as you made it out to be," Fleur said.

Ayu and Kamiro's eyes met as she snatched the final cookie he reached toward. Zero sympathy.

"I think it was just you, Kamiro. Most people don't find the assessments so intense," Ayu said.

Kamiro pouted, not from Ayu's comment, but from the cookie.

"But really, a celebration wasn't needed..." Fleur said.

"I heard from Mr. Di Reids that you passed with top results. Definitely a cause for celebration," Earla said.

"Still, all of this is a bit too much, and considering that I messed up the quest..."

"I can't believe they considered the quest failed." Ayu sighed. "But it's not your fault, Fleur. You were just a victim in all of this."

"'Any incomplete quest is considered failed.'" Kamiro imitated in a mocking voice. "The guild can be really stingy when it wants to, huh?"

"They are really by the book when it comes to lower-ranked quests, mostly if it is student Adventures completing them," Earla said.

"Well, whatever. It's not like our party ranking can get any lower. Wait, you don't think they'd un-rank our party, do you?"

"Of course not." Earla's chuckle didn't seem convincing. "At least, I hope not. Any failed quests are supposed to negatively impact our party ranking, and considering we are only Copper..."

"I'm sorry..." Fleur said.

"Oh, no, please. Do not blame yourself at all. "

"If anything, now that a natural talent like you is with us, it'll make things a lot easier," Kamiro said.

"Leeching off someone as soon as you get the chance, I see," Ayu said.

Kamiro's face showed his annoyance, but Fleur's sudden laugh surprised the whole group.

"You two are always bickering." Her laughter grew. "I can't tell if you're more like newlyweds or siblings."

It's nice to see her smiling now.

The group couldn't help but laugh along.

Later that day, the four made their way to the headmasters' office. They had a meeting with them and were not looking forward to it.

"They could've at least told us a bit of what it is about. We already told them everything we knew about the cult." Ayu said.

It doesn't help that they have that intimidating aura about them.

Fleur had a sullen expression. "So, it really is about un-ranking the party..."

"You're still going on about that? It's not gonna happen." Kamiro said. "Fine, let's make a deal. If you are right, I'll do any one thing you tell me to do."

Fleur's expression changed to a devilish one. "Oh?"

"And if I win... You'll have to make a visit to my room tonight." Kamiro awaited a reaction from Fleur, but she didn't budge.

"Hmm? So regardless of the outcome, I'll be going to your room tonight," she said. "Deal." 

Earla cleared her throat and interrupted them. "There are no unauthorized nighttime visitations allowed within the academy."

Fleur chuckled. "It's okay, Earla. You can join, as well."

Earla's face reddened like a tomato.

"And Ayu, too. Of course.

"H-Hey. I've been keeping quiet, so don't bring me into this..."

"Yes, but we all know you're thinking it."

Kamiro scratched his head. She always knows just what to say to get a reaction out of them.

The party arrived, but they hesitated while they stood outside the office. Voices rang out from the other side of the grand double doors.

"Last time, the king made it very clear to him that the city of Lucerna is autonomous. Regardless if it falls within his territory or not," Headmaster Bimwell said.

"Lord Vanderweil has always resented us for it, and even more so recently that the king has been taking our side," Headmistress Tulind said. "He is the only one with enough influence in the region to orchestrate something like that."

"Hmmm, even so, conspiring with The Silent Circle is a big accusation. We would have to gather substantial evidence to present to the king," Headmaster Wilmsbee said. "Fisc, I want you to request an audience with Vanderweil Manor. We will need to find out everything we can."

"Understood, Headmaster Willmsbee."

"Hmph. Only the Goddess knows what skeletons that man is hiding in his closet," Headmistress Tulind said.

Fisc opened the door, and the party jumped back. He glared at Fleur, specifically her ears, while he walked by.

Ayu glared back.

Fleur put her hand on Ayu's shoulder. She had slightly droopy eyes but shook her head. "It's okay. ...But thanks."

"Oh, you're here. Come on in," Headmaster Willmsbee said.

"G-Good afternoon, Headmasters. S-Sorry we are early." Earla bowed her head, and the rest of the party followed along.

"That's quite alright. Thank you for coming in such short notice," the headmistress said.

Her voice was a lot calmer then it seemed before when the group was being questioned. It kind of reminded Kamiro of a sweet old grandmother. In fact, now, while they spoke, all three headmasters seemed rather pleasant, much less intimidating than before.

I guess they had to present themselves that way when they were questioning us.

The three sat behind a long, dark hardwood desk that faced the entrance, and there was some seating for guests available on the back and sides of the room. Although all three headmasters had their private studies, when it came to important meetings and discussions that the three were involved in, they used this shared office.

It was a spacious room with elegant decor and varying shades of brown throughout. Paintings of historical figures and scenes adorned the walls, and a large window provided plenty of natural light. But magic-run lanterns also hung on the sides for when dusk came around.

The party that stood in front of them raised their heads.

Headmaster Bimwell twirled his handlebar mustache. "We wanted to speak to you all regarding your party ranking."

Kamiro and Fleur looked at each other with unsure expressions.

"Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the quest being considered failed, as any preferential treatment would set a precedent," he said. "Not to mention, there were clear violations of rules. Once you knew that the quest was out of your ranking, you all should have returned immediately. Not only did you endanger yourselves, but also the carriage drivers."

"..." The party lowered their gaze.

"...But, with that being said. After having spoken to Emil Vanstaiff and his party, along with New Dawn, we understood that all of this was clearly out of your control. As such, this will not negatively impact your current party ranking."

A collective sigh of relief was heard from the four. Fleur glanced at Kamiro and smirked.

Why do I feel like I still lost, even though I won the bet? ...She does know I was kidding about her coming to my room at night, right?

"To be honest, we owe you four a great deal," said the headmistress. "It brought to our attention a matter we are currently investigating, and your cooperation during this past week is greatly appreciated. As such, you will still be given a monetary reward."

The party looked at one another and smiled. "Thank you very much," they said.

"Not only that, but you will also receive an expense-paid trip to the Oasis City of Ombra."

The party's eyes widened.

What? I would've maybe expected this from winning a grand prize while shopping at the market, but from the headmasters? Although, a vacation does sound nice right about now. And that's one of the three great cities in the kingdom and known as a top tourist destination.

"A-Are you sure?" Earla said.

Headmistress Tulind nodded with a reassuring smile.

"Indeed," said Headmaster Bimwell. "Though we cannot give preferential treatment when it comes to rankings, we must give credit where credit is due. Thanks to you all, we have enough evidence for the kingdom to consider The Silent Circle as an extremist hate group, instead of just some random sect with their own ideologies."

"Right, we had been fighting that for a while," said Headmaster Willmsbee. "We even had growing reports here in Lucerna that this group has been actively recruiting, but our hands were tied since the kingdom didn't have them marked as a violent entity. Now we even have one of their leaders apprehended."

"New Dawn should be handing him off by now to royal court custody," said Headmistress Tulind.

"I hope that man gets what he deserves," Ayu said.

"Well put. The man will be put on trial, but do not expect his outcome to be pleasant," said the Headmistress.

"There is one last thing," said Headmaster Willmsbee. "I'm afraid the vacation will have to wait, as there is a special quest we need you all to complete first."

"A special quest?" Kamiro said.

"It is an escort quest. You are to take a special resident to the Holy Capital Pristino," Headmistress Tulind said.

"If we are honest," Headmaster Bimwell said, "We would have normally given this quest to a more experienced party, as this person is quite of importance to the church. But the boy insisted it had to be Kamiro and his party."

"What? But I don't know any..."

Headmaster Willmsbee glanced at the grandfather clock that hung on the wall behind. "They should be here soon."

A knocking came from the entrance.

"Please, come inside."

No way...

In came an older man who appeared to be a priest, and alongside him was a young boy with a mischievous smile and wearing a little bishop's uniform.

"Nolan!?"

He grinned. "Long time no see!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 28 12
Story about girl who dreamed of escaping from the cruel reality in which she has to endure the indifference of her relative and the cruelty of her p...
611K 27.3K 34
Suddenly living in an unknown world, she learned she was now in the romance book she had read not long ago and as the sad pitied mob character of the...
12.2K 545 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...
80 6 12
After getting hit by a truck, a unsucessful twenty four year old dies and is reincarnted into a fantasy world as an infant baby boy. Given a second c...